PDA

View Full Version : Put on weight?

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:30
Right here goes, im about 6 foot and i just weighed myself and found out im 9 stone 5 pounds. And im 17 so i dont know what the average weight is but im a skinny git lol

Is there anyway for me to bulk up!? I dont mean get muscley lol just put on some weight and not be so skinny?

I eat like a horse as it is but it doesent help..

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dan

beastgtir
26th July 2006, 12:33
yes mate - eat loads of banana's and avoid the al-bran. you must have a fast metobolism..

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:35
yes mate - eat loads of banana's and avoid the al-bran. you must have a fast metobolism..

Ok will try and eat a couple of bannanas everyday see if it does any good. Why do you say bannanas do they take longer to break down or something?

Mitchell
26th July 2006, 12:36
what kinda stuff do u eat?

beastgtir
26th July 2006, 12:39
yeh they are low in protein so you wont visit the toilet as much.

eat loads of rice - fruit - chicken

try to avoid exercises like rowing/stepping.

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:39
what kinda stuff do u eat?

Erm not unhealthy really, at work its prob- Packet of sandwitches, crisps, choc bar, and little snacky things.

Home, microwave meals, chips, pies, pizzas sunday dinner anythign really!

I allways snack on cheese snadwiches too

On the plus side i drink loads of water about 3 bottles at work/college and a few pints of it when im home!

What should i be eating more of?

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:40
yeh they are low in protein so you wont visit the toilet as much.

eat loads of rice - fruit - chicken

try to avoid exercises like rowing/stepping.

I eat hardly any fruit so i will eat more i suppose! I dont excersise lol only walking and playing footy with my mates, stopped riding my bike when i got the car..

Chicken veg and rice it is then!

Karl
26th July 2006, 12:42
9 1/2 stone for 6 foot...
your momma been feeding you bread and water for the last 17yrs buddy!!?

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:43
9 1/2 stone for 6 foot...
your momma been feeding you bread and water for the last 17yrs buddy!!?

Haha i make my own meals tbh! I dont get it.. i eat tons and still dont put on weight!

Baz
26th July 2006, 12:43
Right here goes, im about 6 foot and i just weighed myself and found out im 9 stone 5 pounds. And im 17 so i dont know what the average weight is but im a skinny git lol

Is there anyway for me to bulk up!? I dont mean get muscley lol just put on some weight and not be so skinny?

I eat like a horse as it is but it doesent help..

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dan

bloody hell you weigh less than me im 5ft7ish and 10stone and my mums tells me im too skinny!

Karl
26th July 2006, 12:44
im 6ft and weigh like....11 1/2 and i look skinny/right x

gelo
26th July 2006, 12:47
same as me m8 im just about 6 foot and before chemotherapy i was 10 and a bit stone. But i was very toned from gym work, but now after the chemo i weigh 9 and a half stone, my appetite is very poor (from constant medication) and to make it worse that 'toned muscle' is now pretty much halved. annoying.

beastgtir
26th July 2006, 12:48
stop bashing off so much aswell mate... (saxodan) lol

Baz
26th July 2006, 12:48
http://www.herbalicious.com/how.html

it says i should be 10.5st and im like 10.1st so ill stay as i am i think :P

for 6ft1 it says you should be 13st....

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:49
stop bashing off so much aswell mate... (saxodan) lol
lol :oops:

saunders
26th July 2006, 12:49
i cant laugh im 5 8" n weight about 8 10!! :)

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:51
A list of foods or something for me to eat would be cool if anyone is into the whole health and fitness thing?

Baz
26th July 2006, 12:52
http://www.fitsense.co.uk/fit_article.php?id=17

this is better though to work it out, my BMI is 22 :) yours is 18...

saxodan
26th July 2006, 12:53
http://www.fitsense.co.uk/fit_article.php?id=17

this is better though to work it out, my BMI is 22 :) yours is 18...

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

DOH!

willsy
26th July 2006, 12:54
Im almost 6ft and weighed just over 10 stone a few months ago. wanted to put on weight so ive eaten loads of bananas, chicken,bacon and sweetcorn sandwiches on brown bread and tuna, been to the gym and done some weights exercises and im now 11 stone. feel much better.

Lee_P
26th July 2006, 13:59
just a quick post befroe i go work, im underweight according to that bmi thingy,im just above 6ft and im exact 11st, i never put any weight on and when i have been gym in the past many times ijust cant bulk up at all!!!!

deek06
26th July 2006, 18:01
im 22 about 6foot and im a perfect 9stone its all to do with your metabolism people and it pisses me off to but to worry as brad pitt says in fight club "skinny guys fight till there burger"

Barry123
26th July 2006, 18:06
A list of foods or something for me to eat would be cool if anyone is into the whole health and fitness thing?

eat cake.

deek06
26th July 2006, 18:07
thers not much idont eat

saxodan
27th July 2006, 08:24
eat cake.

Lol nice advice :bored:

jclaydon
27th July 2006, 08:42
lol, all sounds so farmilliar.

