PDA

View Full Version : colour fading

HUTSON
30th July 2006, 10:58
Hey guys, i have a "mercury grey" mk1 saxo and ive noticed that the drivers side rear quarter panel has faded, i can tell this because its a different shade than the boot, ive tried T-CUT and no luck i cant seem to get the panel to its former glory, has anyone got and ideas on which product is the best to use to restore colour? cost isnt a problem, help is much appreciated thanks :thumbup:

rushy_23
30th July 2006, 11:00
Only thing i can think of is park the driver side rear quarter panel in the shade and keep the rest in the sun.
Hopefully will all go faded and will look ok....

LOL, nah being serious not to sure tbh but sure somebody will have a solution!

YM03
30th July 2006, 11:03
have you had the car from new? or have you had boot smoothed, painted?

HUTSON
30th July 2006, 11:07
im the second owner, as far as im aware the whole car has not been resprayed on any section, just wondering of there is any specific cleaning product for my problem?

YM03
30th July 2006, 11:11
normaly just use meg's 3 step restorer, but metalic cars don't normaly fade that bad ie to see a diff colour from boot to pannel is normaly a sign it's had some sort of respray/dammage repair

also try reading thro polished bliss sticky thread at top of page, or try there web site as they have loads of info there

PolishedBliss
31st July 2006, 19:45
Hmm, fading is usually caused by oxidation, and T-Cut, whilst being a poor product in my opinion, should have fixed it, as it removes the surface layer of paint affected by oxidation. The fact that this did nothing on your car is a bit worrying, as it indicates that the problem lies within the paint system, and may be indicative of a problem in the pigment layer... which can only be fixed by respraying. Can you get some pics of the panel posted? I have a number of products that will shift serious oxidation, but it would be good to see the problem first. Can you confirm exactly what version of T-Cut you were using too please? :)