PDA

View Full Version : Rs4 bender again

Ross
8th June 2015, 15:19
So I'm back to being an rs4 bender. I simply couldn't take Dom crying that he couldn't keep up with the RS6 so I had to get something slower. :(

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/59530DFB-65DD-409D-BB1E-4394ED4C057F_zpsapkcb4wg.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/A23C3151-B8F0-4917-B123-450C5E406DF7_zps8ostscar.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/F77BA611-29CB-4AA4-B4E0-5DEE602A587D_zpsl1vqowtv.jpg

Collection Wednesday. Not that I'm counting the fucking MINUTES lol. Pretty excited :)

deano_123
8th June 2015, 15:41
Is that purple or am I still hungover?

Whats the spec? The wait would kill me

Ross
8th June 2015, 15:58
Yes it's the Audi Exclusive "Merlin Purple".
Spec is every factory option except ceramics (which I didn't want after seeing Ivan cook a set at the 'ring!). So all the toys, adaptive cruise, pan roof, lane assist, B&O, sports pack, comfort pack, tech pack, etc etc.

Very happy!

Dom
8th June 2015, 16:31
I simply couldn't take Dom crying that he couldn't keep up with the RS6 so I had to get something slower. :(

You're going to have to take this to MRC to be able to keep up with me.
Wait..

Ross
8th June 2015, 16:33
You're going to have to take this to MRC to be able to keep up with me.
Wait..

You'll be back soon mate - and faster than this when you're packing 400hp make no doubt. :) Chin up!

SimpleJoee
8th June 2015, 17:47
Wait what?
What happened to the RS6?

Ross
8th June 2015, 18:07
Wait what?
What happened to the RS6?

Sold to fund my rs4 addiction.

Brettles1986
8th June 2015, 18:23
What was the motivation behind getting rid of the 6?

Costing too much to maintain or just prefer the 4?

Ross
8th June 2015, 18:50
Ironically the 6 cost me almost nothing compared to the 4 before it.

It's the driving experience. The b7 RS4 was amazing on track, back roads, point-to-point etc. Just a bit, well... slow. The RS6 was a fucking monster in a straight line and for it's size wasn't actually bad when you show it a corner - it's two ton after all.

The problem is you're detached from the driving experience - it's like you're sat in a very fast, very comfortable armchair. There's not a great deal of feedback and you're always trying to haul up the sheer mass.

So I missed the actual driving. And the B8 that I've just bought is everything the B7 was, with more comfort, more gadgets and toys, and more power. Plus it doesn't have buckets so my wife (who's had spinal surgery) can drive it. Plus, it looks fucking epic imo :)

Dano
8th June 2015, 19:46
Just stop it!!

Ross
8th June 2015, 19:57
Just stop it!!

What I done now? :(

Dano
8th June 2015, 20:41
What I done now? :(

I <3 the b8 rs4!!

Too much awesome for saxp lol

Brettles1986
8th June 2015, 20:58
It's nice don't get me wrong but I do prefer the b7. Newer cars don't seem to have that shape I like, they are all going for smooth curves and it doesn't always work.

rushy_23
8th June 2015, 21:12
How old (or young) are you guys?

These threads make me feel like I belong nowhere near them. Nice car regardless!

Slightly off topic, spinal surgery? Sounds like your missus was bad if she opted to go down that route?

MuZiZZle
9th June 2015, 04:47
I like this, please don't Barry it up with darker tints and black wheels!

D4MJT
9th June 2015, 06:58
You would, it's pink you bender.

What engine is in these, are they a tarbo v8?

Ross
9th June 2015, 07:29
Thanks for comments guys - appreciated :)

It's based on the 4.2 v8 from the B7, but with more power. NA 4.2 v8 (450hp)

And plans are... nothing. Potentially change the brake pads to a track orientated pad, but other than that I can't think of anything. But then again, it's never driven on the road so hard for me to tell :p

KamRacing
9th June 2015, 08:45
I'll await your call lol

I was wondering if it was down to the weight of the RS6. The RS4 seems a better all rounder, more suited to what you were using the last one for.

I dont think you will keep it standard power wise though!

simmo
9th June 2015, 16:36
Epic choice!!

Black wheels and tints all the way though tbh! Get the chrome satin black as well!

Very colour to the 106???

Ross
9th June 2015, 17:06
It's much lighter than the 106 but yeah, always had a hardon for purple cars, especially VW/Audi (like the Fire & Ice Golf etc).

I will see what dark wheels look like on a photoshop once the cars in the sun - I don't mind the alloy colour. And the alloy trim actually looks OK I think - breaks up the solid colour. We'll see ;)

MuZiZZle
10th June 2015, 04:47
Dark wheels?

