PDA

View Full Version : Too Low!

saxi_boi
28th August 2006, 17:12
Hi, my car is lowered on to the bump stops at the rear. I want to bring it up!!!

I've tried my hardest to remove the plate covers over the anti roll bar and its pretty much impossible. anyone got any suggestions on how to get these covers off so i can actually get at the antiroll bar and the splines around it?

cheers
Tony

Scott
28th August 2006, 17:47
just move the plates up out the way no need to remove the roll bar

Johnno
28th August 2006, 21:04
so how low is it?

williamsvts
28th August 2006, 21:08
you cant move the plates without removing the ARB, its fits into them on splines.

to remove your rear ARB take out a bolt from the top of your rear damper.
then remove the drivers side ARB plate bolt.
then take out the rubber screw from the middle of the passenger side ARB.
screw the damper bolt into ths hole and it will push your ARB out the drivers side.

DarylVTR
29th August 2006, 00:09
i dont understand the problem like scott said its just 2 13mm bolts and they push it upwards to reveal the torsion bar torx head bolts. Piece of piss, no need to remove the plates or antiroll bar!

saxi_boi
31st August 2006, 07:05
cheers 4 the replies guys, i couldn't remove the anti roll bar. they wer both stuck in well bad! that's y i posted on here. every site i've been onto say u need to remove the anti roll bari didn't see the need to wen i saw that the actual torsion bar was next to it. anyone kno the reason for havin to take the anti roll bar out??

my car is 85mm at the rear on koni torsion bar and anti roll bar

cheers again.

Tony

Scott
31st August 2006, 08:28
it can give more clearance when removing the bars but you dont have to take it out.

saxi_boi
31st August 2006, 10:05
I See, Cheers Buddy

l1ukeRS
31st August 2006, 15:46
use a slide hammer to pull it out if u cant move it, i removed mine when i lowered mine, but i was just curious lol

saxi_boi
1st September 2006, 11:05
i wanna do it perfect so...... i'll buy a slide hammer like it says in my instructions!! lol cheers again

williamsvts
1st September 2006, 11:35
you have koni torsion bars and ARBs????

l1ukeRS
1st September 2006, 12:51
was thinkin that too

Robb
1st September 2006, 16:03
There's no such thing as too low...

Nathan
1st September 2006, 19:37
There's no such thing as too low...

that would be true but you may find after going "low" that the body works is on the ground before the wheels are :P

pure_sax
1st September 2006, 22:04
i got an idea go to a garage and let them sort it out