PDA

View Full Version : Dan's Civic EK4, Engine Built !

Dany4494
11th March 2014, 16:25
Finally got round to getting a new car, 5 hour roundtrip to wales.

Spec:

B16a2 dyno'd at 162.9 bhp before decat and exhaust.

Tegiwa whale penis induction.
Jamsa 4-2-1 manifold.
Skunk2 decat system manifold back.
Uprated fuel rail and fpr
LSD from factory

Strut brace
Fully polybushed suspension also engine and gearbox mounts.
40mm lowering springs.
Green stuff pads all around.

Ek9 rear lights
Ek9 front and rear lips
Ek9 grill
Rear tints
Factory leather interior

Nice healthy engine 100k serviced regular piles of recipts cambelt, water pump, tensioner done at 85k, gearbox mint no crunches nice and tight just had a clutch 2k ago.

Not perfect body wise scabby on one arch, little crack in front splitter, wheels are badly sprayed and wind delectors are not to my taste gonna get a new ones.

Few plans:

Lights refururb kit - DONE
New wind deflectors
New Wheels - DONE
Rear light seal - DONE
Maybe a new spoiler - DONE
Do rear arches - DONE
Tidy bodywork up -1/2 way there
Jap plates - DONE
needs a diet
Carbon bonnet - DONE
Carbon spoiler - DONR

Couple of pics from last night not the best ill get some better ones at the weekend.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/ajyqepa5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/dyqyzeru.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/eje4yres.jpg

PastyVTR
11th March 2014, 16:31
Looks pretty nice, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking ?

Dany4494
11th March 2014, 16:38
Looks pretty nice, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking ?

It was advertised for 2.2k ended up paying 1.8k pretty happy really amout of shitters I went to look at it was nice to find a honest guy.

Nik_L
11th March 2014, 19:06
Looks no bad and will probably hold its monies.

But it aint no turbo motor you wanted, and from experience, they are not all that quick.

Dany4494
11th March 2014, 19:23
Looks no bad and will probably hold its monies.

But it aint no turbo motor you wanted, and from experience, they are not all that quick.

Aye couldn't find a decent turbo motor that was okay on insurance and yeah not the fastest car but fast enough will be on RR at end of the month with uprated fuel rail fpr and full exhaust system hoping for around 170 pretty resonable I think its a healthy engine it needs mapping ideally.

Giraffe
11th March 2014, 20:08
Surprised you can afford to insure this with all the mods but can't insure a turbo...

Prickle
11th March 2014, 20:17
Whats the difference between this engine and the one out of the old EP Civic?

Dany4494
12th March 2014, 06:49
Surprised you can afford to insure this with all the mods but can't insure a turbo...

No one would touch me, then I found brentacre for modified cars and they are almost a £1000 cheaper than sky or flux.

Whats the difference between this engine and the one out of the old EP Civic?

Old one was a d16 sohc 110bhp, this one is b16 dohc 160bhp that's it really mate.

Gandi699
12th March 2014, 09:42
I for one am surprised you've gone for something this modified when you outlined you had problems insuring other performance cars in the past.
This silver civic is a lot better than the old one though!

Dany4494
12th March 2014, 10:49
I for one am surprised you've gone for something this modified when you outlined you had problems insuring other performance cars in the past.
This silver civic is a lot better than the old one though!

Yeah I would recommend brentacre to anyone they are really good for insuring modified cars and yeah alot better than the old one.

Dany4494
12th March 2014, 18:14
Few better daylight pics will get decent ones at weekend also fixed rear light seal cleaned and greased it up no leaking now :D also took the little arch covers off the rear arches that's where the water collects up that's why they rust, and bought a headlight restoration kit will do that tomorow.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/13/6era4u9a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/13/dudagany.jpg

Dany4494
13th March 2014, 18:22
Used a meguiars headlight restoration kit they look alot clearer now.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/arymuvuj.jpg

Dany4494
19th March 2014, 22:05
Bought jap plates, new bulbs - interior, exterior, got everything ready for a full service at weekend and going to get arches in primer tomorow night at work, on + side smoked a mate in his jp4 quicksilver and another lad I know in a 2.0 8v corsa b all on private roads of course.