Make sure you get a nice Ripspeed sun visor instead of a Speedhunters one

Ross
10th June 2015, 05:26
Your opinion on taste is somewhat nullified by the fact you drive an old mans BMW I'm afraid Christopher. Sorry old chap.

L33h
10th June 2015, 06:07
Rs4 bender

MuZiZZle
10th June 2015, 07:22
Your opinion on taste is somewhat nullified by the fact you drive an old mans BMW I'm afraid Christopher. Sorry old chap.

This may be the case, but nobody is expecting me to climb out of it in a tracksuit and a Henleys T-shirt.

Tinted black wheeled chav wagon bender :homme:

*edit, I presumed that reply was from Deano

hahah

Ross
10th June 2015, 07:25
This may be the case, but nobody is expecting me to climb out of it in a tracksuit and a Henleys T-shirt.

hahah

Equally, I'm a tracksuit wearing gimp myself, so have no retort. You've got me there ;)

MuZiZZle
10th June 2015, 07:27
Equally, I'm a tracksuit wearing gimp myself, so have no retort. You've got me there ;)

Don't do the wheels black man!

It wil look shit and people will laugh at you.

:n:

There's a blue one up here with blue wheels :homme:

Brettles1986
10th June 2015, 07:30
For once I agree with Muz, keep the wheels as they are.

Get some B8s and a lower brace man!

Ross
11th June 2015, 06:36
It's home. It's also fucking brilliant. I'm in love with driving again. Woot!

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/IMG_6233_zpsz3lwqeev.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/IMG_6231_zpsexjoltes.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/IMG_6230_zpskpr8ciyf.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/rossdagley/RS4-B8/IMG_6228_zpsegn0hxdd.jpg

KamRacing
11th June 2015, 07:58
that is a seriously cool looking car.

welshpug
11th June 2015, 08:18
dare I ask how much one of those is and how much had it depreciated from new?

Ross
11th June 2015, 09:19
I bought it brand new so can't tell you the depreciation. Retail on this spec is £67,000.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/11/e9275f507ab4e0a4ac731211ee757612.jpg

But it's very pretty in the sun!

griff_106
11th June 2015, 10:00
Very nice Ross! Certainly makes a change from the standard black, silver and white haha. Did you ask them to leave it be cleaning prep wise out of interest? Being in a showroom I'd imagine it had a fair bit of attention initially.

I assume I'd be shot if I suggested satin black wheels and mirror caps?! Oh and are you planning on doing Trax this year? I've got the week off for my birthday but doing Lydden on the Saturday lol.

Brettles1986
11th June 2015, 10:28
Isn't purple a girls colour though?

Ross
11th June 2015, 10:30
Very nice Ross! Certainly makes a change from the standard black, silver and white haha. Did you ask them to leave it be cleaning prep wise out of interest? Being in a showroom I'd imagine it had a fair bit of attention initially.

I assume I'd be shot if I suggested satin black wheels and mirror caps?! Oh and are you planning on doing Trax this year? I've got the week off for my birthday but doing Lydden on the Saturday lol.

Yes = I like the wheels how they are. Car is staying exaclty as it is visually for the foreseeable future! I'm not coming to Trax - car shows are all a bit wank for me now tbh. I'll be at Bolton Abbey for the Saxp meet (search on the forum for it - Craig organises it and basically no-one has a saxo any more but it's still a blinding good day with bbq's and stuff). Then it'll be 'ring trips for the remainder of the year.

Isn't purple a girls colour though?

I'm so fucking alpha I could have a pink car and still look like a hard cunt tbh.

D4MJT
11th June 2015, 10:54
It is a bit pink like.

Any interior pics?

Brave choice on the colour like, I reckon it's quite marmite. Long term keeper? Nice to see one that isn't white though, literally can't get moved for white ones in Newcastle.

deano_123
11th June 2015, 14:25

hahah

I dont own a tracksuit or anything remotely Henleys you pudding

griff_106
11th June 2015, 16:18
Yes = I like the wheels how they are. Car is staying exaclty as it is visually for the foreseeable future! I'm not coming to Trax - car shows are all a bit wank for me now tbh. I'll be at Bolton Abbey for the Saxp meet (search on the forum for it - Craig organises it and basically no-one has a saxo any more but it's still a blinding good day with bbq's and stuff). Then it'll be 'ring trips for the remainder of the year.

Haha fair play buddy! Yeah just had a look for it... it's a 5 hour journey for me down Saaaaaaaaarf according to Google maps :panic: lol

MuZiZZle
11th June 2015, 17:26
I guess you're selling your plate now then?

