PDA

View Full Version : Links to Vids

Martsax
13th October 2006, 21:31
Ok
Remember someone(or somepeoples) ranting on about how annoying links to vidoes on here are to click on(so hard click,clunk done)
Is there anyway possable Master Simo or Mark can enable HTML for us to be able to embedd video's? Or is there a certain reason why this has been disabled.This would then quieten those ranting persons rant
Mart

Clouds_mate
14th October 2006, 08:56
whats so hard about just clicking on the link?

dont mean to sound funny (for once) but really....

Simo
14th October 2006, 09:32
html will not be enabled for security reasons...

Leo
16th October 2006, 10:38
Lazy barssstard just click the links, also its much more tidyer.. I mean a few videos fuck up and dont play and "install divx" etc etc.. dont want to see all that in a forum thread..

CampDavid
17th October 2006, 12:37
it would also be a shit cunt for those of us who are at work

TU-Tuning
17th October 2006, 12:48
wtf do they want the site to navigate via telepathy too? thats pathetic tbh

saxoash
17th October 2006, 14:53
Dont think you will find any forums where they have html in posts enabled very unsecure

Barry123
17th October 2006, 15:29
surely though it can be done in the same way links to pictures are done!?

James
17th October 2006, 15:54
If you enable HTML your opening all kinds of issues... one for example is using a HTML code to automaticlly send you to a website. There is hundreds of things to consider.. this is why most forums use BB codes.

Martsax
21st October 2006, 20:43
after reading posts,i new most of that anyways lol
Just sick of some people complaining about linking to vids.
Adnd the way pics are shown,i think there should be some way of doing so for vids

Mark
22nd October 2006, 11:38
As well as the security implications of enabling html posting (and there are far too many to list), I think it would be very unpopular to embed video into threads.

Imagine visitors with slow connections or on dial-up. Loading too many large images can be bad enough, what happens if someone embeds a 10MB video into every post - it would take them forever to read a thread (if they didn't give up first).

Much better to allow people to read the threads, then click to view the video if they want to, rather than forcing it upon them.