Bedford126
19th March 2014, 22:21
Bought jap plates, new bulbs - interior, exterior, got everything ready for a full service at weekend and going to get arches in primer tomorow night at work, on + side smoked a mate in his jp4 quicksilver and another lad I know in a 2.0 8v corsa b all on private roads of course.

Oh dear.

Prickle
19th March 2014, 22:22
Oh dear.

We agree on somethng then. lol

Dany4494
19th March 2014, 22:23
What's the oh dear me doing the arches or been a knob racing or both ?

Dany4494
19th March 2014, 22:35

Edit: opened a right can of shit here awaiting abuse......

martin1985
20th March 2014, 09:49
Not bad 1.8k for EK4, that evo looks good in the 1st pic :y: what's the difference between these and the EK9 apart from the bhp?

Jamie
20th March 2014, 10:54

Smoked them did you

http://www.fishfanatics.co.uk/dynimage/product-93-standard-640x480.jpg

I think that grill should be a stock one, bar that looks aite.

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 11:16
Just like that salmon and your first person to comment on grill I got a standard one too dont even know what it looks like tbh.

Nik_L
20th March 2014, 12:24
Tbf though, having the legs on a 2.0 8v Corsa is no great feat, they aren't all that quick. Could be the 115bhp 8v.

Try the same with an XE Corsa. The outcome won't be the same.

Jamie
20th March 2014, 12:46
Just like that salmon and your first person to comment on grill I got a standard one too dont even know what it looks like tbh.

It's Mackerel lol.

Stock one looks better imo, I don't really like cars being debadged from the front, but it's one of those horses for courses things,

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 12:57
Tbf though, having the legs on a 2.0 8v Corsa is no great feat, they aren't all that quick. Could be the 115bhp 8v.

Try the same with an XE Corsa. The outcome won't be the same.

Yeah think it was 130bhp tbf the 106 put up a much better fight than the corsa and my mates got xe nova and its pointless racing really only advantage I have is he breaks down every day with different sensors and it doesn't go around bends.

Gandi699
20th March 2014, 13:06
Im surprised the jp4 quick silver wasnt closer, but then again he could be running the mild cam jp4 and the long ratio 1.4 gearbox.
8v corsa lol, was that even a standard engine in a corsa at some point?

Nik_L
20th March 2014, 14:06
No, the biggest petrol engine in the Corsa B was a 1.6 16v. They can be made to be on par with a 2.0 8v with just a few select mods.

Your mates Nova must be a bit of a bodge then as a) the XE will still run well enough to pish on a Civic VTi when a sensor fails. There isn't that many that go wrong and b) they can be made to handle well if the right parts are fitted during the conversion, which on most good converted cars, are done from the go.

Gandi699
20th March 2014, 14:15
begs the question why you'd put a 2.0l 8v in.
also aren't jp4'd 106s supposed to be capable of keeping up with 182s and ep3s? lol

Nik_L
20th March 2014, 14:21
Ive never understood it either. Its the same amount of work to fit it (conversion parts etc) as it is to fit a 2.0 16v. You can pick up an XE engine with conversion parts for about £500 these days. The 2.0 8v is a cheaper engine to buy compared to the XE, but its old, and dosn't sound great, and aren't quick. They are good to turbocharge on the cheap though.

For an extra couple hundred quid, you could drop in an XE which would piss all over an 8v.

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 14:44
Im surprised the jp4 quick silver wasnt closer, but then again he could be running the mild cam jp4 and the long ratio 1.4 gearbox.
8v corsa lol, was that even a standard engine in a corsa at some point?

it was neck and neck till about 70 then when I hit 3rd just gradually pulled 3-4 car lengths then just kept pulling.

No, the biggest petrol engine in the Corsa B was a 1.6 16v. They can be made to be on par with a 2.0 8v with just a few select mods.

Your mates Nova must be a bit of a bodge then as a) the XE will still run well enough to pish on a Civic VTi when a sensor fails. There isn't that many that go wrong and b) they can be made to handle well if the right parts are fitted during the conversion, which on most good converted cars, are done from the go.

