PDA

View Full Version : Infraction System (Red/yellow cards)

Simo
17th September 2006, 21:49
All,

Hopefully you will have noticed that a set of Community rules/guidelines have been drafted, with the aim of improving your overall use of the Saxperience Community. If you've not seen the guidelines, take a look here... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11)

To help to ensure that the guidelines are followed and that moderation of the rules and rule breakers is simple and visible to all, a new system has been incorporated into the Saxperience forums... the 'infraction system'.

This system is something I expect some users will get to grips with quicker than others :P Essentially this offers a clear way of communicating when members have overstepped the mark and some penalisation is warranted and it also enables automatic management of trouble makers.

There are two ways the system can be used (at the discretion of the moderating team). Either to warn (yellow card) a member or to penalise (red card) a member.

Whenever an infraction penalty is given, the community members are able to see why the infraction was given and what penalty was given. The member who received the infraction penalty may receive further details via PM.

Infraction penalties can be accumulated and may expire over time... All infraction penalties received are shown within the 'user control panel'.

If you manage to collect 10 infraction points then your use of the Saxperience forum will be extremely troublesome. If you manage to collect 20 infraction points, then your user account will suffer a ban, which may be relaxed when your infraction points fall below the appropriate limit.

Sounding complicated yet??

The infraction categories and penalties may be subject to change whilst the use of this system develops.

Here is an overview of how the infraction penalties are currently setup.

http://www.sax-p.net/infraction_system.jpg

Please let me have your feedback both for and against this system ;)

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 21:53
looks like fun!

sshaxx
17th September 2006, 21:54
i think maybe the swearing one will be hard to keep up with, i dont mean swearing at each other, just in general. are we still okay writing f*ck etc?

Craig
17th September 2006, 21:55
i think it will be better in the long run, and will stop alot of the above, in the table, making sax-p a better forum all in all

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 21:57
say if you found a nice picture of a lady and were to post that would it go down as innapropriate

Recovery
Put it on a test run for a wekk.. see how it goes..

SNewham
I do like the idea, and I'd like to see it implemented.

Have to ask one question though. Is this the kind of thing that we were trying to get away from when we joined this community rather than others on offer?

I'm not sure I know the answer myself :P

Luke
17th September 2006, 21:58
To be honest, I was a bit like ooook when I seen it, but after reading it once more and now I understand why this has been brought in.

There is three things there that are most important to me and about time they were addressed. Especially the rep system, the amount of times I have had bad rep for no apparent reasons - pretty childish.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it feels like a 'big brother' situation, as I feel we are getting watched closely but I understand thats for the best and will make the forum a more friendly, controlled place.

Only the moderators can give us these 'infractions' yeah? I'm tired and can't understand everything :P

I think it's going to work though personally. That's my 2ps worth..

liamk15
17th September 2006, 21:59
give your self 1 point simo for having the 'who gives a fuck' smiley

sounds like more people will be getting bans an such, dont know if this is a good idea or ot yet,it needs a trial i think

how do you define if a user has knowingly posted in the wrong forum?

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:00
People who have been on here for a while should know where to post i think that defines it

saxodan
Can you "appeal" them? Say if a mod is biast (witch i doubt will ever be the case)

TU-Tuning
Everyone swears. If someone doesnt like the swearing surely they should just close the window?Theres a lot worse on the internet and kids see it all the time on TV.

As far as everything else goes its a quality idea, especially racism

sshaxx
17th September 2006, 22:01
give your self 1 point simo for having the 'who gives a fuck' smiley

sounds like more people will be getting bans an such, dont know if this is a good idea or ot yet,it needs a trial i think

how do you define if a user has knowingly posted in the wrong forum?

they're the ones that usually start with...

"i know this is in the wrong section but..."

Viper
17th September 2006, 22:02
in theory, it is a good idea. but im sure there are many people out there (including me) who will find loopholes in it. lol, or just generally abuse it, or wind people up for them to get a ban.. give it a trial of about 2-3 weeks..

but as shaxxywaxxy said, the swearing one will be a hard one to egt to terms with... :( i even swear in my sleep apparently 0_0

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:03
ok then how about a anything goes section wich states if easily offended stay out

SNewham
is this to be used by general users or just mods?

Simo
Put it on a test run for a wekk.. see how it goes..

Infractions are here to stay... You just need to decide if you can cope with the system or not :P

jaybiss
17th September 2006, 22:04
can certain people get a straight red :P

not sure about the innapropriate language, i think a few of us will find that hard to control :P

Curran
17th September 2006, 22:05
the text talk penalty seems a bit harsh. how extreme is it going to be? will you get 1 point every time you use one abbreviated word or how will it work? what if you use a slang word or something, will you get penalised for that? how about something like "sumthin" is that classed as txt talk or not?

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:06
Have to ask one question though. Is this the kind of thing that we were trying to get away from when we joined this community rather than others on offer?

I'm not sure I know the answer myself :P

I know the answer...

The issues highlighted by the infraction penalties have been discouraged for many years/months. The only thing that is changing is that moderation of these issues is public.

Many times the moderators get criticised for acting, or not acting... well, now you all know what is right and what is wrong and what you can expect to happen if you do something wrong.

If you'd prefer to go elsewhere and receive abusive, confrontational moderation, I have a few links I'd be happy to pass to you,

TU-Tuning
17th September 2006, 22:07
It would be a shame if it ruined this forum, cus its quality at the mo. If peole are pricks they get slated so it hink theres enough being done already actually.

We aint in school any more

seat-craig
17th September 2006, 22:08
It would be a shame if it ruined this forum, cus its quality at the mo. If peole are pricks they get slated so it hink theres enough being done already actually.

agreed

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:08
Why is the text talk extreme?

That has been in force since I joined the site back in December last year. We all know (or should) the rules of language in the forum. We have a lot of Foreign members, so therefore text talk shouldn't be used and it's much easier to read 'proper' english.

I don't think people will be penalised for using words like 'sumthin' but if it happens time after time.
:A:

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:09
is "lol" classed as text talk? because abbreviations like thatget used all the time.

inappropriate language gets used all the time but I have no problem with it. We use it in the real world.

I like this idea but I also like the idea of being free and not having restictions like not swearing or not using the occasional text talk whih can almost be second nature at times.

Also, what would you class as forum spamming? the occasional topic on here where people talk rubbish are fun to read. is that going to stop?

I agree it would control alot of the bad stuff on here but can it go too far and actually stop alot of the good things that happen on here as well?

saxodan

Argeed 100% :oops:

sshaxx
im hoping its only extreme cases of whatever infraction, eg goin on a swearing rampage, being offensive when its plainly not funny and just offensive etc

otherwise the forum seems like it will be a little too strict:innocent:

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:10
Not what I was saying, I was just asking the question. I think the introduction of this system is right but I think some of the categorisations of these infractions need to be discussed.
I know the answer...

The issues highlighted by the infraction penalties have been discouraged for many years/months. The only thing that is changing is that moderation of these issues is public.

