PDA

View Full Version : Food

Yates
9th August 2006, 21:41
Right i dont know much about different foods to eat so want everyone to give the information that they know!

Whats good for protein? I know chicken and tuna is, but there must be more, i get sick of eating them sometimes and would like to try other things

Carbohydrates...is it good to eat alot? You get this from pasta and potatoes dont you? Is it good to eat if your training?

Energy - what kind foods will give you energy, before and after training

If people could give there information as ive said, and if they have there fav meals with tuna n chicken, please list as i stated i get bored of eating them at times, different flavours with them will help!

kcsaxo
10th August 2006, 08:32
protein:

turkey
chicken
beef
lean pork
tuna
soy / tofu
egg whites only not yolks as well
salmon

carbs:

pasta
rice
potatoes
fruit n veg
wholemeal bread
wholegrain cereal
porridge oats

high energy:

porridge oats
bananas and other fruits
cereal

my fav is spaghetti bolognese with turkey mince instead as i dont eat beef plus turkey has less fat.

Yates
10th August 2006, 10:21
sounds good, didnt realise about porridge, may have a bowl now!

saxodan
10th August 2006, 10:22
If your trying to put on weight is it best to eat carbs or proteins?

Thanks
Dan

kcsaxo
10th August 2006, 10:51
yeah back in the days a bowl of porridge kept you going coz its got a "low glyceamic index or low GI" which means foods with low GI are burnt slower by the body so you dont get as hungry as often. same goes for wholemeal bread as its not as processed as white.

dan-
if you wanna put on size its best IMHO to do heavy weights and low reps (6-8) to use the most muscle per lift. then for eating its good to have foods with protein and carb mix to get the whole package for your body.

eating pure carbs ive found only puts on bulk and makes you stocky which i tend to stay away from as it gives the appearance of being chunky.

saxodan
10th August 2006, 10:56
yeah back in the days a bowl of porridge kept you going coz its got a "low glyceamic index or low GI" which means foods with low GI are burnt slower by the body so you dont get as hungry as often. same goes for wholemeal bread as its not as processed as white.

dan-
if you wanna put on size its best IMHO to do heavy weights and low reps (6-8) to use the most muscle per lift. then for eating its good to have foods with protein and carb mix to get the whole package for your body.

eating pure carbs ive found only puts on bulk and makes you stocky which i tend to stay away from as it gives the appearance of being chunky.

Weights are really not for me lol

So a mix is good?

I will try eating more of those things listed..

Yates
10th August 2006, 11:17
This is why ive started this thread, everyone gives advice on what food to eat and what not to eat. Find out what foods do what and so on. Genius on my part, give me good rep

bullit
10th August 2006, 12:33
exactly as kc as said.
saxodan what do actually want? putting on weight to me means getting fat.
if you wanna be building muscle though porridge is not a good idea.

saxodan
10th August 2006, 12:35
exactly as kc as said.
saxodan what do actually want? putting on weight to me means getting fat.
if you wanna be building muscle though porridge is not a good idea.

Not get fat, just genrally have a bigger frame, not muscley or anything, just not to be blown over in the wind would be nice :P

Yates
10th August 2006, 13:32
im not bothered about getting big, just rather stay in shape

surely if your after protein, eating a whole egg wont matter rather than just the white

saxodan
10th August 2006, 13:38
im not bothered about getting big, just rather stay in shape

surely if your after protein, eating a whole egg wont matter rather than just the white

lol thats what i was thinking whats the point in cooking an egg if you cant eat the middle, its the best bit!!

Back on topic..
Anyway good thread yate5y anyone who cna list more foods its a good help!

Ryan
10th August 2006, 13:44
when im back ill sort out some info yate5y. i got some good stuff from the BOA to help out with

kcsaxo
10th August 2006, 15:11
yates the reason for egg whites only is because the yolk contains all the cholesterol which will pack your ticker in if youre not careful. the whites contain all the amino acids and zero cholesterol which is why i recommend it. if you try eating 5 full egg omellets as apposed to a 2full to 3whites proportion you will know it!

bullit
10th August 2006, 18:12
unfornuately saxodan your born with the frame youve got unless your still young and you might fill out a bit. eat well and get lifting them weights lol

as asbove again 5 egg ommelette use 2 yolks
theres also prawns for protein and even milk for a mini meal.

Yates
10th August 2006, 20:47
i hardly eat fatty foods so i think my heart will be ok!

Mitchell
10th August 2006, 20:59
my favourite is a tuna kebab lol

2 cans of tuna
5 tablespoons of Tomato Sause
and 1 pita bread

i normally just eat chicken with pasta and mayo, addicted to that.

Mitchell
10th August 2006, 21:02
look here if you havent already...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

get some crazy recipe's there

saxodan
10th August 2006, 21:27
Think im going to be sick-

For those poor college kids like me:

TUNA SHAKE BABY!!

Keto Version:

2 6oz cans Tuna in water(or oil if on Bodyopus Diet)
2 cups water
4 large ice cubes

Blend until smooth & creamy. This is a must for any hardcore lifter.

Regular Version:
Same but with milk

Pulled from this webpage:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache...ult+crew&hl=en

(The original page does not exist, that URL is a cached version from google)

Leo
6th September 2006, 16:17
Porridge of oats is packed of protien, start getting that down you of a morning. As you said tuna and lean chicken breast are in the top few i think. Bananas are also great (these provide energy also) - i munch 2/3 bananas before a workout