PDA

View Full Version : Torsion Bar lowering

Willvtr
1st September 2011, 00:03
is this safe to do yourself? heard alot of bad stories about people messing up the thread etc.. so am just in two minds really...

tomsmarty
1st September 2011, 08:12
If your in two minds then get someone else to do it. Garage near me is doing my tortion bar and springs fitted for £80. Worth getting someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

VillicusVTR
1st September 2011, 09:52
unless you have the right toolage, dont bother, believe me, they can be a right fucker.

g12ffo
10th October 2011, 20:28
If your in two minds then get someone else to do it. Garage near me is doing my tortion bar and springs fitted for £80. Worth getting someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

weres that to tom ?????

Ben_SaxoForte
10th October 2011, 21:08
they can be a bit of a bugger to do, if you're handy with the spanners have a go but if your not so great pay someone as it can turn into a nightmare if you don't know what ur doing:y:

jonnyquiksilver
12th October 2011, 20:16
The one thing I'm handy with haha, give it a blast yourself but once you see that one bar is coming out move to the next before fully removing and lowering it, nothing worse than finishing one side and the other side spitting it's dummie out, also I make a pulled rather than braying them out. Less axle hammering abuse haha m8x12mm bolt with a nut and washerS, and a shallow 22mm socket :)

jonnyquiksilver
12th October 2011, 20:17
120mm sorry not 12 ha