PDA

View Full Version : How do i fit my edge 12" sub woofer & amp?

David1444
3rd October 2012, 08:24
As the title says really? I'm not sure how you do it with plugging it into the battery etc...

holdawayt
3rd October 2012, 08:27
Do a google search, there's hundreds of guides.

It's quite hard to get it wrong though, if I wasn't on my mobile I'd write a guide.

David1444
3rd October 2012, 08:28
Okay thanks, i will take a look :)

Liamjrhodes
3rd October 2012, 08:30
You need a power wire from the battery with an inline fuse. A red&white rca cable from the headunit and a remote cable from the headunit.

Battery cable, usually red, can be bought from places like halfords. Onto the positive of the battery with the fuse as close to the battery as possible then into the interior and under the carpet to the boot

Then rca cables plug into back of headunit and run under the carpet to boot

Remote cable attatches from one of the wires on the back of the headunit. It will either be labled remote or can use power ariel one then run it to the boot

Then it all plugs into the amp. Then speaker wire from amp to sub

wingnuts
3rd October 2012, 08:35
The power wire should run down the passenger side of your car and the rca's down the drivers side of your car keep them apart otherwise you'll get interference

David1444
3rd October 2012, 10:49
All fitted now, thanks for all of your help i have put the power wire with the other wires close together at the moment, but if i find any interference i will most certainly move them apart! Thanks for all of your help