PDA

View Full Version : swampy -.-

tally2425
18th May 2011, 06:31
Never wanted to do this but i have sent him more then 5+ PM's on here and still no reply's. I payed £3 for 2 ARB bolts around 3 weeks ago and still nothing.

I got one reply to where my bolts are and he said there have been so many bank holidays they will be with you soon. Now more weeks have gone by and still no delivery.

I have even offered to pay again, £3 is nothing but i just need these dam bolts i didnt want to post this up but this might get him to talk to me.

I think some more people have had a problem with him aswell.

swampy
18th May 2011, 11:16
You have had two sets sent out.
I do 20+ transactions a wk some for several hundred pounds at a time so im not going to scam some one for £3

Silky
18th May 2011, 11:16
He can be a bit slow at posting items out, but is genuine.

Am sure that when he see's this he'll get something sent out if it's not already gone. He's been about for years on these forums so is not a rip-off.

rorz_vts
18th May 2011, 11:50
just chill mate he does post the stuff out i waited 3-4 weeks for my gear but i put in a fairly big order, he's a genuine guy mate the bolts will turn up

haz_pro
18th May 2011, 12:00
Fair enough he may not be a "scammer", but 3 weeks for some bolts is ridiculous?

mlawlan69
18th May 2011, 14:10
Fair enough he may not be a "scammer", but 3 weeks for some bolts is ridiculous?

agreed, this lad's car could be off road because of a few bolts :panic:

tally2425
18th May 2011, 14:25
Im not saying he has scammed me, He does seem genuine and im sure he is a busy lad but surely when he is on the forum he could at least reply to my PM's?

J222JRA
18th May 2011, 14:27
20+ Transactions a week........i think someone needs to discuss becoming an affiliate with Simo as youre clearly a trader.

haz_pro
18th May 2011, 14:41
DAYM, shot himself in the foot bad there.

tally2425
18th May 2011, 14:48
Sorry if i have caused all this bother but my car needs these bolts i have tryed PMing you many of times.

Anyone suggest anywhere else where i can get some ARB bolts?

Ryan
18th May 2011, 15:59
cit/pug or any motor spares company.

tally2425
18th May 2011, 16:33
cit/pug or any motor spares company.

Closest one is 1 hour away :(

VTHall
18th May 2011, 16:43
swampy is a good guy.. he is genuine..

haz_pro
18th May 2011, 17:18
Who cares if he is "genuine", ordering from amazon is genuine, you still wouldnt accept 3 weeks as a delivery time.

gaz4399
18th May 2011, 17:20
i have bought from this guy in the past and pretty sure he has plenty of happy customers such as me. 3 weeks is a bit long to be honest but im positive you will get it

garry

swampy
18th May 2011, 17:20
20+ Transactions a week........i think someone needs to discuss becoming an affiliate with Simo as youre clearly a trader.

who says they are all on this forum?
Im also on 4 or 5 other french car forums, a couple of ford ones and ebay.

I dont mind paying to be a more proactive seller on the forum, but the £300 in one hit is a bit much, if they did as other forums did and had a lower monthly figure i would happily pay it.

tally2425
18th May 2011, 17:43

I dont mind paying to be a more proactive seller on the forum, but the £300 in one hit is a bit much, if they did as other forums did and had a lower monthly figure i would happily pay it.

Will i get my bolts?

swampy
18th May 2011, 18:46
Email me at the paypal address.
Send a different delivery address and ill get some sent

tally2425
18th May 2011, 21:33
Surely my address will be fine? i get everything else i order fine

Chr15
18th May 2011, 21:46
also messaged you about a refund or tracking number for a replacement brake line, heard nothing for ages. had to find a standard one for mot and that was over a month ago

VTHall
19th May 2011, 08:16
Who cares if he is "genuine", ordering from amazon is genuine, you still wouldnt accept 3 weeks as a delivery time.

alright.. christ.. i was just backing up that he aint no scammer or whatever.