Jimmy-Boy
11th June 2015, 18:36
love this!

welshpug
11th June 2015, 19:10
foooooook

6 years wages :o

Alanapone
11th June 2015, 19:56
phwoar!!!

The car not you!!

Scott
12th June 2015, 10:15
Still cant beleive you are letting me have the honours.

Ross
12th June 2015, 10:27
Still cant beleive you are letting me have the honours.

As you did I with your wife mate.

It's only fair.

Scott
12th June 2015, 15:04
As you did I with your wife mate.

It's only fair.

"As did I with your wife mate"

:cool:

Ross
3rd July 2015, 09:42
Back from holiday. Car's still only got 200 miles on it - really not driven it as been working all week.

Getting it booked in for 3M Ventureshield next week here: http://www.showtrax.net/prods/vehicles/3m-ventureshield-cars - should stop stone chips and the cost should be negated by the residual value at resale time in a few years.

Also next week is a trip to JCWeldfab to look at custom exhausts. It's unlikely I'll get one as the sports exhaust I've paid for on the Audi from factory is already quite nice, but I want to see options available. They can do crazy loud v8 nastiness and keep the standard valved system so it's docile when I need it too. Combined with the fact they've not done a new RS4 before and want a car in to take a template from, there's a discount to be had. We'll see.

Will fit my tracker and dashcam this weekend so that'll be the first official 'mod'.

Maybe I'll get some photos if I get a chance to polish it proper like.

KamRacing
3rd July 2015, 15:34
depending on cost we can always supply something like Bastuck for you....

Brettles1986
3rd July 2015, 20:25
depending on cost we can always supply something like Bastuck for you....

Wouldn't bother Kam, it'll stay on your shelf and he'll have bought an RS3 by the time he needs it.

Ross
3rd July 2015, 20:28
Wouldn't bother Kam, it'll stay on your shelf and he'll have bought an RS3 by the time he needs it.

The irony of you having no idea how much I deal with Kev off this forum is genuinely funny. :y:

KamRacing
5th July 2015, 19:11
I cant survive on Saxo sales :D

PastyVTR
5th July 2015, 20:44
My dad has just got one last week, in panther black, looks lovely when the sun hits it, has a slight purple twinge the colour of yours, goes so so well. He's got the sports exhaust as well, such a lovely note when you're giving it some but nice and quiet otherwise. Only issue we've had is the dab radio doesn't seem to be working but maybe we just need to consult the manual.
Anything else planned other than the potential exhaust? And get some more pics up!

Brendan
14th July 2015, 22:13
May have just gone past me in this on the 421? Wasn't going fast past me, so I have doubts it may have been you. I was driving my girlfriends red Corsa D homomobile.

It was KT15 ### heading towards your way.

Nevermind, reg checked and came back as an S3. It was dark :oops:

Ross
15th July 2015, 06:46
May have just gone past me in this on the 421? Wasn't going fast past me, so I have doubts it may have been you. I was driving my girlfriends red Corsa D homomobile.

It was KT15 ### heading towards your way.

Nevermind, reg checked and came back as an S3. It was dark :oops:

Probably was me mate yep - I was out on the 421 last night (between 2200hrs and 2230hrs don't remember exactly). If I wasn't going fast it must have been after dropping Dom of before going to mine.

Ross
6th August 2015, 22:57
Exhaust is now 90% done - they had the car almost three weeks as its a prototype. Only waiting on carbon parts from Bic to be made then it'll go back for new back boxes and trims.

The sound is amazing.

Only other things ive done are a front end wrap in 3M venture shield stone chip protection. It's not cheap at £1k but if it saves a respray its money well spent.

Finally I've got some EBC yellow stuff pads to fit on the front before next weeks trip to the ring - I got on with the yellow stuff pads really well in my last rs4 so have high hopes for these too. Really great pad in this car.

Not much else to add for now :)

SimpleJoee
7th August 2015, 17:41
Who cares about the Volkswagen A3, get the clio thread up I'm intrigued!

please

Ross
8th August 2015, 21:08
I will don't worry. When I can be arsed!

So prep today for Audi In The Park tomorrow.

L33h
9th August 2015, 09:30
Too much money

Ross
9th August 2015, 18:42

Scrubbed up well. :)

griff_106
9th August 2015, 19:27
Liking the colour in those pics Ross buddy! Still think satin black wheels would look the bollocks though ;)

Randomly stumbled across the old 106 the other day actually - well, the shell anyway. Found a picture of it on Instagram (https://instagram.com/p/5kEnS8tb5A/?taken-by=jamess_mckay) with the old plate on it still (N444 BHP) but minus the engine... bit odd! :panic:

Ross
9th August 2015, 19:41
colour really pops in the sun!