Many times the moderators get criticised for acting, or not acting... well, now you all know what is right and what is wrong and what you can expect to happen if you do something wrong.

If you'd prefer to go elsewhere and receive abusive, confrontational moderation, I have a few links I'd be happy to pass to you,

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:11
At the end of the day, if you 'abuse' the forum by spamming, using text talk, slagging off other members, racial abuse or anything else mentioned above - then you should be punished for it.

At the end of the day, we all joined up for a valid reason - mine was to learn more about Saxos and meet people.

The moderators make the rules, so In my opinion you need to respect them. If you don't, why be here?

saxodan
Sorry for the repost but simo-
Can you "appeal" them? Say if a mod is biast (witch i doubt will ever be the case)

Think its a valid quesition..

:D:

Simo
I'm glad this thread has caught your attention ;)

There are lots of details to iron out and it wont all happen tonight.

Moderation of the forums will continue as ever... the system incorporates a 'warning' system, so memebrs can be warned without receiving a penalty. Its likely that warnings may be given initially. If repeat abuse occurrs, then inevitably, you'll receive a penalty.

This doesnt mean however that you will always receive a warning first.

At the end of the day you should ALL know whats right and wrong and what should be acceptable on a friendly discusison forum.

For 95% of the members on here, you probably wont even notice the system is in use.

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:13
ok then I'm sold :)

where abouts do we view our infractions? in our profile?

TU-Tuning
17th September 2006, 22:14
I dont want points on my sax-p license lol

As long as it deals with racists etc and doesnt get silly eg we all have to talk like english teachers then im all good. Just seems a shame to ruin this...

Luke
Valid point Simo.

I'll admit I have a high(ish) post count, but I don't consider myself to 'spam' the forum but I just seem to post everywhere.

Like I said before, we all know the rules and should respect them. If you don't, why be on here?

Simo
Sorry for the repost but simo-

Think its a valid quesition..

:D:

If you think you have received a penalty which is unwarranted, then contact an administrator... exactly the same as for abuse of the rep system.

Curran
17th September 2006, 22:16
im hoping its only extreme cases of whatever infraction, eg goin on a swearing rampage, being offensive when its plainly not funny and just offensive etc

otherwise the forum seems like it will be a little too strict:innocent:

agreed. i think the swearing infraction could be fun though as it will make people be more inventive with not so offensive words to get their point across. it will sort of be like you are talking in front of a young child and have to use words like "bugger" and "sod it". it makes it more humorous to read. specially when people get angry :P

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:16
What about a anything goes section would this be possible

liamk15
17th September 2006, 22:17
agreed. i think the swearing infraction could be fun though as it will make people be more inventive with not so offensive words to get their point across. it will sort of be like you are talking in front of a young child and have to use words like "bugger" and "sod it". it makes it more humorous to read. specially when people get angry :P

fuck thats id rather have 1 point :P

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:17
I think swearing should only be used in public anyway, how often do you use it in a text message? I don't think it has the same effect on a forum as it does in person...

If that makes sense.

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:18
i was hust waiting for someon to test the water

willsy
Generally i think its a good idea, a trial run of course would be ideal. There are a couple of them that perhaps may/may not be needed to some extent:

Inappropriate signature content: obviously extremes should go punished, but if you're easily offended theres still the option to not display them- i personally dont view signatures

Inappropriate language- good idea! ok so its everywhere on other forums etc, but there still isnt any need for it, at least use of *** helps though

Use of text talk. Good idea again. alot of people are usually very good, but there is always occasions where the odd text word sneaks out

Inappropriate behaviour. how will this be determined? could this be linked perhaps with spamming of the forum?

Knowingly posting on wrong forum: for new members that arent fully familiar yet will mods still move it and PM with advice?

Abuse on rep system: Good idea!

Insulting other member. Good idea, will light hearted gestures be let off with? could it be linked with threatening/intimidating behaviour

Racial abuse: its a good idea to include this one, however id personally not want to associate anyone who is racially abusive with these forums and would much rather see automatic exclusion from the site. Theres no excuse from that one.

On the whole its a good idea i think. perhaps link a few and keep it a touch simpler. :)

Simo

The system has been brought in to safeguard the forum and the members who use it.

This system could only be seen as 'bad' if your view of what the forum needs to live up to is wildly different to my own view.

seat-craig
i think it is going a bit far you have moderaters for a reason. If they see anything wrong then they should deal with it.

i dont think there is a need for a whole new system unless you notice things are getting out of hand

b0t13
17th September 2006, 22:20
i think the forum is fine now atm, u get the occasional person that types txt tlk over the top which needs to be sorted but shortened words shouldnt be considered, as most people on here use shorter words.
as long as this system isnt really strict then i think its a good idea, if used correctly and not jumping on every word people say..

Leo
17th September 2006, 22:20
I think its a nice idea, but really over the top for a forum. In my opinion, the mods seem to be doing fine and I have not noticed anything get out of hand at all.

DazzerVTR
17th September 2006, 22:22
So just to clear this up if you swear in a post what will happen to you?

liamk15
17th September 2006, 22:22
TBH (To be honest;)) i think that there was nothing wrong with the forum before ,ive been on for a year and abit now and i cant really see why we need this.

just a question simo why do you think you need to have this?

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:23

You will either get a warning or an infraction point.

Get 10 points and you get put on the trouble maker list, get 20 and you are banned.

Points last for 7 days,

seat-craig
17th September 2006, 22:23
you get a smacked bottom and put in prison

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:25
I think its a nice idea, but really over the top for a forum. In my opinion, the mods seem to be doing fine and I have not noticed anything get out of hand at all.

It's a tool to help the moderators do their job. There are guides as to what is right and what is wrong. Members in the past have criticised some moderators for acting too harshly, or not harshly enough.

This system allows the same penalties to be given to all.

DazzerVTR
17th September 2006, 22:25
Personally I can't see whats wrong with swearing here, we're all old enough or we wouldn't be on a car forum?
Sounds like a case of net nanny gone mad.

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:26

Personally, I class that as spamming. Boasting your 'post count'.

If you don't have a 'valid' thing to say, don't say it.

TU-Tuning
The system has been brought in to safeguard the forum and the members who use it.

This system could only be seen as 'bad' if your view of what the forum needs to live up to is wildly different to my own view.

Fair play, it is your forum and youve created a quality community, and so have we. So as someone who enjoys talkin to people on here and havin a laugh, as well as learnin stuff about saxos etc etc, I was just pointing out that it would be a shame to have everyone under surveilance so much.

You say most people wont be affected, but if we get in shizzle for swearing, then lots of people are going to be part of that including me. And if we arent allowed to insult others etc it just seems a shame to take away the oppertunities to have a laugh on here.

Like i just found a really old thread of a few lads stickin funny pictures up. Really cheered me up, but if we have this system implemented so severely, this wont be able to happen.

liamk15

laugh out loud

b0t13
the swearing bit is abit OTT as the forum doesnt have excessive swearing, the occasional words come out but not much, forum is fine IMO (in my opinion) :)

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:27
Personally I can't see whats wrong with swearing here, we're all old enough or we wouldn't be on a car forum?
Sounds like a case of net nanny gone mad.