AndySAXO
19th May 2011, 12:33
I waited about 2 weeks for some brake jointers then they came as was still wrong then told me that he can't get the parts.

Even though it a standard parts and on a kit which should have been easy to fit and fit cost me alot more sort the parts and driving around the country get the parts

He said he sent the ones I needed but they where totally wrong.

I have already said it and I'll say it again very poor customer serivce.

tally2425
19th May 2011, 12:37
I have had some more sent out today i realy hope these turn up!

kristel10589
19th May 2011, 13:30

I do 20+ transactions a wk some for several hundred pounds at a time

If you do 20+ transactions a week, some for several hundered pounds then surely £300 wouldn't be much of a problem. If you'd be willing to pay a monthly fee then you'd be doing that because you're a trader, so you've basically just admitted that you're a trader :err:

Waiting weeks for a couple of bolts is a bit out of order tbh, what if you needed this stuff to get your car working??

EDIT: If anyone wants bolts i've got loads, just pay postage and paypal fees on the postage and i'll send them to ya for nothing. Got most bolts, nuts, washers, locking nuts, compression washers etc etc, Not standard OEM ones, but then neigther is swampys, there all SS high quality etc.

tally2425
19th May 2011, 17:04
Ill be very suprised if i get my bolts at all now after opening this can :D

SAM-S44MDS-
19th May 2011, 17:09
If you do 20+ transactions a week, some for several hundered pounds then surely £300 wouldn't be much of a problem. If you'd be willing to pay a monthly fee then you'd be doing that because you're a trader, so you've basically just admitted that you're a trader :err:

Waiting weeks for a couple of bolts is a bit out of order tbh, what if you needed this stuff to get your car working??

EDIT: If anyone wants bolts i've got loads, just pay postage and paypal fees on the postage and i'll send them to ya for nothing. Got most bolts, nuts, washers, locking nuts, compression washers etc etc, Not standard OEM ones, but then neigther is swampys, there all SS high quality etc.

He did say not all on this forum though. It would be pointless paying £300 to trade on the forum if it only generates £200 or so in profit. Would be better off not trading on here at all if that was the case. Not like he is selling massive profitable items on a daily basis. He sells a few quids worth of nuts and bolts every now and then

Not protecting Swampy, dont even know him. Just pointing that out for you ;)

swampy
19th May 2011, 17:17
He did say not all on this forum though. It would be pointless paying £300 to trade on the forum if it only generates £200 or so in profit. Would be better off not trading on here at all if that was the case. Not like he is selling massive profitable items on a daily basis. He sells a few quids worth of nuts and bolts every now and then

exactly!
Forums account for less than a qtr of anything i sell so why would i fork out that amount in one go when i probs dont make that much in 12monthes.
I have a full time job and just do the bolts and lines as i can get them at a good price and pass them savings on.
Tally your bolts went in the post in a white envelope with brown tape on at 11am today 1st class delivery so you should get them tomorrow.

tally2425
19th May 2011, 17:21
exactly!
Forums account for less than a qtr of anything i sell so why would i fork out that amount in one go when i probs dont make that much in 12monthes.
I have a full time job and just do the bolts and lines as i can get them at a good price and pass them savings on.
Tally your bolts went in the post in a white envelope with brown tape on at 11am today 1st class delivery so you should get them tomorrow.

wooo :d

KrisB
19th May 2011, 17:23
As i've said before rich, get yourself a website and people will just link to that instead.

There's plenty of people on the forums who will help you to design and build a website, probably in exchange for some car bits :)

And for everyone else, i have used swampy on countless occasions, yeah maybe i've had to wait a bit longer than expected for some bolts to arrive but it wasnt worth kicking up a fuss over. He's always delivered and always got it right. I'll always recommend him... it's not like he's making any money on selling the bolts etc, a guy on pug306.net and probably even on here, welsh_ben sells wind deflectors. He doesnt pay to sell them because he makes hardly anything from selling... the same principle applies here and these select people are just getting things for forum users at a decent price, in my opinion they are doing us a favour supplying with cheaper parts. I aint taking sides here, never met rich or even spoken to him on the phone, i don't know his personality but i can get a good idea about what kind of person he is by the good things he does. He's only human and deserves a break sometimes, if you've got issues about him 'scamming' you then try approaching him via his email adress which i'm sure you'll be able to find or even know if you've paid by paypal.

