PDA

View Full Version : My new Nazi Wagon - C220 AMG Sport Plus

Viper
3rd March 2014, 21:22
Morning homos.

Thought I'd put up some photos now I have some decent ones of my own. I had had the Fiesta for almost 5 years and although it was still good fun it wasn't giving anywhere near enough MPG than I needed.

On with the replacement! Excuse the filth, it rained the day I got it and didn't realise it got that dirty :oops:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/12913059053_e15b4ac96a_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/12912958385_7c3fe91b70_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3796/12913052093_888668c256_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7420/12912960635_d2032590d5_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2849/12912952985_fe9569ca90_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7425/12913061563_e42c5cd316_b.jpg

Mochachino
3rd March 2014, 21:25
Smart mate, very nice! I really like the C220 with the AMG bits.

Not sure if the name C220 works the same way as BMW does that mean 2.2? If not what engine size, and how is your MPG now?

Javi
3rd March 2014, 21:27
Very nice !!

Cal
3rd March 2014, 21:52
Nice hearse weenerschnitzel.

Dany4494
3rd March 2014, 21:54
No need to be racist

Viper
3rd March 2014, 22:31
Smart mate, very nice! I really like the C220 with the AMG bits.

Not sure if the name C220 works the same way as BMW does that mean 2.2? If not what engine size, and how is your MPG now?

Thanks DannyB! I love them with the AMG kit on, without it they look like old man barges.

Works near enough like that but I think it's classed as a 2.1. My standard to work is about 45mpg. That's on a speed up/slow down single lane A road. I've had 50mpg from one run though.

It's a win win really. More economical, comfier, faster and more practical than the Fester.

No need to be racist

Who's being racist?

Jamie
3rd March 2014, 22:40
It looks nice and respectable. I quite like Mercs, not sure I'd want a manual though for something like that.

I bet it is nice and comfortable especially on long journeys!

mattknight1984
4th March 2014, 08:04
Do you have a family? Nice car - I'd love something like that for trips to the south of France but I have 2 kids.

D4MJT
4th March 2014, 08:22
It looks nice and respectable. I quite like Mercs, not sure I'd want a manual though for something like that.

It's automatic by the looks of the shifter dude :y:

It's tidy that, however I think the wheels are awful :( I think they might suit it better if they were all silver rather than black inset bits? Sort of like the new GT86, the standard wheels are 'argh' but they look completely different sprayed completely silver!

Matty_VTR
4th March 2014, 09:47
Nice knob Tom

Mochachino
4th March 2014, 15:19
Thanks DannyB! I love them with the AMG kit on, without it they look like old man barges.

Works near enough like that but I think it's classed as a 2.1. My standard to work is about 45mpg. That's on a speed up/slow down single lane A road. I've had 50mpg from one run though.

It's a win win really. More economical, comfier, faster and more practical than the Fester.

I agree, it has to have the AMG kit. Decent MPG from a larger car too. Will look good with roof rack bars and your bike on it :) lol

In the past few years ive swayed towards Mercedes much more than the other German manufactures, everything they do looks good. Not a single model that doesnt look good, where as ford and vauxhall are not as consistent, far from it.

In fact, im finding that all manufactures that are not German or some Japanese seem as though they are trying too hard as though they are trying to over compensate for something and tend to look tacky, like the 1000watt Argos hifis with 68 buttons on and 13 disc CD changers.

The German cars are all keeping a more mature look whilst also looking quite aggressive. The little hatch keeps catching my eyes, they look like a pure AMG model, however the ones I see are not even top of the range. Really good looking cars.

chompy
4th March 2014, 15:53
I think you just wanted to show off. That's one hell of an expensive car

L33h
4th March 2014, 15:55
That's a old mans car! Its nice tho :)

MuZiZZle
4th March 2014, 19:08
I hope you're leasing this!!!!!

ed-bradley
4th March 2014, 19:14
Drivers rear tyre looks thin on tread. Has someone been doing open diff one wheel roundabout skids?

MuZiZZle
4th March 2014, 19:32
The father in law just traded in his flying spur to get an........A Class!

After less than 1000 miles he's decided it's not for him, he'd specc'd the tits of it, it had the automatic parking and all of that jazz, the depreciation was mind boggling!

Viper
4th March 2014, 22:45

Nah it's not a manual. For any of the alternatives I was looking at I would have got a manual. Automatic was the only way to go with this. It has a manual mode with steering wheel paddles though so you don't lose all control of it.

Do you have a family? Nice car - I'd love something like that for trips to the south of France but I have 2 kids.

Nope, no family (unless parents count?). Big cars are practical, I got sick of dismantling my bikes to get them in the Fiesta. They go straight into this.