Think it was a bodge job tbh he paid 1k for it its fast really fast but only in straight line when it's not broke its been riddled with electrical faults from day one, yeah dicks all over me, its a nova van must weigh only 800kg at a guess.

stevo1600
20th March 2014, 17:46
begs the question why you'd put a 2.0l 8v in.
also aren't jp4'd 106s supposed to be capable of keeping up with 182s and ep3s? lol

can indeed. neck and neck with an ep3 until around 80-90mph.

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 17:48
can indeed. neck and neck with an ep3 until around 80-90mph.

One I dicked must of been a dog then.

Prickle
20th March 2014, 17:52
Must of been, lol. What box was the quicksilver using?

stevo1600
20th March 2014, 17:59
maybe dude - to many factors to take into account car vs car drag.

I do have a soft spot for these, and this one looks pretty tidy.

these are pretty quick to ;)

k20swap soon? lol

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 18:04
box from a gti by all accounts seems like a good conversion tbh its got big brake conversion its basically a a gti chassis and running gear plonked with a quicksilver shell with a ahit exhaust.

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 18:15
maybe dude - to many factors to take into account car vs car drag.

I do have a soft spot for these, and this one looks pretty tidy.

these are pretty quick to ;)

k20swap soon? lol

Yeah I recon as it stands a decent vts/gti would be neck and neck but think I would have the legs at topend.

I'd love to k20 it but dont have 5k sitting around I think im going to run this engine till it dies then b18c4 boosted looking at up to 400bhp on standard internals a guy i met at a meet is running 320bhp and has done 40k since his turbo conversion hassle free just maintenance.

Dany4494
20th March 2014, 18:47
Just got rear jap plate on just realised i should of bought 13x7 instead of 12x6 not sure if I like it yet and shit that tape is strong took the paint off a tiny bit so ill paint that Saturday with arches, going to do front one tomorow because it's got this stupud black surround drilled in to bumper and its cold and horrible, then there's a big meet Sunday so should be some decent dslr pictures.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/6u5yvejy.jpg

Dany4494
22nd March 2014, 21:58
Just done a full service filters, oil, pcv valve, plugs used that millers nanodrive fully synthetic thats supposed to give better protection and performance over other oils it feels abit more perky but I put that down to the service in genral not the oil, got front jap plate on too and managed to get rear arch done and painted also just spent £75 quid on autoglym detailing products so that's tomorows job.

Meet tomorrow pics to follow.

Dany4494
23rd March 2014, 16:32
Big meet tonight just spent 3 hours detailing inside and out not bad I wouldn't say the autoglym super resin polish and sealer is one of the best I have ever used just need a quick detailer now if anyone could recommend one ?

A mate usually brings a decent camera to meets so should be some better pictures tomorow hopefully.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/myryby8a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/ebemypu9.jpg

jones91
23rd March 2014, 17:20
Car looks nice mate, defo heading in the right direction :y:

I use meguiars quick detailer and have always got decent results from it so haven't tried anything else

Only other thing I'd say is £ for Bhp skunk2 inlet, cams and cam gears with standalone management, hondata s300 etc probs won't be worth it on a b16, personally I think you'd be best off putting the b18c4 engine in or if your really digging deep into pockets then b18c6

Prickle
23rd March 2014, 19:28
how bad was the arch? any after pics on it?

martin1985
23rd March 2014, 19:44
the car is looking good :y:

Dany4494
23rd March 2014, 23:34
Meet was good we had a good convoy of local lads going down couple of glanza's , s14, couple of ek9's, eg6, micra, evo,ep3's and me, dopey mate forgot his camera so no good pictures im going to borrow his camera and get decent one's at some point this week, went to a guys private road after and speedo was pointing vertical down I know speedos arnt 100% but still impressed then when I let off my exhaust decided to spit rest of the baffles in the silencer so glowing hot embers were shooting out of the back looked cool haha.

