PDA

View Full Version : Will my insurance company do this... rep for grabs

saxodan
25th August 2006, 09:54
Right here goes hope i explain this!

Im with RAC and pay £1450 a year for a 1.1 im due to pay the second installment soon and its all ok.

Now i went to Quinn and they said they would insure me for the same price on a VTR so i thought ok cool VTR it is.. but then i went to move with them and i loose my 6 months ncb so in the long run its going to work out more expensive.. :(

Now on a 1.1 they quoted £1100 witch is cheaper than RAC but i lose the ncb again.. can i call RAC and say try and beat or at least match this quote? Will they bargain with me?

Also they are doing roadside cover with the next 35,000 policy's do you think i can haggle this into the deal lol?

Quinn told me to finish the 6 months with RAC (by that time i will be 18) then take out the quote with quinn with 1 years ncb and being 18 it will be much less!

Sorry about the long thread, rep for helpful advice :P

Dan

Mystic
25th August 2006, 09:58
I dont think they will bargain since the policy has already been agreed?

If u declare mods though they are happy to put the premium up for u, so maybe they will lower it if u moan?

Its only a phone call, id say its worth the 5 mins of ur time!

Otherwise, just wait, get ur ncb and jump on the quinn band wagon!
In the meantime u could get looking for a VTR :D:

saxodan
25th August 2006, 09:59
I dont think they will bargain since the policy has already been agreed?

If u declare mods though they are happy to put the premium up for u, so maybe they will lower it if u moan?

Its only a phone call, id say its worth the 5 mins of ur time!

Otherwise, just wait, get ur ncb and jump on the quinn band wagon!

Thanks mystic, will give them a call in a bit a im at work anyway..
I dont have mods so no problems there haha

saxodan
25th August 2006, 10:44
Bump! Anyone else?

starkie
25th August 2006, 10:50
To be honest sit it out!

I changed my policy half way through losing 6 months No claims.

It works out more in the long run.

Just think if you wait 6 more months you can save more for a nicer VTR.

And also have 1 years no claims!

saxodan
25th August 2006, 10:53
To be honest sit it out!

I changed my policy half way through losing 6 months No claims.

It works out more in the long run.

Just think if you wait 6 more months you can save more for a nicer VTR.

And also have 1 years no claims!

Yeaa i know that! Im just wondering if you can haggle with insurance companies saying you have cheaper quotes etc etc

Dave_M
25th August 2006, 11:32
Doubt it mate. Seen as you have already took out the cover. Once you come to renew i dare say if you say you have found such n such price elsewhere they will try and lower theres or throw in freebies to keep you there customer.

saxodan
25th August 2006, 11:33
Doubt it mate. Seen as you have already took out the cover. Once you come to renew i dare say if you say you have found such n such price elsewhere they will try and lower theres or throw in freebies to keep you there customer.

Yeah thats what im doing, well its not renewing its the 6 month payment! Im hoping for a couple of freebies lol or a lower quote would be amazing

SNewham
25th August 2006, 11:37
Yeaa i know that! Im just wondering if you can haggle with insurance companies saying you have cheaper quotes etc etc

At the beginning, before you took out the insurance, you wuld of been able to haggle, sae goes for a renewal.

However, because you are already 6 months through a policy, the only way to change the price of that with RAC is to canel your insurance, pay the excess and then take out a new policy.

Basically, they write into the contract so people can't do that and they have to carry out the 12 months. Best thing to do is carry out the rest of the policy and then try to bargain with RAC to get a lower quote or move over to Quinn.

I'm going to Quinn in October :beer:

saxodan
25th August 2006, 11:45
Charming! First time i ring them ever and i get told there are "technical difficulties" and call back later i asked can you not help me at all and i got the reply "no, bye"
lol what a joke

Dave_M
25th August 2006, 13:02
complain :p might get the free covery anyway. All the calls will be recorded so will have evidence lol.

jonnosaxo87
27th August 2006, 22:40
it's essentially like buying a tshirt from a shop, having it for 6months, seeing it cheaper in a rival shop and asking the original shop for something free/money back. not gonna happen at all