PDA

View Full Version : such a shame really

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 19:05
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423077

well after a "gentlemans agreement" was made between ourselves and Wassy with regard to him paying his bill, agreement being that he paid a 3rd one month ago and the remainder by the end of May, its now the 3rd and theres been no sign of payment or contact, in fact i'm quite worried he's had an accident as he seems unable to answer his phone,texts or pm's....

Dom
3rd June 2012, 19:08
Ah well, sometimes it's like getting blood out of a stone. Hang in there, I'm sure this thread will give him a reminder

wadoryu
3rd June 2012, 19:09
Small claims.....

MiniGibbo
3rd June 2012, 19:14
Does seem a little petty to do it over the forum dude. I understand why you're doing it but it's not very professional.

Should of took it to small claims with in the first three months.

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 19:21
i know gibbo, but i counted him as a mate, not the type of bloke to go falling out with folk over money. Lesson learnt hey ho!

VTR_Bass87
3rd June 2012, 19:47
Why on earth you allowed that car to leave premises without payment is untrue, regardless who it is you don't do it. And if he owe's you money go fucking get it off him, no body else will.

blackie_2k5
3rd June 2012, 19:48
It may not be the best thing to do morally, but in reality it is the best thing to do, as if he has any conscience and actually gives a toss what ppl think

He would sort it out, if not then maybe he's not what ppl actually though he was in the first place

Hard situation to be in really

D--R--E--W
3rd June 2012, 19:51
Wassy makes a good bit being a tattoo artist, he has the money there easily lol Just prob doesnt like being humiliated on car forums so thought fuck it

tweeqd
3rd June 2012, 20:00
if it was me the car wouldnt of left but as it has, id go to his house with a trailer and a few mates and take the car back simples

jones91
3rd June 2012, 20:00
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423077

well after a "gentlemans agreement" was made between ourselves and Wassy with regard to him paying his bill, agreement being that he paid a 3rd one month ago and the remainder by the end of May, its now the 3rd and theres been no sign of payment or contact, in fact i'm quite worried he's had an accident as he seems unable to answer his phone,texts or pm's....
ah what a shit situation to be in

which ever way you go about getting your money back, i really hope you get the lot back, i fucking hate it when people expect to get something for nothing for no reason, and when people try and take other people for mugs

personally i would be knocking on his front door right now if i was in your situation

jones91
3rd June 2012, 20:01
Wassy makes a good bit being a tattoo artist, he has the money there easily lol Just prob doesnt like being humiliated on car forums so thought fuck it
if he paid up in the first place he wouldnt be humiliated on a car forum

Prickle
3rd June 2012, 20:06
For the updates hes done on the saxo, im suprised paying you back would be nothing but a breeze...

#sprintsoff

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 20:10

simple way to prevent humiliation surely, is to pay up lol. he's had long enough,patience is wearing very thin, especially as he keeps posting up what mods he's doing, wonder if they are all paid for?

McGuire86
3rd June 2012, 20:10
For the updates hes done on the saxo, im suprised paying you back would be nothing but a breeze...

#sprintsoff

Exactly, paying out for their own pleasure instead of paying debts, especially to a friend. People need to sort their fucking priorities out.

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 20:11
if it was me the car wouldnt of left but as it has, id go to his house with a trailer and a few mates and take the car back simples

humour i'm in at having the piss taken to this extent, it'll be a hiab,not a trailer

stevo67
3rd June 2012, 20:23
Maybe his kid is sick again,but thats no excuse for not settling up only creates bad feeling.

AnthonyMartin
3rd June 2012, 22:24
FFS Wassy sort this shit out and pay up.

If you was not happy with the job that was being done then you SHOULD NOT have kept going back to him to get more jobs done. You DO NOT go to someone who does a shit job (no offence mandyslover - I'm sure your work was too a good standard)

If you was not happy granted maybe you should get some money off the job, but you should pay at least for ALL parts and at least 60% of the labour...

It's not like you dont have enough money to pay, just one look at your car shows you have enough money to spend on the car.

Wassy saxP members look up too your car, don't let this ruin things for how people think about you... Pay up and get it sorted mate

Bedford126
3rd June 2012, 22:37
Starting to get comical this. Really petty on a public forum as well as no way to run a business.

You do realise that if you do decide to take this to small claims court these threads you are making can be taken as slander and you could actually end up paying Wassy money in damages to his name and reputation?

