PDA

View Full Version : Slim Seats

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 10:00
My doorbars are pretty fat, so my seats are going to either require some real jiggling, or a swap.

I'm half tempted to go for the KIRKEY seats, then add the shoulder and head supports.

Opinions?

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/images/Thumbnails/16%20SERIES%20-RIGHT_Medium.JPG

It's not a daily and is pretty much strictly track, although I will drive it to track / get towed home by the AA in it

KamRacing
10th January 2013, 10:06
Personally I would rather sit in comfort even for a track day. It means you can concentrate on driving. I'd only use them for drag racing where lateral forces will not move you about.

On my 205 we cut the transmission tunnel to sit the seat nice and low and in the right position.

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 10:09
Personally I would rather sit in comfort even for a track day. It means you can concentrate on driving. I'd only use them for drag racing where lateral forces will not move you about.

On my 205 we cut the transmission tunnel to sit the seat nice and low and in the right position.

Deano has done this, it could be my only option.

Unless you guys know of any slimish seats?

AlexB
10th January 2013, 11:30
chop off the top cover on the tunnel like nickhead did in his saxo and shunt the seat over to the side to clear

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 12:43
chop off the top cover on the tunnel like nickhead did in his saxo and shunt the seat over to the side to clear

This could be the easiest way to go

It's what I get for being huge :homme:

deano_123
10th January 2013, 13:07
kirkeys need bracing to the roll cage, if not they collapse in a collision and snap your back

just remove the top transmission tunnel, its just a support for the original seat frames and the structural tunnel is underneath

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 13:22
kirkeys need bracing to the roll cage, if not they collapse in a collision and snap your back

just remove the top transmission tunnel, its just a support for the original seat frames and the structural tunnel is underneath

I just facebooked you

show me photos of your tranny tunnel sexy

then do mine?

KamRacing
10th January 2013, 14:23
We used the OMP Champ in the 309 where space was limited. Slim base for a padded seat. Main issue was the size of most seat shoulder and head protection on seats touching the cage but that was a car specific problem. The OMP ARS seats were slim as well at the base.

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 14:30
We used the OMP Champ in the 309 where space was limited. Slim base for a padded seat. Main issue was the size of most seat shoulder and head protection on seats touching the cage but that was a car specific problem. The OMP ARS seats were slim as well at the base.

I've got OMP Eco's in at the moment, there can't be much in it?

KamRacing
10th January 2013, 14:43
Theres a massive variation in seat shape and sizing from just one manufacturer.

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 16:09
I found nickheads build, it seems he took the rivets out and removed the big fat plate that straddles the tunnel!

I'll try this first!

deano_123
10th January 2013, 16:59
I found nickheads build, it seems he took the rivets out and removed the big fat plate that straddles the tunnel!

I'll try this first!

thats what i said/ did you douche

MuZiZZle
10th January 2013, 20:20
thats what i said/ did you douche

You said notch it you bender

He just took the plate off

deano_123
11th January 2013, 16:28
You said notch it you bender

He just took the plate off

easier said than done, i tried getting the plate off, couldnt, so cut it up with a grinder

same result

MuZiZZle
11th January 2013, 18:06
easier said than done, i tried getting the plate off, couldnt, so cut it up with a grinder

same result

Yeah, but you're useless

106maxi
12th January 2013, 12:09
Have you looked at Tillett seats? (https://www.tillett.co.uk/shop/shopDisplayCategories.asp?id=9&cat=Car+Racing+Seats)