I can't see what's wrong with swearing really, but I think it would help Police other issues on the forum.

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:28

More than likely nothing...

We are all adults (mostly) and use swear words from time to time.

The penalty is for 'inappropriate language'. This doesnt necessarily mean swearing.

Don't stress...

liamk15
17th September 2006, 22:29
Personally, I class that as spamming. Boasting your 'post count'.

If you don't have a 'valid' thing to say, don't say it.

see personally i had a little chuckle ,so does he get bad points for it?:ponder: think theres aload of little things like that which is goin to make it hard for yourselfs to moderate

DazzerVTR
17th September 2006, 22:29
Please delete, just saw Simo's reply which answered my question

SNewham
17th September 2006, 22:31
And personally best thing you can do to improve this forum is get a decent host, just my two cents.

I thought they just moved to a new host :bored:

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:31
Please delete, just saw Simo's reply which answered my question

See my comments above...

And what is wrong with our host??

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:32
3 posts for you Liam.

I think this is going to cause a BIG debate, has it already has. Once implemented, we should just take it as it is. I think some people are worrying too much to how it will work, but I don't think it's a bad as it sounds or looks.

If you are using the forum correctly though, you should never come across it.

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:32
Make me a moderator please simo i like autority i would be the enforcer lol

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:33
Make me a moderator please simo i like autority i would be the enforcer lol

DO you have a pair of leather gloves like the 'Equaliser'.

They're a minimum requirement for the job :P

jaybiss
17th September 2006, 22:34
i think people are taking this too seriously

if you act yourselves and behave how you ave been youll be fine

not many people have been banned from this site so i doubt many of you will even get a pint yet alone a warning

DazzerVTR
I thought they just moved to a new host :bored:

The forums still going down for short periods a few times aday, granted tis a high traffic site but surley Simo's paying a fair amount to the company atleast they could do is upgrade to two hamsters in a wheel powering the server rather than one.

Simo
3 posts for you Liam.

I think this is going to cause a BIG debate, has it already has. Once implemented, we should just take it as it is. I think some people are worrying too much to how it will work, but I don't think it's a bad as it sounds or looks.

If you are using the forum correctly though, you should never come across it.

It will cause unrest for a few days... just like the rep system did.

People dont like change!!!

But it's for the greater good... and really shouldnt be something to be concerned by.

jaybiss
DO you have a pair of leather gloves like the 'Equaliser'.

They're a minimum requirement for the job :P

I have a long rubber pink thing, will that do?

stiffler69
No but i got a whole box of latex ones

TU-Tuning
Another question, innapropriate language is swearing, already covered, and also does that mean that if i make some kind of gay related joke which happens all the time because theyre funny, im gonna get a point for being anti gay etc?

The onyl reason im takin it seriously is because it will suck if no one can have a joke around anymore. As i said racism etc is not to be tolerated, but its going to be hard to tell the difference between having a laugh, eg me calling comeone a gay as a joke, and me being abusive.

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:35
The forums still going down for short periods a few times aday, granted tis a high traffic site but surley Simo's paying a fair amount to the company atleast they could do is upgrade to two hamsters in a wheel powering the server rather than one.

I'll pass on your constructive criticism... :err:

I have not experienced any downtime, other than that caused by myself whilst performing upgrades, etc.

Luke
17th September 2006, 22:36
Exactly what Jay said.

People are taking it too seriously, I thought it was a bit much when I first seen it but I can now see why it has been brought in.

We all thought the rep system was going to be a big thing, but it wasn't...!

If everyone behaves, as they usually do then we will all be ok.

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:38
If things get too bad we could always bring in super nanny

Simo
Another question, innapropriate language is swearing, already covered, and also does that mean that if i make some kind of gay related joke which happens all the time because theyre funny, im gonna get a point for beinjg anti gay etc?

Inappropriate language doesn't necessarily have to be swearing.

Do you think we need an 'anti-gay' penalty?! Maybe I missed one.. D'oh!

liamk15
give me 19 bad lad points, i want to live life on the edge

SNewham
I'll pass on your constructive criticism... :err:

I have not experienced any downtime, other than that caused by myself whilst performing upgrades, etc.

I haven't either, it is alot quicker than it used to be

DazzerVTR
17th September 2006, 22:39
Oh I've got one, how do we see how many points we've got?

RE: the host, it might just be me then but ive noticed it happening a few times recently whilst other sites work fine at the time.

Simo
17th September 2006, 22:40

RE: the host, it might just be me then but ive noticed it happening a few times recently whilst other sites work fine at the time.

Go back to the first post and read it properly... ;)

liamk15
17th September 2006, 22:41

''Whenever an infraction penalty is given, the community members are able to see why the infraction was given and what penalty was given. The member who received the infraction penalty may receive further details via PM.

Infraction penalties can be accumulated and may expire over time... All infraction penalties received are shown within the 'user control panel'.''

DazzerVTR
17th September 2006, 22:43
Gurrh sorry case of selective reading again :oops:
Too much infomation to take in at the moment.

TU-Tuning
17th September 2006, 22:43

Do you think we need an 'anti-gay' penalty?! Maybe I missed one.. D'oh!

lol quality. ok so i may have jumped the gun a little :P im gonna have to tone meself down a little bit now tho its gonna be solid to not swear lol

tevs
17th September 2006, 22:45
i think its a good idea. if simo wants to make it a better site instead of all this abuse people say to each other and nastinas then i think its a good idea.:P

stiffler69
17th September 2006, 22:45
lol quality. ok so i may have jumped the gun a little :P im gonna have to tone meself down a little bit now tho its gonna be solid to not swear lol

Cut down on e number and you will do just fine lol

Scott
17th September 2006, 22:50
I think a large number of you are taking this WAY to seriously.

Like the swearing one, we are talking about punishing excessive abusive swearing towards another member. Your right we are grown ups so why not speak like one instead of an uneducated oaf? We will not be clamping down on the occasional swear.

Things like posting in the wrong section: of course we wont hit you with a penalty for a new user posting in the wrong section. THe same sequence will occur but people who damn well know better will be warned and then punished if necessary.

Essentially the way the forum was governed yesterday will not change tomorrow, we WONT be looking to punish people we never have (unless your one of the few that think the mods are out to get you raaarrrrr)

kateandjohn
17th September 2006, 23:05
We will see how this works out!!

SaxOmniaC
17th September 2006, 23:41
interesting!

Barry123
18th September 2006, 00:00
couldnt be assed to read the lot but some good points raised.

Any racism should be delbt with heavily (permanent ban) i have no time for neandethols.

Barry123
18th September 2006, 01:02
Ok read the thread.

