PDA

View Full Version : My Paintwork

Chris_VTS
25th August 2006, 21:54
hi, the vts hasnt been washed or polished fora while and the paintwork has gone dull and needs really brightening up. do you guys jknow what the best thing to use is? it really needs a good scrub because its all kinda "gritty" feeling if you like. Any help massively appreciated. Cheers.

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 21:55
Hi welcome to General chat.

Please post in the car care section

Chris_VTS
25th August 2006, 21:56
thanks for sarcasm

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 21:57
No problem

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 21:58
Sections are in place to get the best possible advice.

People who know there shit about each section hang around there.

The sections are here to benift you.

Wuld you rather have 10 replys in 10mins with shit info about wank products? or have 5 replys in an hour with details on best products and how to use them....

Luke
25th August 2006, 21:58
Ignore Leckie, time of month.

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 21:59
Ignore Leckie, time of month.

See what i mean....A post that has no help what so ever.... Gen chat is full of spam. Dedicated sections tend to be straight to the point with good info.

But thanks for the understanding

Martsax
25th August 2006, 22:00
Get the bucket and sponge out you willy.And possably some wax type formulay with many chemicals inside.Or get your paintbrushes out :)

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 22:00
and other.

See you get my point.

Start a new thread in the correct section for the best advice dude.

Chris_VTS
25th August 2006, 22:02
any1 got any good points to make?

Mitchell
25th August 2006, 22:04
ohh just noticed its been moved to the right section lol no spam! my bad.

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 22:05
Recently i did this..

Washed the car.
Claybar
Washed the car.
1 2 3 stage with Meguires.
All back to black on rubstips and tyres.
Autosol on the exhaust.
Autoglyn window polish

Results where good altho photos dont help, neither do dark wheels

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/DannyBoyLeckie/Saxperience/10%20Sax-P%20Yorkshire%20Lam%20200806/DSCF0614.jpg

Yates
25th August 2006, 22:08
clay bar mate meguirs stuff (sp) its abot 12 quid

get some nice auto gym wax, super resin, few applicator pads and a terry towel to wipe it all off

job done

Mitchell
25th August 2006, 22:09
that is such a nice car! think am gonna get into all this cleaning business once my car is sorted!

i would squirt the car with a hose first aswell if u have one, to get all the crap off...

Clouds_mate
25th August 2006, 22:10
atm its crap free so all good.

that picture was after a quick wash i did the products about a month before and its still looks mint afer a wash.

Im not into all the cleaning stuff just like to have the car clean. The Hoes love it

Chris_VTS
25th August 2006, 22:59
so will that remove the dullness and grittyness and return it to shiney?

Chris_VTS
25th August 2006, 23:01
cheers mr yates

hesslevtr
26th August 2006, 06:03
wash
dry
clay bar
wash again
dry
polish
wax

job done

clay bar is what you need for removal of gritness

Chris_VTS
26th August 2006, 10:57
sound mate. can u explain exactly what the clay bar is?

kcsaxo
26th August 2006, 12:04
if you can imagine sweeping your hand over a kitchen worktop to get some breadcrumbs off, there are still going to be some left. if you used blue tak to get the rest off the crumbs cling onto it.

so basically in terms of car cleaning, your hand is the sponge that gets most crap off, and the clay is the blue tak that picks the rest up :)

Chris_VTS
26th August 2006, 13:25
cheers dude

PolishedBliss
29th August 2006, 12:17
I would wash the car thoroughly, then clay it to remove the bonded crap that is making feel gritty, then go with the Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic system. This gives awesome results on light metallics. The first step is to use Prime, as this product further cleanses the paint and lays down a tough coat of acrylic protection. I would also use Acrylic Glos (quick detailer) to help loosen the Prime residue, as it can be hard to remove. I would then apply multiple coats of Acrylic Jett Trigger, which is a pure spray sealant - very easy to use, great results, massive durability. Hope that helps!

Chris_VTS
29th August 2006, 14:56
thanks mate. should i also use a wax afterwards or not? Would i get any sort of discount ordering online and being a member of sax-p?

PolishedBliss
29th August 2006, 15:18
No need for a wax topper, silver actually looks a lot better when finished with a pure sealant and no wax - it's the only way to get decent reflections. The online prices are already discounted, so no extra discounts available I'm afraid.