Car looks nice mate, defo heading in the right direction :y:

I use meguiars quick detailer and have always got decent results from it so haven't tried anything else

Only other thing I'd say is £ for Bhp skunk2 inlet, cams and cam gears with standalone management, hondata s300 etc probs won't be worth it on a b16, personally I think you'd be best off putting the b18c4 engine in or if your really digging deep into pockets then b18c6

Cheers man and ever heard of optimum car wax think I might go for that?, b18c4 if I was going for boost or maybe try find b16b or b18c6 not sure yet happy with the power atm need to get it rr will be happy if its still got every bit of its original power should have was up on last rr without decat and exhaust.

how bad was the arch? any after pics on it?

just was abit scabby once I got it flatted back luckily it wasn't pitted so it came up good and managed to fade rear quater in pretty good not perfect can kinda see a lacquer line but most off it buffed out.

Thats what it looked like before don't have a after picture.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/24/dy3a4u8a.jpg

the car is looking good :y:

Thanks man.

jones91
23rd March 2014, 23:52
Cheers man and ever heard of optimum car wax think I might go for that?, b18c4 if I was going for boost or maybe try find b16b or b18c6 not sure yet happy with the power atm need to get it rr will be happy if its still got every bit of its original power should have was up on last rr without decat and exhaust

I've never heard of it before tbh no, wax wise I use meguiars caranuba wax which is a paste and about £20 a tub on eBay, again never had issues with it so never really thought about using something else

If your sticking with the b16a then ek9 or dc2 cams both fit and give half decent gains, but whatever route you go down you'll probs spend a lot of money for not a lot of gains as honda parts are mostly silly expensive

You thought much about the suspension side of things? Decent set of coilovers, tyres, front and rear camber arms and full geo setup will probs see a lot more fun for your money than engine parts will tbh

Dany4494
24th March 2014, 10:08
I've never heard of it before tbh no, wax wise I use meguiars caranuba wax which is a paste and about £20 a tub on eBay, again never had issues with it so never really thought about using something else

If your sticking with the b16a then ek9 or dc2 cams both fit and give half decent gains, but whatever route you go down you'll probs spend a lot of money for not a lot of gains as honda parts are mostly silly expensive

You thought much about the suspension side of things? Decent set of coilovers, tyres, front and rear camber arms and full geo setup will probs see a lot more fun for your money than engine parts will tbh

Yeah thats the problem parts arnt cheap but atm tegiwa induction this whale don't rate it and will probably do timing belt at 120k just to be safe and get cams in it them plenty of time to decide what I want to put in.

And suspension wise its on 40mm springs atm and fully polybushed all around with greenstuff pads and vented disks and handles okay but camber arms and a geo set up is something I have thought about and not sure what tyres to go for.

Nik_L
24th March 2014, 11:47
When you say vertical down, are you implying that the needle was sitting where 160mph would be (if the numbers wen't up that far).

Dany4494
24th March 2014, 11:59
When you say vertical down, are you implying that the needle was sitting where 160mph would be (if the numbers wen't up that far).

My mate took a picture its blury but you can see needle ill get him to send me it and upload it later it was nearly vertical haha not sure what speed would be.

Edit: picture is propper shit but you can see that the needle is off the clock and before I let off it was about 28minuets past if you was looking at a clock.
http://i59.tinypic.com/9a2qdl.jpg

Picture doesnt look that bad on my phone its shit but not that shit I dont know why its uploading fuzzy.

Dany4494
25th March 2014, 16:30
Couple of pictures (need to invest in a decent camera) still looking shiny after 300 miles and beaded quite well with the super resin polish and extra gloss protection only problem is when its all polished you see little blemishes that need sorting out also didn't give the depth or the wet look I want but it's quite hard with a silver car read good things about dodo juice light fantastic so bought a tub of that and also bought a quick detailer called optimum car wax people seem to rave about it on detailing forums, debating if I should bite the bullet and buy a tegiwa/mugen induction can't find one second hand or a replica also not sure if I should strip it and think im going to get the inserts sprayed black on my spare lights and stick em in a see if I like it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/9asu9upu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/e9e6ehyh.jpg

jones91
26th March 2014, 19:55
Yeah camber arms & alignment is definitely something I'd look into, could probably get the arms 2nd hand for 120ish and alignment is about 60, would be the best £180 you'd spend to notice a difference

Btw I'm selling my tegiwa mugen rep enclosed box off my dc2, apparently fits ek from what I've read up ;)

Dany4494
26th March 2014, 21:11
Yeah deffo going to be looking in to it and sound how much do you want for it and it got silicone elbow with it ?

