PDA

View Full Version : FG doors

deano_123
29th August 2012, 05:30
Who has these? bitch to fit? do they leak water/ flex at speed/ drafty?

Mathias
29th August 2012, 07:23
Every blog I've seen that people have fitted them has always stated they need a fair amount of work to fit! Plus after paying £300 + for them I'd expect them to be ready to go!

Personally I think that money could be better spent elsewhere.

blackie_2k5
29th August 2012, 07:39
Don't seal water or wind out very well

Flap about at speeds

Supposedly don't last very long as they're too light, if it's a track only car it shouldn't be too bad on the wear

But on a fast track the wind if gonna do your head in from everything I've read

KamRacing
29th August 2012, 09:20
I would always go for full fibreglass doors rather than door skins.

Beaniemoo
29th August 2012, 09:30
My brothers had fibreglass doors on his Clio for 4 years now and never had any of these issues mentioned above!?
I've just fitted some to my 106 rallye

deano_123
29th August 2012, 09:44
My brothers had fibreglass doors on his Clio for 4 years now and never had any of these issues mentioned above!?
I've just fitted some to my 106 rallye

did you get the £300 jobbys off ebay or are there other options out there?

i read you can save around 50 kgs with FG doors and less than half through chopping the originals up

blackie_2k5
29th August 2012, 13:44
I made a similar thread a while back and was given all these reasons to steer clear, it depends massively on the shape and structure of the door themselves

I'm just passing on info I was given from several members on here who've been in the scene longer then me :y:

Beaniemoo
29th August 2012, 20:29
Beanie here, My doors on the Clio were specially ordered in from France. They took forever to arrive and cost a fair amount more than the Ones my brother bought for the 106 (ebay ones).
Both sets of doors were a long long way from a simply bolt on fit. the clio doors nearly broke me when i had to fit them. Lots of ingenuity needed. The 106 ones were easier but probably just because i'd already fitted the clio ones.

On a working basis the clio has had the doors for 4ish years and they are as good as they need to be for a car that only see's sunny days track work and driving to and from them and shows. They aren't something to fit to an everyday car anywhere near standard and work only as well as they're fitted i'm sure. Mine don't leak water and i've no idea if there's a wind noise as the car is so loud lol. Very rarely do people notice they're F/G also which says a lot really.

If you want to see more about how to fit them etc take a look through my Rallye build thread.

hope this helps. Chris

deano_123
30th August 2012, 04:46
the car is purely for track days n the odd blast through the country (nothing against saxos but they dont come with the best image so id rather not be in it for daily driving, im a cool motherfucker you see)

i got a reply off the bloke selling them on ebay, says they do flex at speed and require pinning at the top. i think ill get them a try, suppose if they suck n i shift them on i shouldnt lose too much