PDA

View Full Version : Eating Before Training/Football

Yates
29th July 2006, 18:54
Right something that i always think about asking but never do

before training is there a certain time when its not good to eat things?

Training im alright about but football does my head in

i have footy at half ten on sundays, sometimes i eat when i get up, its always different times, sometimes i get a stitch or feel full when playing and it effects my game, other times i feel great

whats the reccomended time i have between eating and playing sport?

Ryan
29th July 2006, 19:05
personal preference dude. i generally make sure its atleast 2 hours.
altho on a race day may snack before with pre race food.

some atheltes wont eat all day.

its totally about what you feel you can eat and when before sport. altho 2 hours is the general recommended time.

Yates
29th July 2006, 19:10
fuck that i dont get up til half 9, il be best not eating, what about some jellie babies before match? just get more sugar into me, is that a good thing?

Ryan
29th July 2006, 19:12
it depends on what you can cope with. some toast my be good. (slow release carbs) as you are playing for long period of time.

jelly sweets are an athletes weapon of choice :P

deek06
29th July 2006, 19:14
try two hours and only eat a tiny amount just enough to put something in your stomach

deek06
29th July 2006, 19:15
eat some porridge but not to much ready brek good too

Yates
29th July 2006, 19:18
told you mate only get up an hour before, save all my engery by lying in bed

i prefer joosters but hard to come by these days

does lucozade work or is it all shit?!

Ryan
29th July 2006, 19:20
lucozade does have benifits, altho most of the stuff off the shelf has alot of sweetner in it to make it better for 'public use'

all those kinds of drinks are useful tho.

plain water isnt a good idea

Davekelz
29th July 2006, 20:34
Mars bar any time before works a treat for me.

Not too heavy and lots of sugar, beautiful.

Salmon1
30th July 2006, 09:41
you should actually be doing all you're energy eating the day before.

A marathon runner generally can eat up to 10000 calories the day BEFORE a race, think what would happen if they tried to crm all the energy in the morning before the race.

So for example on a saturday maybe eat something along these lines-

You want to eat lots of high energy, high carb, BUT SLOW RELEASING. (i.e- wholemeal bread, NOT white bread) Aim for non refined foods, and DEFINATELY no processed.

Breakfast- All Bran w/semi skimmed milk. Slice or Two of Wholemeal toast with a banana on top

Lunch- Either brown wholemeal Rice with vegetables and a piece of grilled chicken breast.

Dinner- boiled new potatos, grilled fish, steamed or boiled vegetables.

Supper- 2 slice wholemeal toast with either 2 scrambled egg whites, or a SOFT cottage cheese. (hard chedders are very refined and have next to nothing except high fat, lol.)

Then if you play at 10.30, id eat no later than 8.30am on the Sunday.

Ideally you dont want to be eating anything heavy, so a bowl of cereal etc.. is out.

You should eat 2 Slice of wholemeal toast with either a banana or scrambled egg whites.

Then if you are really hungry come 10am, have a banana.

again the aim is slow releasing energy, the likes of a mars bar etc... are fast releasing and the energy doesnt last long, causing the stitch.

Hope this helps a bit mate.

Yates
30th July 2006, 21:00
managed some skittles at half 9 this morn, had a great match lol

i do usually eat alot on the saturday but just like a bit of sugar in the morn

Daniel_VTR
30th July 2006, 21:00
I used to have a fry up an hour and half before every football game I played, and I mean EVERY Game for about 6 years :P

I'm a pretty big eater though :P