PDA

View Full Version : Which Polishing Cloths?

Colin
28th July 2006, 12:39
Which polishing cloths would everyone recommend?

Ive been looking at the Meguiars Terry Cloths. Are these any good?

Also when I apply polish/wax, and i wipe it off, its quite hard and there is lots of little specs than sort of "run" when you wipe over them. Do I get rid of these with a clay bar?

Thanks for your recommendations in advance!

PolishedBliss
28th July 2006, 13:09
Terry towels are best avoided - terry cotton can cause fine marring. Microfibre towels are the way to go, choose a short nap towel like our Super Thick n Plush Towel for shifting stiff residues, or our Deluxe Mega Towel for shifting more oily residues. You should never need to clay after polishing - what polish are you using to get these problems?

Colin
28th July 2006, 13:12
Thanks for the reply.

Im using Meguiars deep crystal polish and carnauba wax. Using random bits of rag from the garage like old t-shirts etc!

Ive always had these little spots of residue and don't know how to get rid of them.

droopster
28th July 2006, 13:31
You are meant to clay the car first mate to get rid of these marks then wax and polish after. You can buy a polish towel from halfords. The meguiras is generally good stuff.

Colin
28th July 2006, 13:39
Thats what i mean't clay bar it first.

I generally stick to Meguairs stuff because its available everywhere.

PolishedBliss
31st July 2006, 19:23
Thanks for the reply.

Im using Meguiars deep crystal polish and carnauba wax. Using random bits of rag from the garage like old t-shirts etc!

Ive always had these little spots of residue and don't know how to get rid of them.

A decent towel and a quick spritz of a good quick detailing spray will shift stubborn spots of residues. :)