Just to reiterate my above post. 14 days for a racist comment is like giving a slapped wrist for sexual assault. Should be banned then hunted down and sliced in little meaty chunks, end of.

i may be a bit of a post abuser but in my defence I (believe I) post a fair amount of helpful technical kak too. I like to post the same way I'd have a jokey conversation face to face with a friend. I'm happy for the rules to be enforced at the end of the day. if my behaviour is considered to fall outside of the constraints set on this forum then so be it - I can change. So can others.

Scott
18th September 2006, 08:18
Ok read the thread.

Just to reiterate my above post. 14 days for a racist comment is like giving a slapped wrist for sexual assault. Should be banned then hunted down and sliced in little meaty chunks, end of.

i may be a bit of a post abuser but in my defence I (believe I) post a fair amount of helpful technical kak too. I like to post the same way I'd have a jokey conversation face to face with a friend. I'm happy for the rules to be enforced at the end of the day. if my behaviour is considered to fall outside of the constraints set on this forum then so be it - I can change. So can others.

Racism part: this will be the case, if there is anything bordering above something that could even remotely be linked to a joke the infractions system goes out the window closely followed by the user. Same with all the categories anything that goes beyond the line can be treated immediately :)

As above the infractions things seem to have been taken a little to seriously, these really are only guidelines and the style of moderating will not be changing its purely an extra tool to deal with "troublesome" people and once implemented on these troublesome folk they will find it really really hard to use this forum succesfully :D

But really these are NOT new hitleresque style enforcement rules these rules will simply work in the background

noxtioN
18th September 2006, 08:44
Good idea in my book!

Simo
18th September 2006, 08:51

The infraction system will not REPLACE our traditional moderating skills/tools, it shall act as an additional tool to help moderators do their jobs more efficiently.

As Scott said... this is a background system, which 'most' people won't see in use. Regular minor-abusers will have action taken against them, making the community better for all.

=======

Another point...

It's all very well people poo-pooing this system, but there really is a need for it I think. You as an individual may be happy with the current forum practices, but many members submit reports and offer comments via email, suggesting that NOT everyone is happy.

Leo
18th September 2006, 11:46
I always feel like, somebody's watching me.

Barry123
18th September 2006, 12:21
Got ya. I understand it a bit better now.

It seems a reasonable practice to implement :)

liamk15
18th September 2006, 12:45
It's all very well people poo-pooing this system, but there really is a need for it I think. You as an individual may be happy with the current forum practices, but many members submit reports and offer comments via email, suggesting that NOT everyone is happy.

with 11700 members at this moment, it will be impossible to make everyone happy.

what one person finds offensive another will think its funny.

Tupps
18th September 2006, 13:05
Do it......if it fails atleast it'll be a laugh

Connor_scotland
18th September 2006, 13:09
i reckon this will work

good plan

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 13:14
Any feedback I can get on my posts is welcomed. If I'm offending loads of people then I need to know about it so I can wind myself down a bit. If I'm not offending anyone then I need ot push things a bit harder :)

Yates
18th September 2006, 13:15
campdavid,alot of your posts amuse me, keep it up

do we have the right to appeal? can we use video evidence? what about other members play acting to get other members booked?

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 13:20
I just got an annoyed e-mail so I think I'm doing ok ;)

Scott
18th September 2006, 13:20
LMFBO all video evidence will be at the ruling of the fat video controller who may just have dropped his donut when an incident took place;)

Play acting will result in an atomic wedgie.

Ahem back on topic :P

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 13:21
campdavid,alot of your posts amuse me, keep it up

do we have the right to appeal? can we use video evidence? what about other members play acting to get other members booked?

also the waving of an imaginary card?

lozi_murias
18th September 2006, 13:25
Sounds like a very good system guys.... glad to know that we as members are being consulted on this sort of thing too. As it will only be a background system, it's not too didactic and dictatorial so no need to worry about the "nanny state" and "1984" connotations. Agree with Ads and the mods on the racism thing - it's no joke, bans are needed.

Simo
18th September 2006, 13:34

Good thinking... we need some new animiated smilies :P

Leo
18th September 2006, 13:37
Have not read this properly so forgive me if this has been covered.

But can it be abused like the rep thing? I have had a few BAD reps for no reason whatsoever which I class as abusing the rep thing... I know not many people are that sad to do it but apprently some are. SO has this been thought about?

Simo
18th September 2006, 13:40
Have not read this properly so forgive me if this has been covered.

But can it be abused like the rep thing? I have had a few BAD reps for no reason whatsoever which I class as abusing the rep thing... I know not many people are that sad to do it but apprently some are. SO has this been thought about?

Only moderators can use the infraction system... so I would say no... it cannot be abused... in theory :P

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 13:42
Sounds fine to me, though you may be making more work for yourselves.

Any new system MUST be designed to work for everyone, that means finding the most stupid person on here and checking they understand

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 13:43
Good thinking... we need some new animiated smilies :P

get it done si :P

Leo
AHhh I see I thought it was for everybody! phew

Yates

i think that this should be stamped out the site, trying to get members booked should result in a booking for themselves

what about the bans? i mean if i get a red card in the gallery cup, i should really just been banned in the gallery for a few a games, an international ban

Yates
18th September 2006, 13:44
Sounds fine to me, though you may be making more work for yourselves.

Any new system MUST be designed to work for everyone, that means finding the most stupid person on here and checking they understand

id like to name a certain member, but i dont want to be the first one to get a card, but she has a silversaxo :P:P:P

liamk15
18th September 2006, 13:45
id like to name a certain member, but i dont want to be the first one to get a card, but she has a silversaxo :P:P:P

think i know who you mean lol

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 13:49
I'm not trying to have a go at anyone but any internet based idea has to follow the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) as everything goes wrong when stupid people get confused

Simo
18th September 2006, 13:52
I'm not trying to have a go at anyone but any internet based idea has to follow the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) as everything goes wrong when stupid people get confused

The system is very easy to understand... it was designed by stupid people, for stupid people :P

Would someone like a live demo? ;)

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 13:53
Yes I would you big Twat (test fodder insult :))

Simo
18th September 2006, 13:56
Yes I would you big Twat (test fodder insult :))

Your judge of character is awesome... you've only met me once!!

;)

barrett
18th September 2006, 13:58
Lmbo, you can only get a warning to start with david, need to be a persistant abuser to get a card:wink:

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 14:19
lol, it all sounds a massive effort :)

Simo, I have only met you once and you ran away fairly sharply. That said I was having a bit of an Oasis hair day seeings as my bathroom lights went out on me before trax. I also had a bit of a beard. I'd have legged it too :)

Tupps
18th September 2006, 14:21
When's this going to up and underway then?

Simo
18th September 2006, 14:24
When's this going to up and underway then?

The system was launched yesterday when I made this thread.

Simo
18th September 2006, 14:25
lol, it all sounds a massive effort :)

Simo, I have only met you once and you ran away fairly sharply. That said I was having a bit of an Oasis hair day seeings as my bathroom lights went out on me before trax. I also had a bit of a beard. I'd have legged it too :)

You came over at a bad time... :P

I cant remember the detail... but you had a look of David Badeil(sp) about you. :P :oops:

Tupps
18th September 2006, 14:27
Is the any way we (Saxperience'rs) can keep track of how many points were on?

