PDA

View Full Version : Purge Valve

Smithy2003
30th January 2004, 01:22
What does a purge valve do and what does it purge??

jamesg88
30th January 2004, 01:27
a purge valve releases nitrous oxide out of a tee piece, usually out of your bonnet.to have this u need nos, it dosent serve a purpose it jus scares the shit out of people and looks cool.when a squirt of nos is blasted into the air.

Smithy2003
30th January 2004, 01:30
Fair do's.
Would it work the same with the CO2 kits that are now available.

CO2 cools the air going into the engine for more power, similar mechanism to Nos tho.

jamesg88
30th January 2004, 01:49
ain't too sure mate.but dont think of any reason why it shouldn't.

Smithy2003
30th January 2004, 01:55
Ok cheers. Just wondering what it was and what it did.

Thanks.

Deano1983
30th January 2004, 14:10
I want wot that skylines got on 2fast 2furious wen smoke comes outta the side, wots that??? and where can u get em!!

Scott
30th January 2004, 17:29
a purge valve does serve a purpose, it is used to clear the tubes so to speak.

Sometimes in the lines that carry the nitrous to the engine there cna be a build up of condensation, moisture and the purge valve is used to blast the condensation etc... out of the tubes thus allowing a better flow of nos to the engine

Ripper3
31st January 2004, 19:28
The purge kits essentially carry A gas,any gas, to wherever the pipe is pointing, the Skyline in 2F2F had a purge kit, but that one just served 2 scare people, it works better when ui have an intercooler as it cools down the air goin into the engine so givin more power by the means of colder air to produce more energy when a spark is let out in the combustion chamber, so makin a larger explosion in the chamber, while Nitrous Oxide or N2O, when it reaches a certain temperature, i think its in the region of 300degressC, releases more oxygen, i think it contains about 5 times as much oxygen as the air around us contains, so it makes a huge explosion in the combustion camber w/out makin u use more fuel, as the fuell pump continues feedin the same amount of fuel in each time, unless the fuel pump is upgraded to do otherwise.
A problem with the N2O and Purge kits is that it makes more heat, and so...the more delicate parts of the engine that cant gtake as much heat, may start 2 give way, so, all in all, it could b really costly, but if uv got the mony...then who cares? Its cool and gives the cr an instant boost in power
I think that Blitz make a purge kit, but oitll have 2 b imported cos i dnt think theyre officially sellin products directly 2 Europe

Ripper3
31st January 2004, 19:29
They make more heat in the combustion chamber btw, as otherwise it wouldnt make sense as the purge kit is supposed 2 cool the air down. As i said, it makes more difference in a turbo'd or super'd car