Dany4494
30th March 2014, 18:46
Had another little detailing session on the car again just washed it and used a quick detailer called optimum car wax pretty good stuff everyone on detailing forums raves about it also clayed the bonnet and boot will use the dodo wax in a few weeks, think im going to invest in a new smooth front bumper with lip and respray the back one lots of stone chips looks scruffy, got my spare set of lights split so they should be black this week al some point and some pictures but its crying for a set of wheels going to get some this month.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/7azanaqe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/uqe7y2eb.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/a9emyqyt.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/uhavaza2.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/ysuzu8ys.jpg

Dany4494
4th April 2014, 16:25
Wheels arived today so went down to see my mate who works in a tyre place got a good price on some toyo proxes t1r just waiting on spiggot rings then they will be going on.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/mydu9e7a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/zavasyba.jpg

Dany4494
10th April 2014, 20:43
New wheels finally on after a lot of fucking about few pics with my mates eg on my old wheels will be getting a full detailing session at weekend and going to paint inserts of lights keep putting it off, and thinking of gloss black bump strips to break up the blob of silver it is atm.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/aheta2uz.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/umerasad.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/ta6ubu9a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/y8ejumuv.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/2ubaze7a.jpg

Opinions/criticism welcome.

Jizanthapus
10th April 2014, 22:07
How come they changed colour after you put tyres on?

Dany4494
11th April 2014, 05:39
Haha I was wondering that too they looked gunmetal but they actually supposed to be bronze.

martin1985
11th April 2014, 07:20
the wheels also look like they have shrunk since tyres got fitted lol. good work though :y:

Dany4494
13th April 2014, 16:24
Not much progress really got 4 wheel alignment done while I was underneath I noticed both cv boots are split so that's next weeks job over bank holiday along with getting rid of ugly hole in bumper and the crack and spray bumper hopefully, bought a disklok crook lock seen a few pikey looking characters sniffing around my car recently so just more of a deterrent really but supposed to be the best you can get, also had a detailing session today but forgot to clay it doh anyway used Ag shampoo-tar remover-ag sr polish- dodo light fantastic was what a bastard to put on found it very difficult to apply anyone dodo users tips for me ?

Few pics found the light fantastic to have a warmer shine more wetter looking to it making it look lighter rather than the ag egp seemed to give a darker more reflective shine, not sure what I prefer yet see how durable dodo is.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/y2a5ysub.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/azajupug.jpg

Dany4494
27th April 2014, 21:17
Not much been going on really interior is provisionaly sold took a deposit went to a meet got a picture in petrol station, selling bits putting it back to standard, want something rwd jap obv.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/6yhy6aze.jpg

While I was there saw one of the nicest saxo's I ever seen really smart don't know belongs to someone on here ?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/e3egumyr.jpg

This was pretty special mint.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/sarehyzy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/8u2asapu.jpg

Giraffe
28th April 2014, 08:40
Saxo used to be Mr_N's, but is now owned by someone with the username -Chris- I think it is. http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462321

That MG looks amazing.

Dany4494
28th April 2014, 08:45
Saxo used to be Mr_N's, but is now owned by someone with the username -Chris- I think it is. http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462321

That MG looks amazing.

Ahh just had a read through that saxo thread you could tell from looking at it that it has been done to the highest standards, and that mg the condition was like it had just rolled off the production line.

Dany4494
26th May 2014, 17:10
Changed my mind like I do all the time keeping it got carbon bonnet and spoiler on, waiting on a local lad to get back to me with the cost of a wrap gloss red or white undecided really opinions ?

Also burning a little oil on overrun think it's valve stem seals compression is fine 210 across the board so I bought, valve stem seals, piston rings, head gasket kit, timing belt water pump etc various seals for the engine might as well do it well its in bits, then she's fresh for a turbo setup ;).

