PDA

View Full Version : Todays suspension Q is about rear shocks?

ets2k9
5th September 2006, 11:06
I’m having a slight suspension overhaul at the moment I’m looking to upgrade the rear shocks as things a bit pogo stick-ish now that the front has been stiffened up.

I’ve just found some adjustable Spax shocks for £70 however I have heard mixed review about them.

Does anyone know if there any good or now of a similar priced alternative?

Cheers

Steve

Scott
5th September 2006, 11:12
for 70quid then i cant really recommend some bilsteins at double that:P not sure how much the koni ones go for though?

ets2k9
5th September 2006, 11:15
I've just looked at Bilsteins on GMC for £130 but I was hoping to pay slightly less although I'm aware you get what you pay for.

I'll have a look at the Koni's and see what price they go for.

CampDavid
5th September 2006, 12:45
Koni yellows set on the "bastid hard" setting apparently work well, spax aren't meant to be amazing, though the rears matter less than the fronts IMO

Ax_beefy
5th September 2006, 23:56
Problem is with a stiff front (300lb springs! on 60mm coilovers) and a soft rear the car tends to skip sideways in corners, and can end up in spinning the rear out... try removing your rear damper bushes and see if you can go round an island at 20mph... the answer is not a chance in hell!... as there is too much play in the rear, this is why the bushes should be well maintained... go for the spax ste if there that cheap... my billsteins aren't amazing on the rear but do the job

SteVTR
6th September 2006, 09:41
spax arent the best out there but for the price you'll pay for them you cant complain mine are on the "bastid hard" setting and do me fine

a couple of mates have had knoi yellows and they seem to work well too