Have you not even looked into this before you started posting?

baker556
3rd June 2012, 22:46
Starting to get comical this. Really petty on a public forum as well as no way to run a business.

You do realise that if you do decide to take this to small claims court these threads you are making can be taken as slander and you could actually end up paying Wassy money in damages to his name and reputation?

If your owed money alot of money your going to do whatever you can to get it back if your not getting a response by any other means, i don't see the problem here, i really don't think a court would account for a thread on a saxo forum :homme:

I would be making a thread if someone owed me money on here and was not replying.

The worst part of it is the fact he's carrying on with expensive tasteless modifications whilst not paying the bill, shameful tbh.

DreamEater
3rd June 2012, 22:46
3 options.

1) Hiab/Trailer his car away and strip it to recover the money (possibly illegal to do as car was released to him...)

2)Take him to court.

3)Forget about it.

And you'll notice that all of these don't need the use of a forum, talking on here won't get anything resolved, promises have been made and broken. Action needs to be taken now.

Bedford126
3rd June 2012, 22:52
If your owed money alot of money your going to do whatever you can to get it back if your not getting a response by any other means, i don't see the problem here, i really don't think a court would account for a thread on a saxo forum :homme:

Wrong any written account can be used in a cort of law.

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 23:00
so sue me for slander

Bedford126
3rd June 2012, 23:08
so sue me for slander

Exactly my point really mature answer there mate.

tweeqd
3rd June 2012, 23:10
3 options.

1) Hiab/Trailer his car away and strip it to recover the money (possibly illegal to do as car was released to him...)

he can take back the parts that are not payed for, i would take back the car, strip the bits he hasnt payed for then return the stripped car to him, this way he cant get you done for theft

write off the labour costs as a bad debt (can put it down as expences in you tax return) then have the satifaction he cant use the car

or if it was me torch the car and batter the shit out of the cheeky twat :boxing:

TomT
3rd June 2012, 23:12

Hardly slander if he's telling the truth is it?

He's just trying to get his money back, hardly being malicious about it.

Prickle
3rd June 2012, 23:12
or if it was me torch the car and batter the shit out of the cheeky twat :boxing:

In honesty would you do that or just taking the pish? haha.

Tbf there is some serious people out there when they are owed coinage.

tweeqd
3rd June 2012, 23:16
well it wouldnt be me that torched the car but it would get done

i would 100% on the other hand personally batter the twat just for the cheek of the situation

saxo-parts
3rd June 2012, 23:18
i wouldn't take that route at all, i've managed to stay out of trouble for the last 6 years and not going back down that route, i've got too much too loose these days. just want my money thats owed and being ignored doesn't hold well with me.

As for slander/putting the subject on forums, well maybe if i was either paid or at least getting phone calls/pm's and texts answered i wouldn't be doing it. Wassy entered in an agreement, can't keep to it and is now avoiding us.

Daz_Kez
3rd June 2012, 23:29

For a start slander is and has to be false information and be damaging to someone's reputation..

Either way key word of slanderous means false.. And since the guy had already been on here stating publicly that he owed money and was going to pay up then hasn't wouldn't leave him on stable ground for any kind of counter claim against damages towards himself.

Some of these suggestions in this thread may be considered a bit rough by some people's standards but simple fact is it happens! It's no worse than not settling debts in the first place in my opinion.

Pretty safe to say I wouldn't be willing to have any kind of relationship with someone like this (friend/mates etc).

But hey ho!

mlawlan69
3rd June 2012, 23:54
Pissed

but if he is not replying to any Of your advances he's taking the piss out of you!

Jazz
4th June 2012, 00:05
Really should not have let him take his car back, big mistake right there.

Having said that, you should present the final invoice to him once more and give him one chance to repay it.

Otherwise if he continues to take piss like he has then take the guy to court, simple as.

baker556
4th June 2012, 00:06
Wrong any written account can be used in a cort of law.

Prove that its not someone else s account, it wouldn't be hard evidence to go into the court room. It could be someone else with a false account, for example.

If it came down to it you can edit your posts you know..:homme:

Jazz
4th June 2012, 00:09

Re-visit your legal textbooks.

It has already been established that money is owed.

Slander refers to a false statement damaging one's reputation. Which clearly is not the case here.

Moke
4th June 2012, 00:10
Jason, you're not exactly coming across as very professional in this thread :n:

Wrong section ;)

Seriously though, surely you know where he lives? Go and knock on his door?