Im 17, 6ft 2. I way 11st 6. I've been working on my daily diet and trying to get a nice balance, i know ive get a sky high metabolism too and i eat for england.
I used to swim weekly until a few years ago, and i use the gym doing circuits etc weekly, my weight doesn't waver at all. It's always consistent, i'd like yo bulk up a little so the gym work pays off, i think theres a large degree of patience in it mate.

saxodan
27th July 2006, 08:47
lol, all sounds so farmilliar.

Im 17, 6ft 2. I way 11st 6. I've been working on my daily diet and trying to get a nice balance, i know ive get a sky high metabolism too and i eat for england.
I used to swim weekly until a few years ago, and i use the gym doing circuits etc weekly, my weight doesn't waver at all. It's always consistent, i'd like yo bulk up a little so the gym work pays off, i think theres a large degree of patience in it mate.

Thinking of going to the gym with my mate.. se if that helps, if not im having a cakefest like adsayer lol

deek06
27th July 2006, 11:44
do the supersize me thingy see if that works

Mrk1
27th July 2006, 13:41
Same prob here, i am 6ft or possibly just over and weigh 10 stone. I have been told many different things to gain body mass, regular meals, foods like chicken & rice e.t.c but either way i seem to eat loads and gain nothing. Its the fast metabolism it burns up all the fat using very little energy. I would take some advice from here and use the gym to bulk up as this will build up muscle that should stay there providing you exercise regularly.

WestyVTR
27th July 2006, 13:46
look at the BMI figures for a 6ft marathon runner, say 10stone approx & a 6ft rugby palyer, 16 stone approx.... do the math!! dont use BMI. height & weight charts are 100's of years out of date!! im not going to tel the rugby player he is fat.... its your funeral....

TJ_VTR
28th July 2006, 23:17
Hi mate,
I'm just over 6ft and weight about 11 an a half stone. i've put on about 6 pound in just over a week by eating properley. eat plenty of protein (chicken, fish, egg whites etc) and keep your carbs (rice, bread, pasta, potato's etc) topped up too! but try not to eat carbs to late at night like after 8pm because as your body relaxes and calms down it will store it as fat. Try exercising aswell. i go to the gym at least 3 times a week and do free weights. The way to bulk up and build muscle is to lift heavier weights and do less reps. to tone yourself do more reps of a lower weight. Go to your local gym and ask them what you should eat to bulk up. Alot of them will know as alot of them are trained in nutrition aswell. I've only just started so don't count on everythin that i've said as 100% accurate. good luck.

Hannah
28th July 2006, 23:19
drink bulk up! lol taste like shit but certainly builds u up!! lol x

VTaaRon
28th July 2006, 23:30
im 23 6ft2 and weigh just about 10st but i can go to bed weighing 10.3 and wake up 9.8!! i lose weight in my sleep! ive tried all sorts i used to do loads of extreme sports and agressive skating so have a very high matabolism but hey it will tire eventually when i get a good lady to look after me and feed me good!! haha oh i dont drink at all not a drop or smoke or do drugs so im fairly healthy well healty enough to get me through tomorrow!

MaKaVeLi
29th August 2006, 20:31
wtf no, he needs to bulk. Try take in about 3000 calories a day cos your an ectomorph (the skinny body type) and eat around 7 meals a day every 2-3 hours and keep the fatty food out of your diet.

Try this for a few month:-

• Meal 1- 1 cup oatmeal, 2 scoops protein, 6 egg whites, yoghurt
• Meal 2- 200g tuna with 2 cups of veggies
• Meal 3- 200g chicken breast, 1 handful broccoli, 1 handful cauliflower
• Meal 4 (Pre-workout)- 2 scoops protein, 1 glass apple juice
• Meal 5 (Post-workout) - 2 scoops protein, 1 glass apple juice
• Meal 6- 200g chicken breast, 2 cups of veggies
• Meal 7- 2 scoops protein

Might seem a lot but if you train hard you will be happy with the results.:thumbup:

I'm 5 foot 9, 13 and a half stone with 12% bodyfat btw :)

saxodan
29th August 2006, 20:34
Im not 9 stone 9 pounds.. thanks to eating as much crap as possible haha

Good advice MaKaVeLi but i wont stick to that lol

Imfromwales
29th August 2006, 20:45
drink the protein drinks people drink for body building. Dont do weights though and im guessing you ould build up fat...

kcsaxo
29th August 2006, 23:16
you wanna bulk up then you need to do some form of heavy weight/low reps training similar to power lifters for size. eating wise its either do or die coz you wont gain size if you dont feed the body after training coz thats when you do the real growing. im a similar body type to you but the heavy weight routine is doing wonders for me.

saxovtrcrazy
20th September 2006, 23:06
its good to drink water but too much makes you loose weight :) ( detox ) drink 4 pints a day max :)

Leo
21st September 2006, 12:26
Lay off the crappy food mate, nearly all the food you listed was pure shit. Crisps, choclate, MICROWAVE MEAL!!!? lol!!!! just eat well and eat lots and drink water (alot of it). Try eating pasta and rice alot and potatos, also have alot of lean meats like fish and chicken breast and steak.

Leo
21st September 2006, 12:27
Oh yeh and i do feel for you because my mate i go gym with is very slim (hes coming along slow though) but he also can eat his head off and just doesnt add any weight.. some people have a real hard time adding the size.. just stick to eating lots of good food m8 it will take time but it will happen