Section in our CP explaining what the points were given for?

Simo
18th September 2006, 14:28
Is the any way we (Saxperience'rs) can keep track of how many points were on?

Section in our CP explaining what the points were given for?

Yes, thats exactly how it will work... the idea ofcourse is NOT to collect any infraction points. :err:

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 14:35
You came over at a bad time... :P

I cant remember the detail... but you had a look of David Badeil(sp) about you. :P :oops:

hahahaha, loads of people have said that. I only had it cut friday, too much else to do with a new flat etc.

Tupps
18th September 2006, 14:36
How about a bonus scheme for people who get 0 points for a certain length of time....

i.e Discounted membership.....Weeks free membership?

blah blah

hesslevtr
18th September 2006, 15:43
it sounds good

im like the new rule about stalking aswell

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 16:03
it sounds good

im like the new rule about stalking aswell

Whats this new stalking rule about? Will it stop Leckie sending me obscene images of himself and a cucumber?

David
18th September 2006, 16:06
I'm well concious of this text talk thing as i'm so use to writing "tbh" and "imo" :sad:

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 16:08
imo and tbh are fine IMO (;))

its wiv and l8r and sht lke dat

Yates
18th September 2006, 16:08
imo and tbh are fine IMO (;))

its wiv and l8r and sht lke dat

init

tbh and imo are abreviations (sp) not text talk

Curran
18th September 2006, 16:10
what about cos and probly?

Yates
18th September 2006, 16:12
what about cos and probly?

text talk

hesslevtr
18th September 2006, 16:26
Whats this new stalking rule about? Will it stop Leckie sending me obscene images of himself and a cucumber?

its in the forum rules 6th paragraph down i think

i hope it does there not pice pictures are they

Yates
18th September 2006, 16:31
i like cucumber

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 16:36
So do I, but he's put me right off it with those pics ;)

hesslevtr
18th September 2006, 16:40
So do I, but he's put me right off it with those pics ;)

you wanna see the fire extinguisher pics

Yates
18th September 2006, 16:42
ive got marrow pics

CampDavid
18th September 2006, 16:44
I think we may all get reds for a professional derailment

James
18th September 2006, 16:46
Im 18 not 6... this site is becoming more like work/school everyday. I come on here to relax and talk with friends not read through every single post i make just because i might 'offend' someone or have a naughty swear word in it. You make rules for kids not adults who come on here for a laugh and a bit of banter..

I am not for this but then again i dont think we have a choice at the end of the day, i honestlly cannot see how someone gets upset about some swearing. It just seams to me this site is becoming extreme.. Some rules i can agree with but a banning system is just over the top in my eyes.

Luke
18th September 2006, 16:52
I have had my opinions of this thread and I was sat in work today thinking about it. Some of the points Cloud has just mentioned, I agree with but I can see why it has been brought in..!

It doesn't feel the same place to me now though, feels like every move is getting watched.

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 16:53
luke it wont effect you mate, your behaviour imo has been fine so i doubt youll notice it

b0t13
18th September 2006, 16:56
I have had my opinions of this thread and I was sat in work today thinking about it. Some of the points Cloud has just mentioned, I agree with but I can see why it has been brought in..!

It doesn't feel the same place to me now though, feels like every move is getting watched.

ditto, i also feel that the site is fine how it is without these little extra things to keep us inline although there is good reasoning behind it, i dont really want to watch what i type all the time.

Luke
Cheers Jay, I don't think it will effect me either because imo I have never caused trouble on here or done anything bad.

Barry123
interesting point cloudy

James
feels like every move is getting watched.

Theres a rule for that luke, that 'stalking' one if i stand correct. Get the mod who warns you banned for stalking.. Guess it dosent work both ways though. Also if we cant swear... why is there a smile provoking it.. :gives:

Luke
18th September 2006, 16:57
ditto, i also feel that the site is fine how it is without these little extra things to keep us inline although there is good reasoning behind it, i dont really want to watch what i type all the time.

I wasn't meaning by what we type, because I don't type rubbish or offensive things anyway.

That doesn't bother me..

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 16:57
where does it state where you cannot swear?

cloud read the whole thread as your points have been brought up already

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 16:58

:beer:

James
18th September 2006, 16:59
where does it state where you cannot swear?

cloud read the whole thread as your points have been brought up already

Why should i..., at the end of the day im saying my opinion.. not reading what other people think because in all honestlly i couldent give a ....

Luke
18th September 2006, 16:59
We all know the mods cannot not watch us 24/7, that isn't possible and it isn't possible for them to go through every thread.

I'm not acting like I'm taking this too seriously, because I'm not.

jaybiss
18th September 2006, 17:02
Why should i..., at the end of the day im saying my opinion.. not reading what other people think because in all honestlly i couldent give a ....

if you read the thread though james, youll see its not being watched 24/7 etc

its a good move imo and not many people will know its there

Mark
18th September 2006, 17:28
You make rules for kids not adultsWithout rules for kids and adults, society would quickly degrade into chaos. Kids may not understand rules, adults should.

i honestlly cannot see how someone gets upset about some swearing.I am saddened by much of the swearing I see, but it doesn't mean I am going to take action over it. It is a free world blah blah blah... but if someone goes too far then it becomes an issue.

I've known people say I am a miserable moderator - I'm an adult I can take that - everyone has their own opinion.

It just seams to me this site is becoming extreme..The rules of the site have not been changed. The only change is that a new system has been introduced to handle trouble if and when it happens, a system that is fairer to all and more transparent. There are other forums on the Internet where moderators issue bans for no apparent reason and people often feel they have been mistreated unfairly. The infraction system is designed precisely to prevent this. Not only can we keep troublemakers in check, but the general population also get to understand what the moderators are doing.

Reading some of the posts in this thread, some people are taking this FAR TOO SERIOUSLY! For the vast majority of decent respectful Saxperience members this system will have no noticible impact on their enjoyment of Saxperience.

Somewhere in this thread "inappropriate language" has been confused with "swearing", when they are not necessarily the same thing.

Much more goes on behind the scenes than most would realise to enable everyone to enjoy this forum. This system is being introduced to make things better for ALL the Saxperience members, not to give moderators power kicks. The mods/admins donate a lot of their own free time (unpaid) to ensure that Saxperience runs smoothly and trouble free.

Surely something that makes their job a little easier and helps people see that the mods take an active interest in guiding the community isn't so bad. I believe that Saxperience will benefit from this system and hopefully people will appreciate that in time.

Scott
18th September 2006, 17:49
Adults? I must have missed when some of you have been able to act like adults for example the swearing, yes i do it but would i miss it or whine about it? No i wouldnt i have an extensive enough vocabulary to get by without it.

The reaction to some of this has been postively pathetic, there have been genuine misunderstandings but the cool dudes who think they can post what they wish and not give a donkey about what other people think are the ones that will be affected by this. This is a forum not somewhere that you can practice what you please.