Actually rich... whats your email... got a proposition for you.

kristel10589
19th May 2011, 20:18
Ill be very suprised if i get my bolts at all now after opening this can :D

If you don't, put in a paypal claim, get ya money back, pm me what bolts/nuts you want and cover p&p and Ill get them sent out to you. This goes for anbyone as i said before.

It doesn't amtter how much he sells or how little or big the profit is, hes buying products to sell them on, that is a trader, I could be easily making more then £300 a year profit if I sold my bolts and I could do them cheaper!!!

No matter what, swampy I garauntee is making a profit, otherwise he wouldn't do it!

So in actuyal fact he is a scammer because he's making profit from the site and not paying for it.

As i've said before rich, get yourself a website and people will just link to that instead.

There's plenty of people on the forums who will help you to design and build a website, probably in exchange for some car bits :)

And for everyone else, i have used swampy on countless occasions, yeah maybe i've had to wait a bit longer than expected for some bolts to arrive but it wasnt worth kicking up a fuss over. He's always delivered and always got it right. I'll always recommend him... it's not like he's making any money on selling the bolts etc, a guy on pug306.net and probably even on here, welsh_ben sells wind deflectors. He doesnt pay to sell them because he makes hardly anything from selling... the same principle applies here and these select people are just getting things for forum users at a decent price, in my opinion they are doing us a favour supplying with cheaper parts. I aint taking sides here, never met rich or even spoken to him on the phone, i don't know his personality but i can get a good idea about what kind of person he is by the good things he does. He's only human and deserves a break sometimes, if you've got issues about him 'scamming' you then try approaching him via his email adress which i'm sure you'll be able to find or even know if you've paid by paypal.

Actually rich... whats your email... got a proposition for you.

I could produce everything swampy does and the bolts I can sell for free. Why would he do it if he wasn't making a profit, going through sourcing, providing and posting bolts,nuts etc for nothing...don't think so.

The reason I can provide for free is because I have access to free bolts/nuts and washers etc and have a big box full of them.

swampy
19th May 2011, 20:57
If you don't, put in a paypal claim, get ya money back, pm me what bolts/nuts you want and cover p&p and Ill get them sent out to you. This goes for anbyone as i said before.

It doesn't amtter how much he sells or how little or big the profit is, hes buying products to sell them on, that is a trader, I could be easily making more then £300 a year profit if I sold my bolts and I could do them cheaper!!!

No matter what, swampy I garauntee is making a profit, otherwise he wouldn't do it!

So in actuyal fact he is a scammer because he's making profit from the site and not paying for it.

I could produce everything swampy does and the bolts I can sell for free. Why would he do it if he wasn't making a profit, going through sourcing, providing and posting bolts,nuts etc for nothing...don't think so.

The reason I can provide for free is because I have access to free bolts/nuts and washers etc and have a big box full of them.

so you would sell on stolen goods then?
As you must be "borrowing" them from work.
Sure your boss would appreciate that.

kristel10589
19th May 2011, 21:09
so you would sell on stolen goods then?
As you must be "borrowing" them from work.
Sure your boss would appreciate that.

