PDA

View Full Version : What to eat?

swanssax
2nd October 2006, 08:54
I'm after some advice on what's best to eat and when?

I'm 28, 6ft 2" and weigh 16st 3lb! I'm quite broad up top but have a good sized darby!! I try to eat healthy alot of the time but get too tempted by chocolate after my meal. I also find it easy to put something in the microwave rather than cook something healthy (yes i'm pretty lazy!) I cant get to the gym very often coz of my job and the time's i have my daughter. So basically what i'm asking is...

What should i eat and when?

Any alternatives to chocolate after my food to supress my sweet tooth craving?

What's the best time to stop eating? (i.e. dont eat after 6pm)

I basically want to lose my darby and just get fitter coz at the moment i'm getting out of breath playing football with my daughter and running up and down the stairs!! I also want to be around to watch my girl grow up. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Leo
2nd October 2006, 14:18
Hi, although hard the best advice I can give you is just knock the choclate and that on the head and keep eating well. Won't be easy but like you said you want to be around for your daughter so you have to decide which is more important to you. Cooking can be really good fun and is something worth getting into, maybe check out some healthy cooking books. I think its not good to eat after 7pm so 6pm sounds fine

swanssax
2nd October 2006, 14:28
Thanks for the advice Leo. When i make the effort i love cooking but if there is a choice between a mirowave meal and a cooking from scratch then sadly the microwave wins!! :(

But your right i do need to decide what's more important and put it to practice.

Barry123
2nd October 2006, 16:19
Dude i take it you shop for yourself... simply have a bit of will power... when mooching around the supermarket everything you put in think about the effect it will have on you... ie... fatty, sugary etc... and whether it'll hinder or aid your attempt to shed some blob.

Be firm on yourself. if you dont have the crap in the house you cant eat it :)

Good luck

saxooxas
2nd October 2006, 17:37
a tasty sweet orange should help instead of chocolate, failing that what about limiting yourself to only say one chocolate bar a day or everythime you do soemthing healthy! Also drink orange juice, its sweet, vitc which stops colds and stuff and keeps you healthy

Leo
2nd October 2006, 19:08
a tasty sweet orange should help instead of chocolate, failing that what about limiting yourself to only say one chocolate bar a day or everythime you do soemthing healthy! Also drink orange juice, its sweet, vitc which stops colds and stuff and keeps you healthy

how about have some choclate on a friday (or pick one day a week) - for sanitys sake and also to look forward too

WestyVTR
2nd October 2006, 19:21
:ponder:

:pizza:

eat peaches! i could eat a peach for hours...........

Recovery
2nd October 2006, 23:42
Good solid meals everyday.. thats the best bit of advice I can give you.. breakfast being the most important.. it doesn't matter how much you eat.. as long you eat a good healthy sum of food during the course of the day and not all at once :Y:

kcsaxo
22nd October 2006, 13:35
only thing to do is knock chocolate on the head and quit it. or rather that have a solid choc bar, why not subsitute it for a chocolate coated cereal bar or something along those lines. you will still what you need only less of it.

also they key to eating healthy is not to completely change your diet around, but to subsitute things for other versions. microwaving is brilliant for quick meals so rather than put in a ready meal, slap in a jacket potato thats cut in half. once cooked you can open a can of tuna and baked beans and your job is done. try making an omolette or other foods as it doesnt have to be something that takes two hours to prepare.

also regarding when to stop eating i usually try eating nothing after 9pm. also dont avoid breakfast.

Mitchell
22nd October 2006, 13:43
make your own home-made protein bars.

dead cheap and they taste quality !

Leo
22nd October 2006, 13:44
also before u go shopped eat until u are full, this helps people to stop buying crap when shopping as u are full

Leo
22nd October 2006, 13:44
make your own home-made protein bars.

dead cheap and they taste quality !

Teach me!!!!!

Mitchell
22nd October 2006, 19:17
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

1 cup oat flour
1 ½ cups whey protein powder
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup nonfat dry milk powder
¼ cup splenda
½ teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)
½ teaspoon super-strength peanut butter flavoring (LorAnn)
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ - 1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, flavorings, and peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. With an electric mixer, slowly add the water until dough becomes a “gooey play-dough” consistency. Pour batter in lined pan, spreading, or pressing dough to an even thickness.

Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 bars.

Calories: 250 Protein: 24g Carbs: 24 Fats: 7 g

thats what I use. mmmmmmmmm

Leo
22nd October 2006, 19:40
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

1 cup oat flour
1 ½ cups whey protein powder
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup nonfat dry milk powder
¼ cup splenda
½ teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)
½ teaspoon super-strength peanut butter flavoring (LorAnn)
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ - 1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, flavorings, and peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. With an electric mixer, slowly add the water until dough becomes a “gooey play-dough” consistency. Pour batter in lined pan, spreading, or pressing dough to an even thickness.

Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 bars.

Calories: 250 Protein: 24g Carbs: 24 Fats: 7 g

thats what I use. mmmmmmmmm

I'm in, nice one!!!