PDA

View Full Version : Best food for putting on weight

azzy
21st July 2006, 22:07
I want to know what the best foods are?

Im just over 8 stone & it bugs the hell out of me cause i really struggle to put weight on.

My eating patterns are all over the place due to the hours i work & cant have set times.

& is there any home exercises to help me gain weight.

Many thanks Chris

beastgtir
21st July 2006, 22:23
bananas are good!

Mitchell
21st July 2006, 23:33
takeaways for the win

Barry123
21st July 2006, 23:36
yup, Mcrags should help you become a blubber-monster in no time at all.

Yates
22nd July 2006, 00:23
Eat loadsa pasta n potatoes n bread, think all the carbohydrates will help you put weight on

azzy
22nd July 2006, 09:50
Cheers guys.

hesslevtr
22nd July 2006, 09:54
have some of my weight if you want

azzy
22nd July 2006, 10:03
have some of my weight if you want

Lol. Id take anyones weight.:)

Hate being like i am

Leo
22nd July 2006, 14:26
Put the right weight on mate.. as yatest said lots of pasta n potatoes n bread, also complex carbs such as brown rice. Eat lots of lean meat (chicken breast/tuna/steaks) etc etc, bannanas is a good one also as someone said.. eat lots of nuts.. cashews/peanuts etc.. oh and raisins

Ryan
22nd July 2006, 18:11
no no no! carbs will only give you fat if you do not train to burn off the carbs you are loading. u will need to look more into your diet and have a training routine based on it..

meat will be the key (protein) if you are trying to increase in muscle mass, as this is what the body uses to break down and repair muscles.

jaybiss
22nd July 2006, 23:57
agreed with the runner :P

protein and the gym mate!

join a gym and some gyms set you a routine that suits you

WestyVTR
23rd July 2006, 08:16
ok easy enough, what you need to do is firstly look at your bodys compisition! fat % in relation to lean body mass % ( muscle, bone, organs)

if you have a low body fat % this is usually around 12 % or below then a higher calorie diet is needed along with a revised eating plan. this would usually mean you are to eat 3 meals a day standard! and smaller portions between them, cutting out the crap & not over loading on any set types of food ie bread, potatoes, meats etc etc. think ouside the box - smoothies, soups, nuts, seeds pulses!! I know its not easy to eat often but it is a must!! work is no excuse, dont pass the blame to your employer they want you in good shape, if your not fit & heathy would your employer still want you working there!?? didnt think so, so your health comes first in my book!

next after looking at your diet you need to look at working out, you dont need a gym or facilities... body weight exercises can be performed easily enough... its important that to understand that these 2 things go hand in hand exercise & diet! you need to look at both....

if you want further advise use the lil PM button LOL

hope this helps

;)