Bedford126
4th June 2012, 00:15
Re-visit your legal textbooks.

It has already been established that money is owed.

Slander refers to a false statement damaging one's reputation. Which clearly is not the case here.

Slander was referring to both sides of the story in which case it is damaging one's name and professional reputation.

Jazz
4th June 2012, 00:23
Slander was referring to both sides of the story in which case it is damaging one's name and professional reputation.

I know what it means, I studied undergrad law.

Slander can be used against an unsubstantiated claim in regards to damaging one's reputation.

This is not an unsubstantiated claim, this is merely an expression of fact. In the other thread wassy has admitted that he owes money. This thread makes no new claims in respect of what has already been established as an undisputed fact in the previous thread.

Therefore any claim for slander in this instance is completely laughable.

Moke
4th June 2012, 00:25
Hi Jazz!

Jazz
4th June 2012, 00:27
Wagwaan me rude boy Moke

W343NNA
4th June 2012, 00:28
Dont know what your fucking about at to be ohnest, anyone els it would of been on the back of a hiab by now

saxo_singh
4th June 2012, 01:01
I don't get why this situation has been made public on a forum.
Its a problem between a) the company and b) the customer
Does every company/buisness make threads when there owed money?
If it was more proffesional then this thread and previous thread wouldn't be needed and wouldn't be made public for thousands of forum users to see.

wassy78
4th June 2012, 05:19
Why don't people shut the fuck up
I've done nothing but read the last thread about me and said nothing apart from own up
As for people saying take my car try it and yeh it's theft as nothing on the car is what was on as it's all been changed
As for wanting to knock me out or give me a slap bottom pm me and I'll give you my address
As alway people know fuck all what's gone off and quick to judge
I now owe 600 not that it's got to do with anyone
And as for the story that people think I've give fuck all then you wrong
Money as been given also give him a big brake conversion at I was going to use on the Saxo . Also kept my old engine when Jason put the vts in . As for the wiring trying about 3 times and not working I ended up buying a running Saxo vts the wiring came out that and I give the rest of the car to Jason
I'm not ignoring you I've had no phone call just one text on the 31 saying it's end of month any news . And tell you thruth I thought I was seeing things . For the pm I've been busy not even come on sax-p and been working on the car till silly hours in the morning my wife not even seen me never mind any one else

As for making the thread I understand people saying it's unprofessional which I agree but it's been made as alot of people now know me on here and it's shown what a twat I've been . But really people have been to quick to judge but I'll say this . Love me hate couldn't give a flying fuck I've work hard to get my car right as for someone saying I bet I own money all over the place .....wrong all payed as the work was done right and other people on here that I've had dealing with can agree or not

It's like after the first thread you made I had a pm saying what problems have I had with my engine from you as he's had one and finding problems . My reply was sorry any problems you have you need to speck to Jason i could have said bloody anything but I didn't as nothing to do with anyone else

AndyMan
4th June 2012, 08:39
Glad to see public flogging has returned, thought it was past the dark ages nowa days.

This whole mess is a catalogue crap with no reason for mates to fall out over, wassy is not dick turpin, sweeney tod or jack sparrow, he said he will pay up and he has told me there is no problem doing as such, 1 text when your busy is easily forgotton about, done it myself as well as prob 90% of everyone on here, if the money means soo much then maybe a trip out too see him would have sorted this a long time ago.

Put this to bed people, this is between jay and ste, no need for a mass falling out really, unless of course he owes you all money which im sure he doesnt ?

shell-vt
4th June 2012, 08:48
Why don't people shut the fuck up
I've done nothing but read the last thread about me and said nothing apart from own up
As for people saying take my car try it and yeh it's theft as nothing on the car is what was on as it's all been changed
As for wanting to knock me out or give me a slap bottom pm me and I'll give you my address
As alway people know fuck all what's gone off and quick to judge
I now owe 600 not that it's got to do with anyone
And as for the story that people think I've give fuck all then you wrong
Money as been given also give him a big brake conversion at I was going to use on the Saxo . Also kept my old engine when Jason put the vts in . As for the wiring trying about 3 times and not working I ended up buying a running Saxo vts the wiring came out that and I give the rest of the car to Jason
I'm not ignoring you I've had no phone call just one text on the 31 saying it's end of month any news . And tell you thruth I thought I was seeing things . For the pm I've been busy not even come on sax-p and been working on the car till silly hours in the morning my wife not even seen me never mind any one else

