PDA

View Full Version : Q-Drive Driveshafts

Tc24
2nd June 2012, 17:51
As above... Looking to replace my shot one with one of these. Has anyone used them, and if so, were they any good?

levyyyy
2nd June 2012, 17:55
friend had one on his 106 and it went in a couple of months again

Mr_P
2nd June 2012, 18:08
Aren't they just refurbished standard parts? Or am I mistaken?

Sure my replacement shafts were q-drive. Was a long time ago though. But they lasted.

Saxotim
2nd June 2012, 18:08
I always used J&R driveshafts, cheap and never failed on me.

http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/driveshafts-5/?sort=alphaasc&page=6

levyyyy
2nd June 2012, 18:42
yeahh im in need for driveshafts tbh but havent got the funds :( but j and r seem to be who ill buy off when i do find the money lol

0110craig
2nd June 2012, 18:53
J&r driveshafts from eBay. Been on mine for 6k with no problems!

jeffchiz
2nd June 2012, 19:15
Aren't they just refurbished standard parts? Or am I mistaken?

Sure my replacement shafts were q-drive. Was a long time ago though. But they lasted.

arent the majority of drive shafts refurbed old ones? (oem quality ones)

every shaft ive had has been a new one but refurbed

Mr_P
2nd June 2012, 20:29
arent the majority of drive shafts refurbed old ones? (oem quality ones)

every shaft ive had has been a new one but refurbed

Apart from the uprated shafts that are available. But I can't remember the name of them: lol. Sure they had F1 or something in there somewhere though.

SnakeVTR
2nd June 2012, 22:47
Q-drive are wank IMO, I have fitted one of these on the o/s of my vtr and the intermediate bearing shot its grease and the bearing was noisey after only 5 months, also fitted a q-drive droplink and the rubbers split and the link had play in after only 8 months, you get what you pay for, as its nearly half the price of firstline most of the time :afro:

Ben_SaxoForte
2nd June 2012, 23:29
I've got q-drive wishbones.. i know they aren't driveshafts but the quality of them is pretty good imo so would imagine the shafts to be ok

SnakeVTR
2nd June 2012, 23:50
I've got q-drive wishbones.. i know they aren't driveshafts but the quality of them is pretty good imo so would imagine the shafts to be ok

lol they must put better effort into making the wishbones/ bushes then, we dont use them at work as they are notorious for crap quality, i-e car failing next mot and customer complaining that the part was only fitted last year so we stopped using them, whereas firstline will be fine for 2-3 years :fcuk:

Tc24
4th June 2012, 10:43
Think I'll be avoiding Q-Drive and going for a J&R one... Cheers people :)

ashleyoneill
12th June 2012, 23:59
GKN shafts.

Buy them on eBay for about £10 second hand. I find them the best and i believe they may even be the OEM ones that PSA used. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

e8_pqck
13th June 2012, 00:06
Garry.M on ralle Reg sells uprated ones as per rally spec.