PDA

View Full Version : Polished Bliss vs Copper Cupra (I did dry it off, honestly!)

PolishedBliss
28th July 2006, 10:46
I did this car at the start of April, but never had time to post the results… then forgot about posting them altogether! The car belongs to a member on here, and although it looks completely standard, it’s packing enough upgrades to make it a real dark horse. When it was dropped off, a quick inspection revealed the usual suspects ”“ an army of tar spots and plenty of fine swirls, plus the odd scratch. Here’s a run through of the process…

Wash

Whole car rinsed at moderate pressure using the Karcher
Alloys treated with Meguiars Wheel Brightener cut 4:1, left 60 secs and rinsed with open ended hose
Whole car foamed with Poorboy’s Slick n Suds (4:1 mix in foam gun) and left to dwell for 5 mins
Whole car rinsed at moderate pressure using the Karcher
All trims and inside the arches treated with Meguiars Safe Degreaser cut 10:1
Whole car washed with Blackfire Gloss Shampoo using lambswool (bodywork) and microfibre (wheels and inside arches) mitts, and the two bucket method
Whole car rinsed with an open-ended hose
Whole car dried with waffle weave towels

Clay

Lower panels wiped down with Panel Wipe to remove a heavy build up of tar spots
All paintwork and windows clayed using Meguiars Detailing Clay and Meguiars Quik Detailer
Excess lubricant mopped up with waffle weave towels

Polish

Whole car taped with 3434, then machine polished with PC, using Menzerna Intensive Polish and Lake Country orange light cut pads. One attempt comprising three passes (1st at speed 2 no pressure, 2nd at speed 4 moderate pressure, 3rd at speed 6 maximum pressure) was enough to get everything out, bar some of the scratches, which I returned to with orange spot pads and the same method. I then followed up with Menzerna Final Polish II using Lake Country white polishing pads, as the finish left by the Intensive Polish was good but not perfect. The final polishing step was the application of Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. This product has no cut, and is essentially a really rich, creamy glaze. I noticed a distinct wetting of the paint when it was applied using a Meguiars foam pad, and this helped to make the paint look much richer and glossier. All residues were buffed with Poorboy’s Super Thick n Plush towels.

Protect

All bodywork protected with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, applied using foam pads and buffed using Poorboy's’ Mega Plush towels
Wheels protected with AIO topped with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, both applied with foam pads and buffed with work towels
All exterior trims treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant, applied using a microfibre pad and buffed after 5 mins with waffle weave towels
Exhaust tip polished with Autosol and protected with Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh, both applied using Poorboy’s Work Towels
Tyres dressed with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel

And here’s the pics (sorry no before’s on this one, as I was pushed for time)… possibly the wettest finish I’ve ever achieved?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra3.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra4.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra5.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/polishedbliss/polishedbliss/leon0406/cupra6.jpg

:)

samcook
28th July 2006, 11:18
man the reflection on that is amazing!!

DarylVTR
28th July 2006, 11:28
im phyically scared how clean the cars you do are !! Its like showroom condition!!

YM03
28th July 2006, 13:29
speachless, another top job

tgazvtr
28th July 2006, 13:32
its better than showroom daryl! i have never seen a car leave the show room that clean!

hesslevtr
28th July 2006, 14:41
wow that is stunning

Dan
28th July 2006, 19:06
Great job matey!!!

Danadaman_3
28th July 2006, 19:45
thats quality! another top job pal! :cool:

liamk15
28th July 2006, 21:48
how much did it cost to do that?

James
29th July 2006, 12:59
Thats lovelly... christ

Luke
29th July 2006, 13:24
Excellent job mate.

barrett
29th July 2006, 16:23
looking spot on Rich:Y:

PolishedBliss
31st July 2006, 19:28
how much did it cost to do that?

If I remember correctly it took 8 hours, so £160. :)

Baz
31st July 2006, 19:31
so its a £50 an hour then, im good at maths :P bet your pretty wadded....bet it cost alot for the equipment though. how many cars would you say you do a week?

PolishedBliss
31st July 2006, 19:34
Wadded? Not a chance... you try juggling stock on a popular website whilst paying a mortgage and feeding two kids! £200 for doing a car sounds like a lot, but such jobs often take a day and a half and use up £20+ of materials, so it ain't great pay. Plus, I only have time to one or two cars a week tops. Tomorrow is play time though... got a red Porsche to do! :cool:

YM03
31st July 2006, 19:35
Wadded? Not a chance... you try juggling stock on a popular website whilst paying a mortgage and feeding two kids! £200 for doing a car sounds like a lot, but such jobs often take a day and a half and use up £20+ of materials, so it ain't great pay. Plus, I only have time to one or two cars a week tops. Tomorrow is play time though... got a red Porsche to do! :cool:
will you be posting pics of the porsche

djjoney
31st July 2006, 19:35
that looks amazing :) i wish i could get my car to shine like that

Baz
31st July 2006, 19:36
get pics of the Porsche when you done it! :D very interested to see it. before pics too :P

PolishedBliss
31st July 2006, 19:37
will you be posting pics of the porsche

Yep, I'll try to get some... just hope the weather improves - it's been raining today, and I won't be rolling it out of the garage unless it's dry out. :)

lozi_murias
1st August 2006, 13:21
Bloody hell guys, that's amazing! ...and I thought my car was clean! :O

pure_sax
2nd August 2006, 19:19
mate u wanna come clean my car, wat an amazing job uve done there

PolishedBliss
2nd August 2006, 20:05
Bit too far for me, but I like Magners too. :drink:

liamk15
2nd August 2006, 22:10
so its a £50 an hour then, im good at maths :P bet your pretty wadded....bet it cost alot for the equipment though. how many cars would you say you do a week?

baz u ploker :P if it took 8 hours at £50 an hour it would of been £400 not £160 lol

think you ment £20 an hour

Connor_scotland
3rd August 2006, 06:26
that is out of this world mate

its mad how shiny you make cars

top job