Its already been clearly explained that you will be allowed to have your swearing, it will be excessive abusive swearing that will be targetted and repremanded.

Simo
18th September 2006, 17:56
Im 18 not 6... this site is becoming more like work/school everyday. I come on here to relax and talk with friends not read through every single post i make just because i might 'offend' someone or have a naughty swear word in it. You make rules for kids not adults who come on here for a laugh and a bit of banter..

Everyone in life needs to have consideration for the feelings of other people. If you dont have respect for other peoples feelings, then you should expect for your own feelings not to be respected too.

At the end of the day, you don't have to 'tolerate' this system or any new system, which is put in place for the benefit of the community. You have the option to logon... as far as I'm aware no user of Saxperience is forced to use the community?

A phrase often used at the place I work... 'deal with it!'

James
18th September 2006, 18:07
Everyone in life needs to have consideration for the feelings of other people. If you dont have respect for other peoples feelings, then you should expect for your own feelings not to be respected too.

At the end of the day, you don't have to 'tolerate' this system or any new system, which is put in place for the benefit of the community. You have the option to logon... as far as I'm aware no user of Saxperience is forced to use the community?

A phrase often used at the place I work... 'deal with it!'

If i wished to have my 'feelings' respected than i would of come running a long time ago, an example;

Some one made a comment about my girlfriend the other week, i dident cry about it I simply resolved it with that person and it wont happen again... I dont need rules to protect me. As my mother used to say 'Your big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself'. Now if people cannot take a bit of banter on the internet to me that says allot about that person.

As a premium member on this site i would expect to at least have my opinion voiced before such a sytem has been envoked, I paid my money for a site what i enjoyed at the time.. now if your not willing to ask the members opinions who keep this site afloat before you implent such a big system thats saying something.

In all honesty i do not understand how you and your mods expect everyone to be hands down happy about this, you made a thread asking for 'opinions'. Iv'e just made my opinion as clear as i could and youve said 'i have the choice to logon'. Your looking at this the wrong way.. Why should i not have a choice to logon.. thats not my problem. I can go on with this all day Simo but im going to stop now because i simply cant be arsed to fight to have my opinion voiced in a reasonable manner.

Scott
18th September 2006, 18:16
thats exactly it you havent voiced it in a reasonable manner. You have only looked at it from your point of view how you feel, we have to look at a much wider angle than that and your in the minority when you say:
'Your big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself'. Now if people cannot take a bit of banter on the internet to me that says allot about that person.

People dont come here to take, what you think, is banter unfortunately its a bad world where people do take offence to things being said to them whether it be on the internet or in real life.

Also without actualyl taking the time to read the thread again you have chosen to not look at your opinion first off. You have taken the infractions guidelines far to seriously, if you had taken the 10 minutes to have a quick read then you would have seen that your concerns had already been covered and answered.

This is not a hitler like change, its another tool that can be used to bring people into line. And ill repeat for you that things havent changed from before these were implemented, no infractions have been issued, people are still swearing and still posting in the wrong place. So i ask you to reconsider your opinion because effectively nothing has changed theres just something else in the back ground and chances are it may never affect you.

Yates
18th September 2006, 18:18
http://www.nordickids.co.uk/acatalog/The_Rose_dummy_by_Elodie_baby_accessories.html

James
18th September 2006, 18:25
So Scott, if i am to voice my opinion and call you a cunt thats ok?, i wont get a 'red card' and get sent off will I?

At the end of the day you have asked for opinions and i gave you mine, now if you wanted all happy comments why dident you make a thread called 'Happy thoughts only'. From my view your fighting to win people over not debating an issue. Sax-p dosent need a freaking ban system.. Its members are 18+ on average, if they cannot take a warning from a mod/admin then ban them and they will change there tune. At the end of the day scott you have no voice of reason, this HAS been added full stop. You do not wish to hear what people think unless its a good comment. Like i said i arnt going to argue this for years with you. PM if you wish to talk, i wont do it on here.

Mark
18th September 2006, 18:27
Its members are 18+ on average, if they cannot take a warning from a mod/admin then ban them and they will change there tune.The system we have introduced is MUCH MUCH fairer than that. I'm puzzled now?

Yates
18th September 2006, 18:27
not sure about card, but i think its defo a penalty

oz_borne
18th September 2006, 19:14
So Scott, if i am to voice my opinion and call you a cunt thats ok?, i wont get a 'red card' and get sent off will I?

At the end of the day you have asked for opinions and i gave you mine, now if you wanted all happy comments why dident you make a thread called 'Happy thoughts only'. From my view your fighting to win people over not debating an issue. Sax-p dosent need a freaking ban system.. Its members are 18+ on average, if they cannot take a warning from a mod/admin then ban them and they will change there tune. At the end of the day scott you have no voice of reason, this HAS been added full stop. You do not wish to hear what people think unless its a good comment. Like i said i arnt going to argue this for years with you. PM if you wish to talk, i wont do it on here.

Calling somone a 'cnut' in a way in which is deemed abusive, will get you a warning.....yes.

thoughts are asked for because we are a fair set of mods. We have been discussing this for weeks, and we won't know if it works for weeks to come. If some of our members were to come up with a brilliant suggestion which would compliment/improve the infractions system, we would be silly to not add it to the system.

Your thoughts are your thoughts. the infractions system is part of the recent update and so is a worthwhile and fair way to moderate the site.

Cloud you know me, and know how i work but recently the forum has become harder to moderate. Everyone has a set of guidlines to live by which is just the way society works. Up till now.....6 years, i believe, Saxp has never needed 'rules' but in recent months we could......but won't.....drag up threads which dictate the necessity for the infractions system.

it's good to see people believe we are fair and we will remain so even with this system.

:A:

Martsax
18th September 2006, 19:42
I better behave then :)

Luke
18th September 2006, 19:44
You said it..

Yates
18th September 2006, 19:58
id like to become a referees assistant

hesslevtr
18th September 2006, 20:00
can i be fourth official

dont have todo any running then

Yates
18th September 2006, 20:05
i just want a flag to wave about

hesslevtr
18th September 2006, 20:06
i jusy want a board with numbers on so i can f**k up like most fouth officials

pug_boe
18th September 2006, 21:40
I have just been reading this thread and it is interesting to read some of your comments and see the way you are acting towards it. It is a new thing for everyone and i am looking forward to using it as to me its a fairer way of dealing with things for all the mods.

I understand some of you seem somewhat angry about this but hopefully you can see things from a mods point of view

SaxOmniaC
18th September 2006, 21:54
i can see things from your point of view boe;)

Simo
18th September 2006, 23:38
As a premium member on this site i would expect to at least have my opinion voiced before such a sytem has been envoked, I paid my money for a site what i enjoyed at the time.. now if your not willing to ask the members opinions who keep this site afloat before you implent such a big system thats saying something.

What is it saying exactly?? I act (and always have done) in the best interests of the community members... looking after the best interests of the majority.

You seem to have taken offence to this system... in part because you dont understand it and can't be bothered to try to.

