PDA

View Full Version : Dampers

big_pimper
3rd February 2004, 18:50
just wondered if you can get shortend dampers for the back of a saxo insted of lowering the torsion bar .

Is this posible?

Deano1983
3rd February 2004, 19:09
Y wud u wanna do that??? U maybe able to but it will cost u alot more than it wud to lower the torsion bar!!

big_pimper
3rd February 2004, 21:09
yeah i supose so , but you say it is possible then.

I dint think they where that dear are they.

Deano1983
4th February 2004, 14:01
It may not be possible ave not looked into it, to get sum new dampers will be alot more expensive than gettin torsion lowered. Is there any reason for u wanting shortened ones r is it just a way u thought may be cheaper thn lowering the torsion bar???

big_pimper
17th February 2004, 19:34
i just thought that i may be able to adjust the dampers right down so it saves a lot of time and handles better.

what do you think ?

Deano1983
17th February 2004, 21:01
I guess so but u cud just get the torsion lowered to the same and it will handle better, if u can afford to hget dampners then do that but as i have said it will cost ya!! Depends wot u wanna do to ur car, if ur only wantin it for street use then theres no point but if u want it for track use get sum!!! Thats just my opinion!! Hope it helps!!

big_pimper
18th February 2004, 17:48
i am after a complete suspension kit now , so then i can use the car for road race . sounds good dont it..

Deano1983
18th February 2004, 19:05
yer that sound top class mate, let me know how u get on!!

Deano smileys/smiley14.gif