PDA

View Full Version : Photography for begginers?

saxodan
23rd June 2006, 23:37
Hey,

Does anyone know of any good websites for begginers to photogtaphy and also a good camera comparison/explanation websites as im looking to get into photography and hopefully get myself a nice camera!

Thanks and any help or advice is appreciated

Dan

DaveG
24th June 2006, 00:07
Wikipedia has it all mate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography) <-- Click that

:)

Prepare to be confused!

Jungle_Jim
24th June 2006, 10:58
if your after camera reviews have a look on www.dpreview.com i found it very useful :)

saxodan
24th June 2006, 21:04

Can anyone recommend a good digital on for about £150-200 ??

Im looking for good quality and a good allrounder to get me started that i can do pretty much everything i need to as i progress??

Thanks again
Dan

DaveG
24th June 2006, 23:57
for about 200 quid you can get a Fuji Finepix 5600 if anyone has them left as they are discontinued.

these are great for still shots and have got loads of control over settings etc, they also look like a dSLR and have much better zoom than smaller compact cameras, I have seen some shots with these cams and they are very sharp and detailed. the only downsinde is "shutter lag" - you press the shutter and 2 seconds later it takes the shot (it might not be that bad)! which is fine for people and stationery objetcs but forget it for anything moving mate.

DaveG
24th June 2006, 23:59
try these guys (www.warehouseexpress.com)

saxodan
25th June 2006, 01:02
Thanks dave sound advice, unfortuanlty i was looking for something that could do a bit of everything so 2 seconds is not very good, my phone camera is better i think!

Nice website anyway and thanks again!

DaveG
25th June 2006, 09:35
my phone camera is better i think!

hahaha!!!11 I don't think it's as bad as 2 seconds

The thing with cheaper cameras is they don't have what Canon call 'AI Servo'. Basically if you are tracking a moving object (car, bike, person, bird, dog, cock...whatever, anything moving) then the camera continually adjusts the focus. To get this feature you're looking at a dSLR.

But that's not to say that reasonable results can't be had with something like the Fuji, but it takes patience and practice