PDA

View Full Version : new products bought proper. cleaning session on

Hanuman
17th September 2006, 14:52
went and bought some turtle wash and wax for £7 from 15 so will come in handy in the future,

bought some turtlewax extreme
t cut for metallic
meguiars applicator pads
2 microfibre cloths from supermarket
2buckets
1 proper wool pitt

£32 down now just washed the car with the turtlewax wash and wax and looks very shiny going to use light t cut then wax it pics to follow

davew
17th September 2006, 16:31
sounds good mate. get a pic up of what it looks like after.
32 doller is cheap for a cleaning gear...

but suppose it depends how clean u wanna get...

Danadaman_3
17th September 2006, 18:07
get some pics up mate sounds like a mission. :thumbup:

Polished_Bliss_Detailing
18th September 2006, 11:52
this is just my advice but Mf's from the supermarket arent up to the job of polishing cars, they can induce marring and swirling of their own...

Hanuman
18th September 2006, 11:55
i was more than disapointed in T cut, i got few swirls and scratches light, so thought bit of t cut will sort it right out, tried using a small amount on a small section and it made no difference what so ever!! and teh meguiars pads feel like they aint smooth on the surface and that they are just gonna be putting scratches in the paint them selfs? but the t cut didnt seem to make any difference to light scratches or swirls

Polished_Bliss_Detailing
18th September 2006, 15:54
t-cut is a horrible product, you wont see it mentioned anywhere on Detailing Forums, basically becuase it is useless and can make your paint work worse, there are sooooooo many more products out there that are a hell of alot better in terms of cut, workability, ease of use and final finish, such as Poorboys SSR's, Menzerna Intense Polish etc etc

VTSKris
18th September 2006, 20:43
Sorry to hyjack but i heard a few people talk about this Poorboys SSR and was wondering if it was the best thing for swirls and scratches. My VTS is only a 52 plate but paintwork is quite bas as the person who had it before me had 3 cats and just didnt look after it that well.

Cheers, Kris

Billog_VTR
18th September 2006, 20:51
lol why the cats bit mate? do people with cats not look after cars or something?

Yates
18th September 2006, 20:57
cats sit on the car and climb up on it

causing lots of damage

Polished_Bliss_Detailing
19th September 2006, 08:01
Sorry to hyjack but i heard a few people talk about this Poorboys SSR and was wondering if it was the best thing for swirls and scratches. My VTS is only a 52 plate but paintwork is quite bas as the person who had it before me had 3 cats and just didnt look after it that well.

Cheers, Kris

would you be working by hand?

if so i'd recommend the likes of the Menzerna IP Polish and final Polish, the SSR's are good but i've only used them a couple of times due to the Menzerna/Blackfire range being better :)

hellonpluto
19th September 2006, 10:15
t-cut is a horrible product, you wont see it mentioned anywhere on Detailing Forums, basically becuase it is useless and can make your paint work worse, there are sooooooo many more products out there that are a hell of alot better in terms of cut, workability, ease of use and final finish, such as Poorboys SSR's, Menzerna Intense Polish etc etc

I use Poorboys Polish and Nattys Paste Wax, its the dogs dangleys!! BIG TIME! I'll never use turtle wax again!

Polished_Bliss_Detailing
19th September 2006, 10:16
I use Poorboys Polish and Nattys Paste Wax its the dogs dangleys!! BIG TIME! I'll never use turtle wax again!

nuff sed lol

VTSKris
19th September 2006, 19:20
I would be using my mates electric buffer. Its only a cheap 1 from halfords, would you not recommend using this? If so what products would you use with it?

Cheers

p.s The swirls and scratches are quite bad so would a PC be the only way to get these out without spending days doing it by hand ?

Polished_Bliss_Detailing
19th September 2006, 20:11
p.s The swirls and scratches are quite bad so would a PC be the only way to get these out without spending days doing it by hand ?

i'm afraid so yeah...:afro:

VTSKris
19th September 2006, 21:39
:( Ok. I will prob be getting back to you soon and buying some products and prob a PC :)

Cheers for the help.