PDA

View Full Version : Heated front screen

Mathias
20th August 2012, 16:27
Any ideas where I can get one?! Need one asap!!

Mathias
20th August 2012, 16:38
Cheers mate I'll try calling tomorrow

Drago
20th August 2012, 17:00
http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

This is where mine came from, although through a different supplier.

Price is the same regardless of where you buy from, unless you can sort a group buy. But good luck with that.

Mathias
20th August 2012, 17:02
How much did you pay delivered? Perform well?

Drago
20th August 2012, 18:25
How much did you pay delivered? Perform well?

Same price as on that website, although i did put mine through my business so saved a little with vat etc

Haven't used in damp conditions yet so cant comment on how it performs, but when i initially wired it in and tested the screen it gave off plenty of heat.

Simon
20th August 2012, 19:16
http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

This is where mine came from, although through a different supplier.

Price is the same regardless of where you buy from, unless you can sort a group buy. But good luck with that.

Was going to say them.... I work on the same estate :y:

EDIT: you will need to pick 106 as no option for saxo

Alanapone
20th August 2012, 19:25
WOW!!!

Them polycarbs are a decent price, And so is the heated screen!! I need to replace my front screen and was quotes £120 to have one fitted. It might be worth getting one of these and doing away with the heater etc.

:y:

Simon
20th August 2012, 19:33
Just for info
The element is split into two halves.

You need a separate power supply with a 30 amp relay for each side.

Or if you are doing away with the heated rear
Use that relay to power one side
Then only one new one needs sorting

Alanapone
20th August 2012, 19:53
Could you not just run it off one feed or would it just blow the fuse all the time?

Sounds like a better idea than running a blower heater. Are their any downsides to this... other than the rest of the car is cold in winter!?

Simon
20th August 2012, 20:04
I went in and spoke to Ricky Evans when another member was looking at a group buy.

He said that there's too much current drawn to run both sides off one relay

Mathias
20th August 2012, 20:28
Going to call and probably order tomorrow so I'll let you guys know what he says

Mathias
21st August 2012, 11:31
£286 all in delivered

Going to try elsewhere first

Alanapone
21st August 2012, 14:35
Bloody hell!!!

Just realised his prices are WITHOUT vat!!!!!!!!!!!

What a cock!

No one should be allowed to advertise prices like that this day and age!!!

So it's about £40 delivery then as well Mathias?

Mathias
21st August 2012, 15:39
£44 plus vat delivery.... After finding a few other places, the prices are exactly the same! No doubt from the same supplier with the same profit margin also!

Think I'll just take the plunge, having got a cracked screen anyway!!

Alanapone
21st August 2012, 16:15
Yeah, true.

Mines cracked as well, I got a quote from a mobile fitter for a standard screen and it was £100 ish. Might give him a shout and see if he can get one and if so what price it would be as i'd have to get it fitted on top of all that money.

Mathias
21st August 2012, 17:03
That's the thing! Fitting on top also, I've already called 2 diplomats of standard screens. One said they couldn't get one, the other was positive it couldn't be done!

SGregg
21st August 2012, 20:45
Standard Screen and micro heater FTW

http://www.t7design.co.uk/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/391378_10152000791740464_88057381_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418363_10151326497435464_442560928_n.jpg

No idea how it performs as I haven't wired it in yet, but this was recommended to me by some guys on a Rally Forum

Alanapone
21st August 2012, 20:52
Does that plumb into the waterbpipes too?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

SGregg
21st August 2012, 21:01
yep, something else I've got to do. I've took the old Citroen part out of the bulk head, re-used the grommit and installed 2 x 10mm cnc'd ports to connect the existing engine side pipework, to the pipework inside the car that I still need to do. You can get it all from T7 other than the adapter piece from the heater to the dash, which I knocked up in fibre glass

This bit
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/600460_10151820140920464_1285799588_n.jpg

Mathias
22nd August 2012, 21:32
^^ interesting idea ^^

Would be interested to see how it performs, did consider making something up. More to save money really. That would also foul a satchshift setup linkage under the dash also.

Ordered the screen earlier, should be here Monday. Also asked about supplier, it is the same for 90% or so of the outlets to sell. Hence the same rrp!

Asked about a group buy - only 10% for 5 or more screens so decided it wasn't worth the effort To be honest!!

Alanapone
22nd August 2012, 21:51
Unfortunately after my recent rolling road day fell through I don't think theirs much future in group buys etc. on here any more.

I'm considering getting on but I'd need to save a few quid first. I like the idea of being able to do away with the heater matrix and control box all together as their is a fair chunk of weight in that.

Might see what the screen gets like at Oulton park with no blower etc. first and see how I get on.

Mathias
22nd August 2012, 22:08
Ultimately after Removing all the heater box, vents, ducting, matrix etc. And saving the weight involved there I saw no point in then putting weight back in with a heating system made up or bought in.

That coupled with the fact I actually needed a windscreen made the decision easy. Undoubtedly if there was no need for a screen for the car I'd have made do and tested it with the standard screen. Also after spending money and countless hours on the car, then paying for the track day, I would be so annoyed if I couldn't see out of the car!!

SGregg
23rd August 2012, 20:37
Like I say, they rave about them on the Rally forum's, the guys who I got the idea from has one in his S1600 Corsa he's built from scratch.

You could mount the heater anywhere you like behind the dash, so that would clear your satch shift.

It's going to be a while before mines used i think :P