PDA

View Full Version : 50mm lowering

Hazza17
23rd August 2006, 15:57
can i just put 50mm lowering springs on my 1.4 or is it imperitive that i get uprated shocks and dampers??

anyone on just spprings??

Mystic
23rd August 2006, 16:31
I know of a few people who are just on springs, u will lose any sense of ride comfort though.

It doesnt sound like a healthy long term option to me either.

bullit
23rd August 2006, 16:33
most people go springs because of the cost and they want the looks rather than improving the handling. its your choice really

YM03
23rd August 2006, 16:36
dampers won't last 2 mins and the bang that will come thro the car when you go over anything bigger than a pebble will drive you nuts

Colin
23rd August 2006, 16:36
Im just on springs and down 40mm. Handlings fine but it could be better, Im strutbraced up too though.

saxyVTRsaxo
23rd August 2006, 17:49
yeh you can put 50mm springs on but it is advised to uprate the shocks while your at it. anyway i thought you said in a previous thread that you had already lowered your car but took them off and was wanting to get rid of your furio????

Graeme
23rd August 2006, 17:56
im sure in your thred where you was seling your car you said you had your car lowerd but then un lowerd it?! so you should know what it like!!!

in answer to the question most people suggest you do but im down 60mm all round i do feel every bump but you also feel them in saxos lowerd with the complete kit