Where have I said i stole? someone sounds like they're getting upset because someone else is here to take profit away from them ;). Slander is a dangerous thing. I Order bolts and nuts in bulk if you really must know, so literally cost me pence each, not that any of it is YOUR buisness and has nothing to do with you!!!

swampy
19th May 2011, 21:13
not upset at all

just dont understand why any one would give stuff away for free that they have paid for!
unless of course they arnt paying for it and some one else is, so in fact they are not being left out of pocket.

as i have said the amount i make from bolts n this forum is minimal so aint fussed either way if i sell them or you give them away.

saxo-parts
19th May 2011, 21:15
stop squabbling peeps please, theres some nasty things getting chucked around. So swampys not an affiliate? sure, he perhaps should be but can see why he can't justify paying, however he at least puts a lot of input back into the forum in general and tries to help people out with info,tech advice etc unlike a lot of people who only post up in the for sale and wanted sections selling off parts from cars they are breaking and don't post any where else, and parts for a lot more money then the couple of quid here and there like swampy. BTW i have never had any dealings with swampy, have never had need to ask his favour and don't neccesarily agree with everything he says but think that a bit of a witch hunt seems to have come around.

kristel10589
19th May 2011, 21:17
not upset at all

just dont understand why any one would give stuff away for free that they have paid for!
unless of course they arnt paying for it and some one else is, so in fact they are not being left out of pocket.

as i have said the amount i make from bolts n this forum is minimal so aint fussed either way if i sell them or you give them away.

but you shouldn't be making anything on stuff you sell without being a trader.

Theres no reason, if people buy goods from you and pay for p&p why it shouldn't take more then 2-3 days on a normal working week, let alone this time, all you have to do is look at your profile wall to see how many digruntled customers you have with delivery times etc.

swampy
19th May 2011, 21:20

Theres no reason, if people buy goods from you and pay for p&p why it shouldn't take more then 2-3 days on a normal working week, let alone this time, all you have to do is look at your profile wall to see how many digruntled customers you have with delivery times etc.

nice way to dodge my reply!

mandyslover thank you

swampy
19th May 2011, 21:27

nice way to dodge my reply!

yep maybe on times my posting could be a bit quicker, but this isnt my job and so things have to be worked around it, on the whole most people see me as doing them a favour with what i offer, particuly the track boys who want stronger better suspension bolts and the show boys who like shiny bolts for the engine bays, which no main citroen dealer will sell anyway.

alot of the bolts around these cars are becoming obsolete, and alot of them them are ones people want, like damoer bolts and pinch bolts (which they have being supplying set screws and not bolts)

mandyslover thank you

Paul
19th May 2011, 21:42
Maybe the people upset should start using the iTrader function.

Head > Desk.

mlawlan69
19th May 2011, 21:46
Maybe the people upset should start using the iTrader function.

Head > Desk.

very true !

Chr15
19th May 2011, 21:52
also messaged you about a refund or tracking number for a replacement brake line, heard nothing for ages. had to find a standard one for mot and that was over a month ago

quoting yourself ftl

blackie_2k5
19th May 2011, 21:52
think this is blown well out of proportion tbh, agree with points on boths side, but will say one thing, no matter whos is selling they are making profit, and it is worth it, or you wouldnt do it, but as mentiond if its helping members out with stuff at better prices then would otherwise be available then concession should be made

seen swampy picked on many times about trading- yet there are many more ppl trading without the bat of an eyelid........ for example(and if hes a paid up affiliate i do apologise..but i doubt it) there is one or more members selling HID kits which can be bought for around £10 a kit an is knockin them out at £50 plus per kit?

so who is trading and who isnt?

kristel10589
20th May 2011, 00:15
think this is blown well out of proportion tbh, agree with points on boths side, but will say one thing, no matter whos is selling they are making profit, and it is worth it, or you wouldnt do it, but as mentiond if its helping members out with stuff at better prices then would otherwise be available then concession should be made

seen swampy picked on many times about trading- yet there are many more ppl trading without the bat of an eyelid........ for example(and if hes a paid up affiliate i do apologise..but i doubt it) there is one or more members selling HID kits which can be bought for around £10 a kit an is knockin them out at £50 plus per kit?

so who is trading and who isnt?

