PDA

View Full Version : OMP Strut Braces

S34MER
11th July 2006, 06:40
has anyone got an OMP strut on their saxo preferably a VTR, but not bothered just wondered how good they are!!

RcH
11th July 2006, 08:20
mattwesty has one on his i think. think theres a guy on ebay that sells them for 65 quid for both upper and lower braces.

Yates
11th July 2006, 14:35
imo if you want one for handling go for the lower strut brace, but if you have a manifold i think you will have to get the omp one as others catch on it

but if your going for looks then go for the upper

rushy_23
11th July 2006, 14:41
Ive got a Sparco upper strut brace and tbh cant really tell much, just looks nice.
From what i have heard the lower ones are the best to go for handling wise

stevenet15
11th July 2006, 15:26
dont the lower ones bottom out tho? on lowered models

riggsy
11th July 2006, 15:56
i have omp upper and lower on my vtr

well the lower isnt on yet lol havent got round to fitting

but yeh the upper is mostly for looks, but i have noticed abit of difference feels stronger!

landy
11th July 2006, 20:52
upper are for show
lower improves handling
imo

Ax_beefy
11th July 2006, 21:18
I have the upper type:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/mark_fern/My%20car%20at%20Combe%202006/SV101566.jpg
(gratuitous picture link alert! lol)

If it tightened properly (which is what most forget) it reduces the amount of flex in the inner wings, as you corner the wing will actually lift higher than the other and pull outwards.... this is bad and leads to understeer... the brace removes this movement in the upper chassis and allows the struts to stay central to the load upon them, the lower brace stops the wishbones being force apart by the pressure and enables a larger pressure to be applied to active parts of the tyre, thus creating more traction, countering the understeer, I noticed no difference with the brace on at first then I wound it in a bit and tried an island, tight as fook!

SteVTR
11th July 2006, 22:39
nice one beefy will have to remember that when mine finally gets delivered

S34MER
12th July 2006, 08:13
So, Call me what you will but I wasn't even aware of the fact that you could get a lower strut brace! can anyone tell me where I can get one of these from, and where they fit to and how they fit, pics would be great! cheers guys!!

Just fitted my UPPER:geek: strut brace!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/S34MER/Underbonnet.jpg