PDA

View Full Version : Whoopsy...

dannyjay
25th August 2006, 14:42
I just found my chamois, last time I used it about 3 weeks ago I must have put it back in the garage wet and its now all moldy and stinks.

I've soaked it through, and put it on the line to dry. I take it thats R.I.P. for my megs chamois? Or can I revive her somehow? Lol.

luisax
25th August 2006, 14:57
I just found my chamois, last time I used it about 3 weeks ago I must have put it back in the garage wet and its now all moldy and stinks.

I've soaked it through, and put it on the line to dry. I take it thats R.I.P. for my megs chamois? Or can I revive her somehow? Lol.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me, accept my chamois had been sitting there for about 6 weeks lol.

I'm gonna go buy a decent chamois or something soon. What would you lot recommend?

Barry123
25th August 2006, 14:58
probably those waffle towels i guess. Losing my patience with the chamois now

dannyjay
25th August 2006, 15:13
Exactly the same thing has happened to me, accept my chamois had been sitting there for about 6 weeks lol.

I'm gonna go buy a decent chamois or something soon. What would you lot recommend?

Mine was the 16£ Meguiars chamois! :(

PolishedBliss: What do you recommend to use to dry my car? Cheers. :Y:

James
25th August 2006, 15:52
Use a waffle towel mate... allo less hassle and seam to glide over the paint work rather than rub.

dannyjay
25th August 2006, 15:52
Where can I get a waffle towel?

James
25th August 2006, 15:54
Polished bliss or halfords, megs sell a waffle towel, its 12 pounds.

dannyjay
25th August 2006, 15:54
I'll have to get my self one. Cheers matey. :)

VTaaRon
25th August 2006, 16:00
use a dish squeegy can get a pack of five for about £1 and a supermarket good enough to dry china can do the job on the car like a material version of paper towels i find them wicked to use and at that price it doesnt matter what you do with them after

djjoney
25th August 2006, 17:32
get one of the megs water magnets i think there about 12 squid

kcsaxo
25th August 2006, 18:01
or some bog role for serious slurpage :)

PolishedBliss
25th August 2006, 18:12
£8.95 for Poorboy's Waffle Weave Towel, all I use to dry off, they work very well and are very easy to look after. No more wringing out with these towels, you can do the whole car without wringing out once. :)

PS - Pat drying is recommended, as it takes no longer to do, but really cuts down on the chances of inflicting towel marks (which eventually lead to the appearance of swirls). :)