PDA

View Full Version : What to declared?

l_horne
10th August 2006, 16:00
Do i need to declare if its been lowered and wheels, i can understand declaring induction kit and exhust, what about racing seats?

saunders
10th August 2006, 16:01
Rule of thumb declare everything, otherwise some cocky insurance bloke will jus invalidate ur policy. Ring and ask they mite not even charge for the seats n that

mike_obuk
10th August 2006, 19:00
yes you do need to declare everything. beter safe than sorry! they will be right bastards if you are in an accident and they find something you havent declared!!!

BadBoyJam
14th August 2006, 10:01
Do i need to declare if its been lowered and wheels, i can understand declaring induction kit and exhust, what about racing seats?

The exact wording is "Any alteration to a vehicle which increases either performance or appearance"

so pretty much any mod. Can sumtimes get away with not disclosing internal engine mods like cams as its highly unlikely that an insurer is going to strip an engine down following a claim.

black_rat_uk
14th August 2006, 10:06
declare everthing otherwise you could lose out if you have to claim

welshy2k
16th August 2006, 09:34
regarding lowering if you lower your car any more than 30mm then you have to declare it to your insurance company....otherwise it is not required.....things such as tints can add things to your insurance any audio equipment definately declare because if they are stolen then you can claim the price for them

Natalie
16th August 2006, 17:27
I had to declare any amount of lowering to my insurance company. So check what yours says. But yeah declare everything or else you might as well drive around uninsured. It's not usually much. Mine was £30 for lowering, £14 for the back box and only £3 for alloys. For that much money its not worth risking them invalidating your policy

Saxo-Slag
16th August 2006, 20:38
rang my insurance company today. I told them all my mods on the new car and they said it didnt matter aslong as its road legal

saunders
16th August 2006, 20:41
rang my insurance company today. I told them all my mods on the new car and they said it didnt matter aslong as its road legal

What insurance company u with?

Saxo-Slag
16th August 2006, 20:44
Quin direct. Think the women was abit dopy tho

TU-Tuning
16th August 2006, 20:55
Lol mine was 45 for an induction kit (which the first time i rang they hung up because i called it an induction kit, and so they said it had to be either a supercharger or turbo. I kept saying it was just a replacement filter system and not a forced induction system but they wouldnt believe me :rage: ).

I havent told them about my alloys and im lowering it soon. Its probably gonna rocket :cry:

mike_obuk
18th August 2006, 20:09
i just got a quote with more than. the guy said as long as the mods didnt increase my acceleration or top speed then they will cover me.

got a quote for £445 fully comp! only an extra £40 to gurentee my no claims!

James
18th August 2006, 22:42
My insurance went down when i fitted my buckets.. it's worth considering...

Ry_B
18th August 2006, 23:11
Why would the buckets make it go down? Weird

You're more likely to race, the car is more likely to be stolen, the car stands out more - more likley to be vandalised etc?

shadowed_fury
18th August 2006, 23:17
Safer seats though ;)

James
18th August 2006, 23:25
Why would the buckets make it go down? Weird

You're more likely to race, the car is more likely to be stolen, the car stands out more - more likley to be vandalised etc?

Insurance company know it's kept in a garage overnight.. and there allot safer if you have a crash. It went down 66 pound's so i was impressed. Who am i to complain when they direct debit me a refund of 66 pound? :P