PDA

View Full Version : Security?

zzJon
14th January 2004, 15:02
I was ever so pleased when I got my mew Aerial and valve caps yesterday, went out, washed me wheels, all nice and shiny and put me new bits on.

Needless to say I was well pissed of with the thieving cunts that seem to live in Grimsby when I found them all missing this morning, 4 caps and an Aerial smileys/smiley17.gif

Wondering if its worth it!! thats £200 for the key scratch, £65 Mirror, £30 for 2 pairs of badges, £15 Aerial and £10 caps in last 6 months.

Wouldn't be so bad but I don't live in one of the Shitty areas.

So anyone know where I can get myself a locking Aerial/valve caps and a sawnoff shotty from?

charlieb
14th January 2004, 15:43
thats some bad luck mate smileys/smiley19.gif ! get your self a baseball bat at give it to those theiving shits if you find them!!! smileys/boxing.gif

Smithy2003
14th January 2004, 20:04
Richbrook.
They do aerials and valve caps.
Look about on Motorworld (www.motor-world.co.uk) they might have something.

For a shotty. Go to a local gun club. Become a member and get a shotgun licence. Buy a shot gun, store at home in secure locker (Can get them for cars toosmileys/happy.gif).
Just cut the barrels short with a grinder making sure the cartridges ain't in the chamber and bobs your sawnoff!!

Just come up with a good reason why it shorter than it should be when the police come to inspect your gun locker - Every couple of months or so.

barrett
14th January 2004, 21:47
lol to smithy. smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif

Look on www.ebay.co.uk and search for car acessories. Then find the seller waxacar and he usually has both of those in his auctions. He is good to deal with.

Andyt
14th January 2004, 23:35
sorry to hear about the misfortune there, i had the same done to mine, well arial and valve caps stolen.
So i got new ones and then sme & my mates staked out my car the night i fitted them and kicked fuck out of the first guys who touched the car. Was pretty effective at the time. smileys/smiley4.gif

zzJon
15th January 2004, 04:16
Cheers guys. Richbrook do an anti-theft aerial,uses allen keys but not sure exactly how it will work, will see when it arrives.

Smithy2003
15th January 2004, 05:24
I've got one on my car and it ain't been nicked yet.

One thread bolt type thingy (it's late ok!) goes into where the old aerial was and tightens using an allen key in the top.
The aerial then screws onto that tightly. The grub screw is then tightened and nothing moves.
The valve caps are the same. Screw onto thread and a grub screw secures them so thieving twats can't get them off without carrying a set of allen keys with them.