I agree, the bloke selling HID's should be a trader. Buying stuff for the purpose of selling on for a profit (no matter how much or how little) is trading. At the end of the day a lot of people on here sell stuff not to make a profit but to get something for their junk that's taking up space in their house, at the end of the day, something's better than nothing right? If you are making a profit on everything you sell then you are a trader, regardless of whether you are selling at bargain prices or not.

tally2425
20th May 2011, 06:25
This has got well out of hand, I never ment for this major out burst from everyone :D, Only reason i posted this thread was to get a reply as i did have any other way of getting in touch with you. In my first post i never called him a scammer, i just wanted to get my point across :)

Anyway i will reply back once i get my bolts this morning (i hope) then this thread can be locked

AndySAXO
20th May 2011, 08:42
And I hear you blame royal mail alot of your delivery times.

Funny I use royal mail every day for my job and never fail with my stuff.

Think you just forget to send them, and use that to hide behind IMO.

As the two times you said that to me, the date stamp on the parcels which is the date they receive it was the date before.

And the fact you live 5 mins from me you still Basiclly refused to sorted it, happily bring the two parts to show to prove that they are both wrong.

As still very upset in the way I had to chase around forums to get an answer out of you and wait two weeks for wrong parts.

Glad there people like Andy ( datashift) on here offer a much better customer serivce and always willing to help.

tally2425
20th May 2011, 09:04
Only thing that was bugging me was that i would see him online and post in a thread so i would try PM him and no reply ha, Still no post yet hope they come!

swampy
20th May 2011, 09:12
They will be there.
White envlope withtbrown tape on.

Simo
20th May 2011, 11:43
To confirm some points regarding Saxperience Affiliates...

- The cost is not £300.
- The minimum term is not 12 months.
- You dont get accepted as a Saxperience Affiliate just because you want to sell kit/services via the community.
- Only about 10% of the companies who apply to become a Saxperience affiliate are actually accepted into the scheme.

Simo

swampy
20th May 2011, 11:49
Can only go on the information i was supplied at the time, by i think it was mark??.

VTHall
20th May 2011, 11:49
very true !

do you ever have an opinion for yourself or do you just agree with people all the time?

tally2425
20th May 2011, 12:37
Bolts have come :)

/thread

nufcsteve
20th May 2011, 12:49
This was a good read. Rather funny. I give it 7/10

mlawlan69
20th May 2011, 12:51
do you ever have an opinion for yourself or do you just agree with people all the time?

im very opinionated actually, maybe too much sometimes.

don't get your knickers in a twist...

the lad's waited and been ignored for ages, it's not just about the money he payed for the nut, like i said already, he might have been without his car for days/weeks whilst waiting for the bolts, it's more the inconvenience i think in this lads case

/opinion.

KamRacing
20th May 2011, 12:57

- The cost is not £300.
- The minimum term is not 12 months.
- You dont get accepted as a Saxperience Affiliate just because you want to sell kit/services via the community.
- Only about 10% of the companies who apply to become a Saxperience affiliate are actually accepted into the scheme.

Simo

Can only go on the information i was supplied at the time, by i think it was mark??.

Its worth the cost! I recommend it :D

atspeedracing
20th May 2011, 17:55
Its worth the cost! I recommend it :D

seconded!!! forum advertising is the BEST form of advertising we have! costs are minimal if you compare it to say a magazine ad, which may cost the same per month for a 1/4 page ad!

definately recommend forum advertising, only works if you are an active poster and take time to comment on forum topics, pms etc.. "forum presense" as it were.

- colin

-shuggles-
20th May 2011, 18:34
I am about to order some brake lines from him and as far as the pm'ing goes he has pm'd me first asking about the kit I want, when I am ordering ect and seems to be on the ball when it comes to reply's too me :y:

Chr15
20th May 2011, 18:39
same with me but couldn't get me a tracking number after parts hadnt arrived ;)

evans1089
20th May 2011, 18:55

Simo

Certainly know that one..

J222JRA
20th May 2011, 19:12
The OP got his parts.....

END/