Will get some nice pictures tomorow going to give a full detail and standard airbox is going back on.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/27/e2u2ahum.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/27/uzu4uzeh.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/27/ydenabe2.jpg

Dany4494
27th May 2014, 17:22
All this shit came out.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/etuqy9u5.jpg

Looks much cleaner and roomy in the bay needs a turbo to fill thr gap :P , also did away with the whale dick imo its shit made up a cold feed for standard airbox not as much heat soak really notice after been sat in traffic and between 1k-4k.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/re7yzugy.jpg

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 15:42
Little update set up the lights so they are usdm at the front thanks to boltsbolts.co.uk can't really tell picture is too bright and also spayed grille black

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/14/ajehu7ez.jpg

All engine rebuild parts arrived minus a few that should be here this week then its getting rebuilt this weekend, then ill start buying booost parts every month but been offered a won wet nitrous kit 60 shot for a decent price so that throws a spanner in to the works hmmm......

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/14/tyse9avy.jpg

Also started smoothing the bumpstrips on the bumpers and fiberglassing the big hole in the bumper and fixing the cracked splitter getting a full respray in 2k battleship grey :D will be prepping it over next few weeks and then will be painted when my dads not too busy should look along something along these lines.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/14/u4u7u3e5.jpg

Also gone off my wheels so im looking for a second hand set of rota slips.

Prickle
14th June 2014, 18:13
Doing the door shuts etc?

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 18:53
Doing the door shuts etc?
Won't be me painting my dad owns a bodyshop/garage so it will be door shuts,boot, inner wings just not engine bay everything else.

Prickle
14th June 2014, 18:55
How long for that? Looks nice the colour

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 19:25
How long for that? Looks nice the colour
Thanks man and I got a couple of days off at the end of july so hopefully then just prepping atm :).

Prickle
14th June 2014, 19:28
:D

Splash out on the sexay 4 pots also. bitches love 4 pots

they look like 6 pots in the pic above?

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 19:38
Yeah think there willwood 6 pots on there, brakes are on my do to list 262's off a mg zr they bolt right up so its a decent "big brake" conversion.

Prickle
14th June 2014, 19:41
What about nabbing the brembos off a DC5 or something? they look better :p

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 20:18
Your right they do look better but don't deserve the jdm tax so ill stick with mg can grab the lot for £50 haha.

Prickle
14th June 2014, 20:22
Fairs :y:

Gandi699
14th June 2014, 20:25
262mm seems quite small still? For the size of car and the performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dany4494
14th June 2014, 20:46
262mm seems quite small still? For the size of car and the performance

My bad standard are 262 and mg uprated are 282.

Dany4494
1st July 2014, 16:38
Been busy hard at it since saturday engine has been rebuilt not really any pictures got a few spent nearly 10 hours after the build trying to locate what seemed to have the symptoms of a vacuum leak checked everything had inlet back off not a easy job since there is bolts that are nearly impossible to get to, all fuel system checked, rechecked timing, Anyway it turned out to be a frayed wire on the dizzy and it was completely ballsing the ignition timing up so wire fixed sweet as a nut.

You can see on the picture of the head inlet valves are black on cylinder 1 the valve stem seals were pissing oil down the valve stem and burning oil bad.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/zyjyvu6a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/e4egy6un.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/y8u9ajum.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/evy9u5ej.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/a6y3ypev.jpg

Just a note to anyone replacing stem seals on a B series do not use viton valve stem seals they are dogshit imo oem much better.

And I got the boring job of "running it in" now, so no vtaaaak for a while.

Mid last week smoothed the rear bumper looks okay ready for paint, still need to do the front and not sure whats going to happen with the respray not sure if I should just get the bits that I'm not happy with painted hmmmm.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/edu8aby4.jpg

In other news got a spare rocker I will be painting candy red and ek garage sticker and bolts bolts flip up plate holder so they will be going on when I get a chance.

Nik_L
3rd July 2014, 12:38
I take it the term "engine rebuild" has been used loosely??

Looks to me like its had new stem seals, a timing belt, and a service lol.

Dany4494
3rd July 2014, 12:52
Kind of Rehoned, re ringed, acl shells, valves lapped, stem seals, hg, timing belt, waterpump, tensioner & servace, so not properly rebuild more semi.