The members who will be opposed to this system will in the minority.. and probably threatened by the potential penalisation.

In all honesty i do not understand how you and your mods expect everyone to be hands down happy about this, you made a thread asking for 'opinions'. Iv'e just made my opinion as clear as i could and youve said 'i have the choice to logon'. Your looking at this the wrong way.. Why should i not have a choice to logon.. thats not my problem. I can go on with this all day Simo but im going to stop now because i simply cant be arsed to fight to have my opinion voiced in a reasonable manner.

I'm happy for you to voice your opinion and keep doing so... I'm man enough to handle your comments good or bad.

TU-Tuning
18th September 2006, 23:47
Im not personally threatened by the system mate, i just thought at first that it could ruin the atmosphere if that makes sense. But if as you said it makes no difference to what it is like at the moment, unless you are a twat and act like one all the time then its all good.

Billog_VTR
18th September 2006, 23:48
Is there going to be an oppurtunity to challenge/defend against an infraction or will mods have last say?

Not that im planning a rebellion or anything just wondering how strict the system will be.

TU-Tuning
18th September 2006, 23:49
Not that im planning a rebellion or anything.

quality lol

Billog_VTR
18th September 2006, 23:53
sorry answered my own 1st question there!! still how strict are you planning on it being? or is it just a way to punish things which are flagged by mods at present?

Barry123
18th September 2006, 23:56
Now i believe that cloud's current and previous behaviour would never fall into any of the offence categories.

The mods may see it differently to be honest. I like to be chatty on this site and i dont think i go round deliberately upsetting people. i will be honest, hopefully not to the extent that people are heavily offended - otherwise i'd be very dissapointed with myself.

But i am worrying that i may fall into some of the these offences... would that be a fairly true statement? simo + gang?

It would be a good idea to establish examples of what is suitable and what isnt - i know that may be obvious in some cases, but it others it might not :)

Simo
18th September 2006, 23:58
sorry answered my own 1st question there!! still how strict are you planning on it being? or is it just a way to punish things which are flagged by mods at present?

The treatment of members will be no stricter than it has always been...

Again.. for the record.

The infraction system will be used in union with the community rules... none of which are NEW rules, this is simply the first time they have been formerly written down.

Simo
18th September 2006, 23:59
But i am worrying that i may fall into some of the these offences... would that be a fairly true statement? simo + gang?

It would be a good idea to establish examples of what is suitable and what isnt - i know that may be obvious in some cases but it others it might now :)

I dont think Ive seen a post of yours that would warrant a penalty. But maybe Ive not been reading enough :P

Barry123
19th September 2006, 00:02
cool stuff :)

just i know where I stand thats all... hopefully i wont have sparked a huge 'simo am i bad' thread.

apoligies.

Billog_VTR
19th September 2006, 00:02
The treatment of members will be no stricter than it has always been...

Again.. for the record.

The infraction system will be used in union with the community rules... none of which are NEW rules, this is simply the first time they have been formerly written down.

Not knocking the system before its even being tried, but I feel yours and others time could be better spent addressing more ipressing issues than this which I dont think many members including myself dont see a real issue at present.

Dont have a problem with it at all and seen as though it looks like alot of the work has already been done bring it on, see how it goes.

Simo
19th September 2006, 00:03
I really dont know why people are taking offence at this system? Every community has rules (written or not) and moderating practices. We simply have a hybrid moderating tool...

Dont stress about this!

Simo
19th September 2006, 00:04
Not knocking the system before its even being tried, but I feel yours and others time could be better spent addressing more ipressing issues than this which I dont think many members including myself dont see a real issue at present.

Dont have a problem with it at all and seen as though it looks like alot of the work has already been done bring it on, see how it goes.

This system will SAVE valuable moderator time. Trust me on that...

Barry123
19th September 2006, 00:06
bill... what sort of other issues man?

the forum is one of the fastest and bestly (made that word up :cool:) organised site i've come across to be honest... dont know how it could improved.

Simo
19th September 2006, 00:07
I dont think many members including myself dont see a real issue at present.

Often, issues are dealt with before many people see the aftermath... moderators tend to be quick acting on sax-p (if someone is online)

There are currently OVER 900 deleted threads in this community... threads rarely get deleted. Sometimes the get locked to diffuse a situation, but something 'bad' has to happen to get a post deleted.

So 900 deletions is pretty bad...

Billog_VTR
19th September 2006, 00:08
This system will SAVE valuable moderator time. Trust me on that...

I worry that this could be because of a more abrupt approach though. I dont think too many people have taken offence mate but if you open a thread asking for comments then people will pick niggly worries. I'm all for the system, aslong as its used in a similar mannor as you would do when recieving a word from a mod re-instating the rules.

Simo
19th September 2006, 00:10
I worry that this could be because of a more abrupt approach though. I dont think too many people have taken offence mate but if you open a thread asking for comments then people will pick niggly worries. I'm all for the system, aslong as its used in a similar mannor as you would do when recieving a word from a mod re-instating the rules.

Then dont worry...

If you receive an infraction penalty you automatically receive a PM saying what/when/why you received it along with some comments from the moderator.

The mode of contact is far easier/efficient for the moderators.

Billog_VTR
19th September 2006, 00:14
Then dont worry...

If you receive an infraction penalty you automatically receive a PM saying what/when/why you received it along with some comments from the moderator.

and that short explanation has scratched the worry I had. It sounds like it will also cause alot less hastle for when people do have to be warned as I've noticed sometimes when mods step in, they get a fair bit of attention, like school kids laughing when there mate gets told off. I for one hold my hands up for occasionaly having a giggle at someone getting a little irate because because there posts/threads get deleted!

Simo
19th September 2006, 00:19
and that short explanation has scratched the worry I had. It sounds like it will also cause alot less hastle for when people do have to be warned as I've noticed sometimes when mods step in, they get a fair bit of attention, like school kids laughing when there mate gets told off. I for one hold my hands up for occasionaly having a giggle at someone getting a little irate because because there posts/threads get deleted!

Sorry, my replies are getting shorter and shorter regarding this topic :P

Billog_VTR
19th September 2006, 00:24
short and to the point, I'm a simple guy I like simple comments!

Billog_VTR
19th September 2006, 06:48
bill... what sort of other issues man?

the forum is one of the fastest and bestly (made that word up :cool:) organised site i've come across to be honest... dont know how it could improved.

sorry mate missed your post, I was referring to a thread I read a little while ago about things such as a different selling system. I would have thought a bit of confidence when buying/selling would have been up there on most users wish list, rather than dicipline! lol but guess we always have egay! Another was regional meets I think or a big sax-p meet?? Anyhow i'm quite looking forward to seeing the system in place was just wondering if it was a mod decision to introduce this system or whether we, as in paying users, were asked where we'd like to see time spent?

Simo
19th September 2006, 07:00
was just wondering if it was a mod decision to introduce this system or whether we, as in paying users, were asked where we'd like to see time spent?

Premium Members are constantly asked how the Premium Member services should be improved... and usually we receive very little feedback.

