PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! A new VTS owner emerges!

Russ
25th November 2003, 04:59
Hi all!

Right, let me start - just bought a W reg VTS, in rainforest green! Yeah, green! Not the most fancied colour in the car world but I like it!

Anyway, give me some idea's for security, please! It's got the standard immobiliser and alarm, and steering lock will be in soon. tempted about the new deadlocks, but heard of a local chap who had them fitted - then his central locking faulted and couldn't get in his motor!

Any hello's or help will be cool.
Peace! smileys/smiley2.gif

saxogaz
25th November 2003, 06:14
have u thought of killin two birds with one stone by havin a snap off boss kit which also lets u have a sports steering wheel. also some insurance companies are offering discounts now for having them. smileys/smiley16.gif

Keir
25th November 2003, 16:40
Remove your doorpins immediatley!

GreenSaxo
26th November 2003, 23:12
as kier said... remove your door pins... as they are a MAJOR!</font> security hazzard!

other than that... i think you can upgrade you current alarm to cat1.. not sure on this though smileys/smiley17.gif

Russ
27th November 2003, 00:48
Well, as it seems - the door locks have to come out! smileys/smiley4.gif
Any of you got some ideas on filling the holes hat are left - rubber bungs have been put in but they look super-sh!t. Is there no-one that makes a nice replacement plug, that fits perfectly.
Or how about a pin that is shorter, so it sits in the hole and cant be grabbed?

I could slap up the alarm to a Cat.1 - what recommendations you all got? I didn't think the standard one was all that cack, or am I wrong?

Thanks to you that have replied - nice one!

saxostu
27th November 2003, 01:08
Welcome to sax-p russ!! smileys/smiley4.gif

GreenSaxo
23rd December 2003, 04:09
just realised.. russ is another kent peep smileys/happy.gif