PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Query?

thoms04
6th September 2006, 20:25

Jonny_H
6th September 2006, 20:29
probably coz if ur not driving it ur mum is (which they prob work out as 50/50) .... and ur mums prob got more ncb's and older, female (always cheaper)

GT3
7th September 2006, 03:32
It seems with the Admiral group (admiral, elephant etc), it makes the biggest difference. By adding someone to your policy, they are assuming that they will drive the car some of the time. Now if the person you add is of a lower risk e.g. more driving experience, female, etc then they assume that the overall risk is lower and this is why your policy is reduced.

It doesn't even matter if your mum never drives it as they don't ask how many miles each named driver does. I added my mum to my policy and even though she is disabled and has only a licence to drive an automatic (informed them of this) it brought the quote down and she is physically unable to drive my car.

Stupid, but insurance companies base their quotes on statistics and if they think the overall risk is brought down then they reduce the policy. This is why for example a group 12 mondeo is often cheaper to insure than a group 7 saxo, statistics show more young people crash saxos than mondeos and therefore your policy is cheaper.

Hope this helps.