PDA

View Full Version : Interior Color Coding

SaxoMike
8th February 2004, 17:43
Hiya Lot.
At the moment I´ve done the center console mirror triangles, steering column upper and lower cover, Bootlid interior cover all in silver (Black 2002 VTs).
Problem is that I also want to do the speedo surround and the speedo itself but I can´t get the speedo surround out. There are 2 screws hidden behind the steeringwheelsticks (indicator,light,wiper,...).
Do I have to remove the whole wheel incl. Airbag and the sticks or has someone removed the surround yet without having the hassle..
Regards Mike

D@v1
9th February 2004, 06:22
you will have to get the steering column cover off to access the screws, there are some screws on the bottom which will undo so you can remove this.

mangagween
10th February 2004, 18:47
i have just been colour coding my interior and to get the speedo and surround out you have to take the steering wheel off and the indicator/wiper switches. Then the airbag unit and then you should be able to get it off with ease. Otherwise you will end up scratching all of the speedo casing.

hope this helps. i had to refer to a manual.

jimbo_coops
10th February 2004, 18:53
ay up mate how did you get the heater knob off the centre consol coz i want to colour code my heater vents at both sides and the centre section where the head unit and stuff goes but cant seem to get a good enough grip to pull it off if i even need to

SaxoMike
12th February 2004, 13:29
getting the heater knob off isn´t a big problem.
Jous demout the complete center section and plug off the switch behind the heater knob. when everything is out if the car you can grip the back side of the heater switch and pull it off..
So did I

HTH

Saxo__CUP
21st February 2004, 07:28
How about the whole dashboard? Is it difficult to take it off? How do you paint that, to cover that texture that he has... do you know what I mean?

Scott
21st February 2004, 17:49
you dont have to take the steering column off, if you use a small hack saw blade you can cut the lip off the surround to get a screwdriver into it and the cut off bit is still hidden by the steering column shroud

SAXMAD
25th February 2004, 00:45
how do u get the centre console surround off so that i can color code it all and the heater vents

barrett
25th February 2004, 01:51
the heater vents just pop out from the edges and look in the how to guides for the centre console