And cheers for the Instagram link - good to see its not scrapped. Best way of making money on that car was to break it for parts so if Rob did that he'll have been quids in. I just didn't have the heart obviously.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/415329281374583e0a0c94a844a069e9.jpg

griff_106
9th August 2015, 19:50
17988colour really pops in the sun!

And cheers for the Instagram link - good to see its not scrapped. Best way of making money on that car was to break it for parts so if Rob did that he'll have been quids in. I just didn't have the heart obviously.

Yeah looks like it changes quite a bit when the light hits it tbh! Not sure I'd have the balls to go for the colour in case I changed my mind on it a few months down the line but that is coming from someone with a silver 106 and (currently) a Gun Metal Grey Juke albeit with a red interior haha.

Aye yeah good to see the old girl still about... not quite sure the plate fits the car anymore though! :p Oh and your new reg is showing as well in that pic mate lol

Ross
9th August 2015, 20:01
Yeah looks like it changes quite a bit when the light hits it tbh! Not sure I'd have the balls to go for the colour in case I changed my mind on it a few months down the line but that is coming from someone with a silver 106 and (currently) a Gun Metal Grey Juke albeit with a red interior haha.

Aye yeah good to see the old girl still about... not quite sure the plate fits the car anymore though! :p Oh and your new reg is showing as well in that pic mate lol

Photo fixed. Cheers.

And now I've gone from a string of black cars to this I don't think I'll ever get a "boring" colour again. Love it.

stevo67
9th August 2015, 20:05
Nice car,bronze coloured wheels I feel would suit it mate.

Ross
9th August 2015, 20:07
17989saw these today and thought the same...

griff_106
9th August 2015, 21:00
Photo fixed. Cheers.

And now I've gone from a string of black cars to this I don't think I'll ever get a "boring" colour again. Love it.

No worries! :y:

The old man's had two black cars now and fancies a change tbf... he's only going to go for a white Leon Cupra ST 280 though so nothing drastic haha.

Hmm do like those wheels actually! Will keep an eye on the thread to see what you settle on :)

Ross
18th August 2015, 16:17
Back from the ring.

Only two laps in the dry, the rest (6) the following day in weather you'd not want to drive to the shops in. 08:48 was the first (and only "hot") lap, second was a cruise around to show some people round. 11:06 in the appalling weather the following day so doesn't really count.

Car wants for better tyres (needs pilot super sports really - that'll transform it) and probably different pads. Almost set fire to the EBC yellows (which were just fine on my B7 but I guess I was using more engine braking on the manual car). Brakes were pouring out enough smoke to have me wishing I'd got the fire extinguisher ready...

Naturally the Audi put in a faultless performance there and back - arriving back a bit late in the UK we did Dover to home in 1 hour 25 mins - not bad for a 132 mile journey that includes a large swathe of M25 with speed cameras... It also appears Audi lied a little about the 155mph speed limiter. Saw 170mph before having to brake for traffic on the E40 on the way home - pleased I didn't pay the £1k for the delimited ECU...

All in, a great trip with Josh, Sam, Dom and a few (15!) of the regulars. I'm already booked again for Easter bank holiday (it's always a spectacle as it's Car Crash Friday) but will save my laps for the days after ;)

welshpug
18th August 2015, 17:51
aren't these things 190+ machines when unrestricted?

ldavies
18th August 2015, 18:16
Wow amazing Ross looks a stunner.
Think I've read more progress threads of yours than all the Saxo owners threads put together lol.
Is it 3 Audi,s your up to now, not to mention the Clio 182 your currently on with lol and not forgetting the 106 turbo thread lol. Still read that now :)
Deep pockets my friend.
I hope when I get bored of the supercharged 106 I end up with something in the same class as these lol, I wish.
Can't wait for more news and upgrades

Ross
18th August 2015, 18:43
Aye meirion I think so - somewhere round there anyway. It's not like the rs6 mind where it's steady Eddie at high speed. You do know you're doing it.

Thanks for the comments. Yep 3rd Audi for me and I'll be sticking with them for a while now - quality of the car is very high, customer service is exceptional, and the cars ability to do everything I ask makes it worth while :)

And yeah - I do seem to have done a couple of progress threads now lol. I love the little French tins dearly but I'd never sink a ton of money into one again. Wish I hadn't gone boosted in that regard, but conversely I gained a lot of knowledge and friends along the way so wouldn't change it for the world now.