PDA

View Full Version : Still running 19mm torsion bars?

Dave_P
22nd June 2011, 10:40
I've just swapped from 23mm bars/billy grp n dampers to std 19mm bars/dampers as i'm selling the Saxo and i cant believe the lack of traction it now has. :n:

So if any of you track monkeys are still using 19mm bars your missing out.

My 23mm bars are sold in case anyone asks. ;)

jpsaxo
22nd June 2011, 11:48
I agree, love my 22mm bars so would recommend bigger bars to anyone

AndySAXO
22nd June 2011, 11:50
Indeed my 19 mm bars even with Ast rear dampers was poor... Swap to 22mm bars and it totally change the whole car.

AlexB
22nd June 2011, 11:59
That last sentance upset me

Only reason ive not bought springs for my coilovers is cause i dont have bars yet

Fulch
22nd June 2011, 14:04
Where do you get them from?

Dave_P
22nd June 2011, 15:43
Check out the group buy section or start another one.

mark1311
22nd June 2011, 19:05
got a set of brand new 21mm bars...

Fulch
22nd June 2011, 19:13
You are talking about the thinner 2 bars not the actual torsion bar right?

mark1311
22nd June 2011, 19:16
eh? the thinner two bars are the torsion bars dude

Mochachino
22nd June 2011, 19:59

The single torsion bar that goes through the actual beam is the ARB.

Davo106
22nd June 2011, 20:10
Love for my 23s.

JoshB
22nd June 2011, 20:20

This made me Lol alot!!!

Fulch
23rd June 2011, 08:58
I was told the other thing (2 thinner bars plus the big one) was the torsion bar :s sorry lol

AndySAXO
23rd June 2011, 10:03
This made me Lol alot!!!

Bit harsh that dude, why do people on hear put people down straight away.... Bet there stuff you dnt know and others do wouldn't like them taking the piss?

That the problem with Saxp now, the reasons Saxp going down hill, too many people who think they know it all, and take the piss if someone doesn't know it.

Not everyone know how the rear beam works.

Mochachino
23rd June 2011, 10:11
I was told the other thing (2 thinner bars plus the big one) was the torsion bar :s sorry lol

That sounds morelike the whole beam lol.

bars x 2 = torsion bars (and you can see these fromlooking from under the car)
bar x 1 = ARB and thats inside the beam itself

Morgan_VTR
25th June 2011, 00:12
Tempted. Any severe adverse effects on road use? *oh shiiii track sub forum* Only my car would still be a 'daily'. What would be the largest size before having to increase the ARB size? (Standard mk2 R)

JoshB
25th June 2011, 06:41
Bit harsh that dude, why do people on hear put people down straight away.... Bet there stuff you dnt know and others do wouldn't like them taking the piss?

That the problem with Saxp now, the reasons Saxp going down hill, too many people who think they know it all, and take the piss if someone doesn't know it.

Not everyone know how the rear beam works.

Alright, alright, I'm sorry, dont get the noose out just yet...

The reason it made me laugh so much is because I know at least another 5 people who thought the exact same thing, who were apparently "experts"!

I was talking to one lad about 4 years ago about lowering the rear of a saxo, "yeerrrr, i've done about 3 now, its a piece of cake", then he mentioned "removing the big torsion bar out the middle".

axsaxoman
25th June 2011, 07:48
Tempted. Any severe adverse effects on road use? *oh shiiii track sub forum* Only my car would still be a 'daily'. What would be the largest size before having to increase the ARB size? (Standard mk2 R)
If the car is for road use ,then the first thing to change is the ARB and NOT the torsion bars ,as you would still want the car to ride the potholes ,but increase its grip in the corners ,which is what an ARB does .
changing torson bars will stiffen it up all the time ,and they are more expensive .
even then the size of bars required will very much depend on what you do to the front springs ,dampers and ride height and WEIGHT of car (lighten the car and maybe std bars are all thats needed,unless its more tack than road).
but first move should always be the ARB for a road /track car + get front to rear ride heightoffset correct

Dave_P
25th June 2011, 23:34
To be fair the 19mm o/e torsion bars a woefully soft...

Jungle
27th June 2011, 10:06
hmmm what size torsion bars would people recomend with the AST coilovers?

axsaxoman
27th June 2011, 10:29
that depends on what rate of springs you are using on them and weight of car and usage of vehicle + your driving style ,ride height etc -- thats why i say always start with uprated rear ATB --its cheaper and then you can give some feed back after driving it to the supplier of the uprated bars +maybe then they can suggest the right size