PDA

View Full Version : Window tints?

Smithy2003
23rd December 2003, 04:37
Whats the law on window tints?
As in what % can i have before the police slap my wrists?

Also, with a silver car, would silver tints look good or am i better sticking to black?

Smithy2003
24th December 2003, 02:03
Going for 20-25% tints, found the limit is 30%.

Silver or Black tho with a sliver car?

dannytownend69
5th May 2004, 14:32
BLACK DEFINATELY OVER SILVER. BUT ID GO FOR BLACK WITH SILVER FADES AT TOP.

rick_saxo_smith
6th May 2004, 02:24
yeh go for a two tone, that would look sweet,

dnt worry about the cops, just wind down ure windows smileys/smiley14.gif

Dave_J
6th May 2004, 16:57
I have limo black all way round on mine and it looks grats against a silver car. The cops are wankers they tested mine and were going to do me becoz they only allowed 7% light or sumith through. The door windows are already @ the legal limit for window tinting believe it or not. Jyst have to be careful thats all

Dave_J
6th May 2004, 16:57
I have limo black all way round on mine and it looks grate against a silver car. The cops are wankers they tested mine and were going to do me becoz they only allowed 7% light or sumit through. I sweet heartened my way out of it tho.
The door windows are already @ the legal limit for window tinting believe it or not. Jyst have to be careful thats all

Dave_J
6th May 2004, 16:58
I have limo black all way round on mine and it looks great against a silver car. The cops are wankers they tested mine and were going to do me becoz they only allowed 7% light or sumit through. I sweet heartened my way out of it tho.
The door windows are already @ the legal limit for window tinting believe it or not. Jyst have to be careful thats all

Smithy2003
6th May 2004, 17:35
All the places for tints by me only do rear of the B post now.
If i want the fronts doing i "have to risk it myself".

I like the black to silver fades tho they look great.

Dave_J
6th May 2004, 19:05
yeah many of them wont tint the front ones incase they get done. It easy to do yourself, just need a bit patience. It's easier to take the windows out if you tint them yoursleve

What happened to my earlier posts, y is there 3??
Strange smileys/smiley5.gif

zander
6th May 2004, 19:07
I would stick with the 3 back windows (back passenger and rear) then they cannot really say that it inferferes with your vision. I think Silver on a silver car would look stunning but the black / silver idea I think would B cool.. is there much of a price difference between just Black / Silver and the black and silver one ???