Membership fees do not contribute in any way towards 'time' being spent on management activities. Nobody receives a wage from this.

Some people are blowing this system WELL OUT OF PROPORTION.

It took approx 2 hours to set this system up... and a couple of weeks to chew it over and decide if it was the correct thing to do (a process always undertaken by the admin/mod team). The community will see that it was the correct decision in time.

This thread has turned into quite a deep cutting debate and shows some members' true feelings about certain aspects of Saxperience. I am truly concerned and a little disgusted by some of these feelings.

I can see my responses getting shorter and blunter.

CampDavid
19th September 2006, 07:30
am i right in thinking that this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other times? Why do people have a problem with this? Why do they even care that much as it won't affect many on here

Simo
19th September 2006, 07:41
am i right in thinking that this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other times? Why do people have a problem with this? Why do they even care that much as it won't affect many on here

Yes.... thats exactly right.

This system offers the moderators a better tool to moderate consistently AND offers a better method of documenting who has dealt with what situation... and how.

It also enables the community to 'see' things are being dealt with responsibly.

CampDavid
19th September 2006, 07:53
That's completely unreasonable Simo.I think you should Lock threads with sarcastic coments and give out bans willy nilly. Thats the way its always been and thats the way it should stay!

saxoash
19th September 2006, 07:56
Should have done it like a driving licence where u got 12? points and after that you get banned lol

I dont see nothing wrong with this system, good idea guys!

hesslevtr
19th September 2006, 07:57
jesus this has gone abit far hasnt it

your gona have to be a proper t**t to get banned on here even i dont think i can manage it ;)

think evryone just needs to chill and get on with it

oh and people who start 0-60 in second threads sholud be shot not banned

hesslevtr
19th September 2006, 07:59
Should have done it like a driving licence where u got 12? points and after that you get banned lol

it is though and you get 20 points instead

AdamW
19th September 2006, 08:21
19 points and counting................lol

Yates
19th September 2006, 10:20
19 points and counting................lol

i think your offside

Luke
19th September 2006, 12:14
Seems to me people are taking this out of proportion.

I don't even let it bother me, I'm just carrying on using Saxperience as I have always done and always will.

Simple as, I have nothing to be afraid of because I don't act like a dick on the forums tbh.

AdamW
19th September 2006, 12:18
I didnt even read the thread, I just found the need to post a pointless remark as 10 pages have passed and there was not 1 post from myself.

hesslevtr
19th September 2006, 12:20
I didnt even read the thread, I just found the need to post a pointless remark as 10 pages have passed and there was not 1 post from myself.

red card your off

Mark
19th September 2006, 13:06
this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other timesCould not have put it better myself! :P

b0t13
19th September 2006, 15:34
maybe show the users whats acceptable and what isnt as this may clear up alot of issues because this new system is coming across as a 'do what ur told, otherwise u get an infraction' way

would these comment get some1 in trouble?
'oh crap i broke my toothbrush'
'when i met u at the meet, u smelt like turd :P'

or just comments like
'your a cock'
'bellend!'
still classed as abusive?

the top comments are banter and i think thats fine, but the second set shud be punished in the right cercumstances

this isnt meant to 'offend' anyone im just clearing this up!

hesslevtr
19th September 2006, 15:36
maybe show the users whats acceptable and what isnt as this may clear up alot of issues because this new system is coming across as a 'do what ur told, otherwise u get an infraction' way

or just comments like
'your a cock'
'bellend!'

the top comments are banter and i think thats fine, but the second set shud be punished in the right cercumstances

its pritty comon sense really whats aceptable

why dont people just forget about this new system and pretend it not there

CampDavid
19th September 2006, 15:39
Could not have put it better myself! :P

Damn right, now make me a mod so I can use this system to unleash my own brand of "Camp Justice" :D

CampDavid
19th September 2006, 15:41

or just comments like
'your a cock'
'bellend!'

Simo - As I said earlier, KISS

hesslevtr
19th September 2006, 15:43
Damn right, now make me a mod so I can use this system to unleash my own brand of "Camp Justice" :D

pah get in the que i want a BAN button first

al_VTR
19th September 2006, 19:00
christ 11 pages & counting, definitely got some feedback from this one Simo. some good, some bad but pretty much in the whole (well the pages i've read) has been relatively constructive.

i think the system has been bought in because of the amount of problems that the moderating team have to deal with sometimes. the system will allow a quicker way of dealing with people & also give a consistent scoring system visible to everyone.

i think its a good idea & don't expect the majority of people worried about it will even notice a difference. the moderators haven't abused their positions so doubt they'll start handing out random points just for the fun of it or because someone makes a "little" mistake

bullit
19th September 2006, 19:25
as there are 50 million pages to read ill give them a miss. 'waits to be carded.'
my quick bit of input though is no need to swear in thread titles and posting in the wrong section pisses me off too. that is all.

Martsax
19th September 2006, 20:35
Sorry but im totally lost with this whole system Thingy.Can someone Simplyfy it. :)

bullit
19th September 2006, 20:37
yeah no spamming

Martsax
19th September 2006, 20:38
Got it,Thanks. Rep your way be cometh

Yates
19th September 2006, 21:26
no need in rep, yellow card

saxo_fone
26th February 2010, 08:46
the text talk penalty seems a bit harsh. how extreme is it going to be? will you get 1 point every time you use one abbreviated word or how will it work? what if you use a slang word or something, will you get penalised for that? how about something like "sumthin" is that classed as txt talk or not?

I agree curran, i mean most users on here like me are teens who have grown up wiv such language, same with inappropiate language.

J222JRA
26th February 2010, 08:56
I agree curran, i mean most users on here like me are teens who have grown up wiv such language, same with inappropiate language.

Is it just me that finds Text Talk hard to read???? No.........we have members from all over the world on this forum, they find it hard enough to read proper English without trying to read text talk.

Anyway.....the rules have been in place for a long time now and they will not be changing.

Also thanks for bumping a 4 year old thread.

James

Alanapone
26th February 2010, 08:58
LOL to the bump of this this thread... did you not look at the post dates? hehehehe

JamesR
26th February 2010, 08:59
If you where in work or typing something for college etc would you use text talk? No. Just because you have "grown up with it" doesn't mean you use it everywhere, it is called "text talk" for a reason, to be used for texing lol

dondan
20th May 2012, 18:34
Ahem, bumped due to current climate :)

Viper
20th May 2012, 18:38
Ahem, bumped due to current climate :)

Meteorological or economical?

Moke
22nd June 2012, 19:11
Meteorological or economical?

Both...

blackie_2k5
22nd June 2012, 21:51
i haver never seen this before :p

Prickle
22nd June 2012, 21:55
i haver never seen this before :p

http://www.amplify-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yellowcard.jpg

Baz
23rd June 2012, 00:43
http://www.amplify-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yellowcard.jpg

Only a yellow?

Dan gave me a Red card for: Reason: Inappropriate Behaviour
back in 07.

Was 2 points lol, whatever that means? :drink: more and carry on!