PDA

View Full Version : Forum Preformance

KOTL_VTS16
11th February 2003, 19:10
This may sound really STUPID, but I have noticed the following:

When I have the Saxperiance site window open at the same time that I have the Forum window open, the preformance of the forum it pretty good. As soon as I close the Saxperience windo and have only the forum window open, the preformance goos down....

I dont know this is just what happens to me....

Simo
11th February 2003, 19:15
Seems odd... but once or twice I have gone to the main site whilst forum has been down.. and it has sometimes seemed to kick start the forum again??

Tech service are looking into it... but theyve only just fixed the fault I reported 2 weeks ago... so I'll have to recode some of the main site to get the admin tools and users online on the main site working again now..

They moved me onto a new server about 10 days ago... i'm guessing im now on a busier server that cant handle the traffic thrown at it..?

Simo'

Scott
11th February 2003, 19:17
you know i have noticed that as well, last week i was doing that and it seemed to make the forum work a whole lot faster

KOTL_VTS16
11th February 2003, 19:20
I guess they will have to move the site to a better server. What servers do they use...SUN, IBM(AS400)?? Or are they Microsoft servers??

Scott
11th February 2003, 20:16
fucking hell for the past half an hour i havent even been able to get onto the site!!!