PDA

View Full Version : Rain Spots :/

SNewham
15th August 2006, 11:41
Heya,

My dad went on hols to France in his R32 and when he came back he has loads of rain spots all over the car and we can't seem to get them out. May be something to do with the acidic rain or maybe even the tree he parked under i don't know :sad:

Any ideas how to get it out?

Thanks in advance
scott

TU-Tuning
15th August 2006, 12:37
You tried a clay bar mate?

barrett
15th August 2006, 12:42
do they go when you wet then?

I would clay bar then try to polish them out.

Mike

saunders
15th August 2006, 12:43
i think they are yet 2 manufacture a product to eliminate rain spots, but i want same as black shows it up really badly

TU-Tuning
15th August 2006, 12:46
I would say that a clay bar is the best option though? As its meant to suck out the surface contaminants like tree sap etc.

m20pub
15th August 2006, 13:07
or auto glym tar remover works a treat and only costs £4.95

srcnix
15th August 2006, 13:07
Try this:

- Wash
- Chamois
- Clay
- Rinse
- Chamois

saxoash
15th August 2006, 13:10
What you mean by rain spots you got pics?

SNewham
15th August 2006, 21:27
I'll take some pictures tomorrow but the car is looking completely shite as they are all over it and they're not small either. :(

I tried a clay bar but that didn't get it off either. just got a quote for £264.38 for a machine polish compound.

Think that might be the only way to get rid of them.

saxoash
15th August 2006, 21:38
wash car with a quality shampoo them dry ti off with a towel and then polish your car, ive never heard of "rain spots" atualy fucking up the paint

kcsaxo
16th August 2006, 09:38
try a solution of 50/50 white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. spray on then wipe off with a cloth. rain marks are just the limescale in water that have hardened onto the surface so that solution should work. just remember to wipe down and re-wax afterwards.

PolishedBliss
16th August 2006, 10:29
Rain spots can screw the clear coat in some cases, and the resultant etching can be one of the hardest defects to remove. If claying hasn't done the job you can safely assume it's not sap, and thus rain spotting. You could try polioshing them out by hand using something like Menzerna Intensive Polish and a German Pad, but in all honesty a professional machine polish may be the only way to go. £265 is a bit pricey though...