PDA

View Full Version : Stage rallying, where, when how much?

mark1311
8th July 2011, 11:08
Basically,
-Names of events?
-locations of events?
-entry fee?
-dates?
- any other useful info like websites, personal experience with them, etc.

Harv
8th July 2011, 11:14
Forest or rough tarmac like Colin does?

mark1311
8th July 2011, 11:20
I will be doing rough Tarmac like Colin but the more info people up load the better

Harv
8th July 2011, 11:32
Best bet for that sort of stuff is to join your local motorsport club. They'll give you all the info you need in your area :y:

Colin
8th July 2011, 13:12
First of all, get joined up to your local club as Harv has said, I guess Sheffield and Hallam are your local one? (im entered in their event end of Aug)

Most single venues are on airfields. Some rallies are abit boring and just have straights and 90 lefts. But still enjoyable!

Venues such as Down Ampney, Caerwent, Keevil, RAF Marham etc are fantastic for single venues.

Entrys range from 180 to 250 for single venues depending on the mileage and the clubs costs etc. Once you got an established car and good grounding on yourself, you may want to venture into Multi venues.

I am in the CMSG championship which has some excellent rallies, also the Heart of England championship is very good and sponsored by a friend of mine.

Date wise, they happen all the time over the year. I have been struggling to find venues close to me as most are very far away.

This is a good site for events: http://www.ianhardy.net/british_rally_calendar.php

You got my number mark so ring anytime for advise! Get that car built properlely, make it bullit-proof, spend shit loads of money on tyres, suspension and decent brakes and get out there y0!