PDA

View Full Version : s1/s2 rally gear box

saxodaffy
8th July 2006, 13:52
ive got my saxo vts booked in to have a tb convertion and was just wondering if i was to have a s1 or s2 rally box put in is it going to be quick over the quater.

Craig
8th July 2006, 13:55
yeh this is def the box to go for for acceleration ive heard storys of vts with this gearbox running in early 7.0s to 60

c8james
8th July 2006, 14:39
Where have you booked, and what tbs are you going to use. Are you getting bigger injector and a remap or stand alone ecu?

Scott
8th July 2006, 14:45
s1 is the shorter box, in theory quicker

saxodaffy
8th July 2006, 15:08
im getting it done at hi flow head yea getting bigger injectors,stand alone and a basic map then getting a live map at motorsport development. its one of there own thats a little cheaper that the jenveys

c8james
8th July 2006, 15:45
Cool, good man. I bought a set off ebay but now dont like the so I am going for a set of direct to head with kms ecu. Keep us upto date with how it goes.

saxodaffy
8th July 2006, 16:41
cheers bud. what is the difference between the dth ones and is there any bhp to be gained and are the price similar

c8james
8th July 2006, 20:42
They are just smaller, as you know there is not alot of room on a vts. By fitting these I can make my life better for running a cold air feed. No performance advantage.

Ryan
22nd July 2006, 14:13
s1 gearbox is not shorter its the common misconception.

the ratios of all pug/cit boxes are the same, xsi,vts,gti,s1,s2 rallyes etc...

its only the final drive which is different due to the crown wheel and pinion shaft. so you could just look around for a final drive and use your vts internals if they are in good nick, also means when rebuilding you can whack an atb in :D

also dth allow a slightly longer inlect track and so theoretically a wider power band and more midrange :P

or just use a set of gmc 180 trumpets :D:D