Dany4494
16th August 2014, 18:40
Been a few things going on lately, been really pissing me off about it smoking so bought a new head b16a off a jdm del sol and fully rebuilt it got an engine engineering place to do stem seals, hopefully that will be going on saturday.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/504124ac37d7e457aa187409ce8fe3f0.jpg
Got some forged steel drive shafts.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/3d218da72eafa803bf7f57b67cb4ae25.jpg
Also a red carpet out of a ek9 propper ballache swapping carpets and put leathers back in.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/31a7de4b31e1336447ec0f1dbdedae1b.jpg
After months of driving around with back bumper in primer got it painted and side bumpstrips painted decided I don't want a respray anymore, Then gave it a full detailing session today and went and got some pretty pictures.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/a7ff16ea4a0c0e53f121105b5e160618.jpg http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/a220098d596541e22291a6fb553a90f2.jpg http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/b3aea8d894d0034c0740f3d7b295291f.jpg http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/7cebfead6571ec0418356b2696dc7096.jpg http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/37b5aaba167490b9518b55c283ca0dd0.jpg
Now on the to do list is new spoiler, aftermarket snapoff steering wheel, new front bumper, lca's, fit my bolts bolts front plate holder and I got some lights from a civic in the states so they should be over any day now.

Forgot painted my spare rocker and carbon wrapped plug cover that will be going on new head.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/16/6e9101a4da17d914f961abc85b7a3b32.jpg

Prickle
17th August 2014, 05:21
Looking alot cleaner then it was at Bolton Abbey ;) lol

Dany4494
17th August 2014, 07:28
Looking alot cleaner then it was at Bolton Abbey ;) lol
Yeah deffo been looking abit sorry for its self over the last few months.

Dany4494
3rd September 2014, 15:40
So had round 2 with the engine new head it came from a delsol sir it was warped 1.2thou so had 2 thou skimmed and engine place did stem seals too and i lapped all the valves in, new head gasket, alternator and pas belt, not many pictures just when it came back from skimming.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/5c3ede4c471bc13abe42d1e52cde8a37.jpg

Also the new steering wheel is on with the d2 snap off boss.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/b69465fa3f2b4cb9395b4ce287fb2543.jpg

Smooth front bumper should be in paint this week so that will be going on its been sat around for a month

Just a random shot.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/03/34d87e69c3e362a94525d2e402c9e9c7.jpg

So its been 500 miles since the head went on saturday seems to pick up much better idles better, vtec crossover is smoother but stronger, and its still smoking on overrun wtf !! Everything has been replaced confused to say the least, so i fancy a new car fell out with this tbh.

ThrushMotorsport
3rd September 2014, 15:53
Are you sure the piston rings are perfectly ok?

Also, what colour of smoke?..

Dany4494
3rd September 2014, 16:01
Yeah compression is perfect across all cylinders, blue smoke deffo oil, but only burns on overrun and when first started in a morning.

jones91
3rd September 2014, 18:02
Should of just put a b18c/c6 in 😜

If it's only smoking first thing in the morning then that indicated it's probably stem seals, were they defiantly seated right when fitted? And did you use genuine honda parts with the rebuild?

Normally people have piston ring problems when rebuilding these engines as it's hard to re seal the piston rings to the old bores - most reputable engine builders will re-bore the bottom end and fit oversized pistons to overcome the issue

Dany4494
3rd September 2014, 18:15
Should of just put a b18c/c6 in 😜

If it's only smoking first thing in the morning then that indicated it's probably stem seals, were they defiantly seated right when fitted? And did you use genuine honda parts with the rebuild?

Normally people have piston ring problems when rebuilding these engines as it's hard to re seal the piston rings to the old bores - most reputable engine builders will re-bore the bottom end and fit oversized pistons to overcome the issue

I know man fancy a old bm now, and yeah the first head i did my self a month ago with honda stem seals, valve stem seal symtoms still so i thought it must of been me, sent the new head to an head to engine re manufactures and they built my head what's on now with vitons, still got valve stem seal symptoms !!

Pissed me off to be honest haha, no idea now unless oil scraper rings haven't taken to the bores as well as the other rings hence good compression.

Good car for someone that doesn't mind topping up the oil.