As for making the thread I understand people saying it's unprofessional which I agree but it's been made as alot of people now know me on here and it's shown what a twat I've been . But really people have been to quick to judge but I'll say this . Love me hate couldn't give a flying fuck I've work hard to get my car right as for someone saying I bet I own money all over the place .....wrong all payed as the work was done right and other people on here that I've had dealing with can agree or not

It's like after the first thread you made I had a pm saying what problems have I had with my engine from you as he's had one and finding problems . My reply was sorry any problems you have you need to speck to Jason i could have said bloody anything but I didn't as nothing to do with anyone else

well wassy i agree with what you say, this thread is nothing but a wasp nest being stirred, the whole thing should of been kept a private matter. hope things get sorted for you both.. michelle..

Ashleyp
4th June 2012, 09:03
Prove that its not someone else s account, it wouldn't be hard evidence to go into the court room. It could be someone else with a false account, for example.

If it came down to it you can edit your posts you know..:homme:

Pretty obvious wassy's account is wassys car. who else drives a bright green saxo with those mods on?

not forgetting IP addresses can be traced, and if needed, witnesses who know him from here (providing they're needed / and wanted to be involved)

Mods can see posts before they were edited iirc.

You can't edit PM's - which were sent to agree the current payment method, according to the last thread.

he can take back the parts that are not payed for, i would take back the car, strip the bits he hasnt payed for then return the stripped car to him, this way he cant get you done for theft

You on crack?

Prickle
5th June 2012, 16:43
well it wouldnt be me that torched the car but it would get done

i would 100% on the other hand personally batter the twat just for the cheek of the situation

Oh i see, pay another guy to do the deed. ;)

saxowebby
5th June 2012, 16:49
tbh i dont care about either.

It should be between the 2 parties involved not every keyboard warrior aswell. Also is shouldnt of been posted on a public forum.

baker556
5th June 2012, 16:58
Pretty obvious wassy's account is wassys car. who else drives a bright green saxo with those mods on?

not forgetting IP addresses can be traced, and if needed, witnesses who know him from here (providing they're needed / and wanted to be involved)

Mods can see posts before they were edited iirc.

You can't edit PM's - which were sent to agree the current payment method, according to the last thread.

Was talking about mandys, not wassys if it went to the court room (As apparently he can be prosecuted for 'slander' from this thread) :homme:

Good luck getting a solictor to get in contact with an isp to track an ip address, you need police and all sorts of legal documentation.

saxo-parts
5th June 2012, 17:05
tbh i dont care about either.

It should be between the 2 parties involved not every keyboard warrior aswell. Also is shouldnt of been posted on a public forum.

so say that to all the people on the scammers section, same situation! Well, HOPEFULLY, after 12 months of waiting,the situation will be resolved by the weekend. As for slander, please don't make me chuckle, you cannot be sued for slander for stating the truth and as Wassy has stated, he doesn't deny he owes the money. As i say,hopefully he'll have squared me up by the weekend and i'm sorry for having to restart the thread but i'm not going to be taking a "mate" to small claims. Saying that, the whole scenario has made me aware of not to allow ANYONE any leeway with payment, and that kind of stuffs it for other people as theres going be no more drop the money in tomorrow or haggling over prices, F*&^ that, no favours anymore.

devilsadvocate
5th June 2012, 17:41
I might pop down to currys tomorrow and take a TV off the shelf, tell them I will pay at the end of the month.

You owe someone money, you make sure its the next thing you pay before spending money on anything else except things like utility bills, rent etc.

Jason you should have stuck a thread in the scammers section mate, sounds like you have waited a shit load longer than you should have done for payment.

Ashleyp
5th June 2012, 19:09
I might pop down to currys tomorrow and take a TV off the shelf, tell them I will pay at the end of the month.

I think that's called credit.

craig180
6th June 2012, 11:39
Firstly, wrong section

Secondly, I thought you guys were both business owners/grown up/professional?

Why on earth does something like this have to be dragged onto a public forum to allow both parties to be judged by thousands of people that actually know very little about the situation, other than what has been claimed by one side?

I'm sure there are far more details that haven't been brought up in this thread as to why it's got to this situation.