It's automatic by the looks of the shifter dude :y:

It's tidy that, however I think the wheels are awful :( I think they might suit it better if they were all silver rather than black inset bits? Sort of like the new GT86, the standard wheels are 'argh' but they look completely different sprayed completely silver!

Interesting you think that about the wheels. I wouldn't have had one without them :p I think it makes it look a bit different than an old man barge.

I agree, it has to have the AMG kit. Decent MPG from a larger car too. Will look good with roof rack bars and your bike on it :) lol

The German cars are all keeping a more mature look whilst also looking quite aggressive. The little hatch keeps catching my eyes, they look like a pure AMG model, however the ones I see are not even top of the range. Really good looking cars.

The A45AMG is incredible. I'd love to drive one!! One thing I don't like that Merc are doing at the moment is with their screens. They look like an afterthought and they have glued an iPad on the dash.

Not sure about a roof rack for the bikes. I don't like the idea of dropping the bike and scratching the car. Might get a detachable towbar and get a towbar mounted bike rack.

I think you just wanted to show off. That's one hell of an expensive car

Is everyone else in this section showing off too?

That's a old mans car! Its nice tho :)

That's what most people at work have said! hahaha

I hope you're leasing this!!!!!

Nope.
The father in law just traded in his flying spur to get an........A Class!

After less than 1000 miles he's decided it's not for him, he'd specc'd the tits of it, it had the automatic parking and all of that jazz, the depreciation was mind boggling!

Shit that's a big change!! Any idea what he's going for next?

Drivers rear tyre looks thin on tread. Has someone been doing open diff one wheel roundabout skids?

Nah the tyres are all ok. It does go sideways, although I certainly won't be making a habit of it.

MuZiZZle
4th March 2014, 22:50
Re the in law, a LEAF!!!!

LOL

Viper
4th March 2014, 22:56
Fuck off, no way.

Flying Spur - A45AMG - Leaf!?

MuZiZZle
4th March 2014, 22:57
yeah, but it wasn't the AMG, just a stupid spec 2.2 derv

next I predict a mobility scooter, then a pogo stick

Brumy_pete
4th March 2014, 23:15
very nice car mate never used to like mercs but after driving a rented b class i feel in love with them

Viper
4th March 2014, 23:19
yeah, but it wasn't the AMG, just a stupid spec 2.2 derv

next I predict a mobility scooter, then a pogo stick

I love the A Class so much. If I was looking for another hatchback chances are I would have got one. Only with the AMG kit on though. It's like a Golf, but better.

Pogo stick sounds like it would be too much fun.

L33h
5th March 2014, 09:38
Im in 2 minds about the A class. I like the back end but im not keen on the front, its too big imo

Manwhore
6th March 2014, 15:07
Lovely mate

LSOfreak
6th March 2014, 21:25
looks awfully like a hearse in black :S

Yates
7th March 2014, 15:31
Need a murdering

qrty
7th March 2014, 16:25
Need a murdering

Agreed :y:

Viper
10th March 2014, 21:46
Im in 2 minds about the A class. I like the back end but im not keen on the front, its too big imo

The standard specs can be hit and miss sometimes but I love the AMG Sport models every time.

looks awfully like a hearse in black :S

Perfect for my corpse collection :y:

D4MJT
10th March 2014, 21:49
The standard specs can be hit and miss sometimes but I love the AMG Sport models every time.

I think that's the problem with current merc offerings. They have no merc sport name as such, and the AMG brand is being sullied with body kits and styling packs.

You used to see an AMG badge and it meant proper power, nowadays it's a rim package, suspension drop and diesel engine :(

Viper
10th March 2014, 22:49
I think that's the problem with current merc offerings. They have no merc sport name as such, and the AMG brand is being sullied with body kits and styling packs.

You used to see an AMG badge and it meant proper power, nowadays it's a rim package, suspension drop and diesel engine :(

I know what you mean, very similar to how BMW have gone with the M Sport stuff. They don't throw the AMG badge on the back unless it actually is one though.

Rob-6
25th March 2014, 14:55
Very nice car they are doing really good deals on these at the moment with the new model coming out.

Viper
20th April 2014, 17:43
Took the Merc out this morning and gave it a proper drive out over the moors with a group from Piston Heads.

It's mental what it can do for a diesel estate, I was amazed by it!

MuZiZZle
20th April 2014, 19:47
Took the Merc out this morning and gave it a proper drive out over the moors with a group from Piston Heads.

It's mental what it can do for a diesel estate, I was amazed by it!

Did you just get back?

I wanted to go!