Finally, any threatening behaviour from ANY MEMBER, whether they are popular, an affilliate, unknown to the majority of the site, credible, Premium member or otherwise will be dealt with accordingly.

I'm not taking sides on this, nor am I judging either party but looking at this thread makes me wonder what is happening to the human race

VexxedVTS
6th June 2012, 17:04
Firstly, wrong section

Why on earth does something like this have to be dragged onto a public forum to allow both parties to be judged by thousands of people that actually know very little about the situation, other than what has been claimed by one side?

I'm sure there are far more details that haven't been brought up in this thread as to why it's got to this situation.

Finally, any threatening behaviour from ANY MEMBER, whether they are popular, an affilliate, unknown to the majority of the site, credible, Premium member or otherwise will be dealt with accordingly.

I'm not taking sides on this, nor am I judging either party but looking at this thread makes me wonder what is happening to the human race

EXACTLY what he said...

Matty16v
7th June 2012, 14:34
I know what it means, I studied undergrad law.

Slander can be used against an unsubstantiated claim in regards to damaging one's reputation.

This is not an unsubstantiated claim, this is merely an expression of fact. In the other thread wassy has admitted that he owes money. This thread makes no new claims in respect of what has already been established as an undisputed fact in the previous thread.

Therefore any claim for slander in this instance is completely laughable.

I'm confused. Surely is Libel not Slander? Slander is verbal, Libel is written?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Which I'm not
Firstly, wrong section

:boxing: Perhaps this is the Haye-Chisora pre-build up speculation?

Manu
18th June 2012, 12:49
If only I was given a quid every time I heard a story of someone who mixed friendship AND business, then losing the friendship and the money...

Instead of keeping on making threads about it, which is getting not only pointless but aimless, take it to small claims and see where you stand. Otherwise get over it, posting over and over again about the same thing will not solve your problem. It's nobody's concern, least being on some small time car forum.

Additional bickering only contributes to make you look less and less professional, as in you're only hurting your own reputation for being a mug. There's 3 sides to every story: your truth, his truth, and the whole truth. Pretty sure there isn't any of the latter on display here. Last but not least, I didn't post 6 threads last time a mechanic did a shit job on my car despite me trusting him.

craig180
18th June 2012, 13:19
My understanding is that any money owed has been settled.

Albeit at a significant loss to the debtor

Giraffe
18th June 2012, 13:48
My understanding is that any money owed has been settled.

Albeit at a significant loss to the debtor

Wassy lost out in all this in the end?

craig180
18th June 2012, 13:56
Wassy lost out in all this in the end?

Seems so.

Seems the kind of guy that can't be arsed with school ground conflicts.

Giraffe
18th June 2012, 13:57
Wow, I was sure it would be Jason who got the raw end of the deal when all this was settled as he seemed to be owed an awful lot :|

Good quality though, not being arsed with small quarrels.

craig180
18th June 2012, 14:25
Wow, I was sure it would be Jason who got the raw end of the deal when all this was settled as he seemed to be owed an awful lot :|

Good quality though, not being arsed with small quarrels.

Not sure what the amounts were as I'd never question anyone's financials but I do know that overall Wassy is out of pocket by a significant amount

Giraffe
18th June 2012, 14:35
Not sure what the amounts were as I'd never question anyone's financials but I do know that overall Wassy is out of pocket by a significant amount

I was just basing it on the other thread I saw about the hours, workshop space, parts ordered etc, no actual figure. Obviously I don't know how much Wassy has paid though, not really interested either, just surprised!

saxo-parts
18th June 2012, 18:12

hows he lost out??? please explain, he owed money, he's paid. Think as a "super-mod" perchance you should state facts,rather then go on hearsay,rumours or one side of a story but hey, i'm only a member, mods make the whole site.

Stefan_Wood
21st June 2012, 00:22
Glad this got sorted have read the lot and the other thread also, im not narrow minded so i wont judge, Both of the parties seem to have had problems there is alwasy 2sides to a story, but a small claims court would of sorted this out.
I dread to think what the other narrow minded members on this site think of you 2 now tho lol.

wassy78
21st June 2012, 17:52
Tell you truth I don't mind what people think I'm not here to let people judge me or Jason end of day we should have sorted it out months ago but jay spat dummy out lol joke Jayson . End of day it shown at fcs no love lost and that shows how people should be ... I my self should have sorted any problems out months ago but lesson learnt to us both which is TALK ....book now closed