PDA

View Full Version : VT kits

bbewekim
12th November 2006, 23:07
Not sure if this is the right section, im contemplating a VT kit for my 1.1 (sounds pants i know, but may do engine job eventually who knows!) Do you think it will effect my insurance? If so by a great deal? Im with Marks and Spencers... Will give them a call if no luck on here :).

Tammy_VTS
12th November 2006, 23:13
dont know if it would effect it that bad tbh... as its a genuine citreon part :S ... dont know if anyone can clear this up... i say this becuase its not like its a aftermarket bodykit etc.... not 110% sure....

bbewekim
12th November 2006, 23:19
Ok cheers mate, hopefully someone will have a clearer answer but i was thinking along your lines myself :).

Jonny_H
12th November 2006, 23:38
i'm with quinn so it didnt add anything to mine.. where as people i know said an aftermarket kit added £50 a year..
or you could try the inocent option, pretend you know nothing about cars and you thought it was standard. and bought it like that.. if they are standard citroen parts they might not even notice mate.

tel
12th November 2006, 23:52
ive got the vt kit on mine be prepared, everyone will try race you when its on

S34MER
12th November 2006, 23:53
if you call them, i would say its an optional extra, you have opted for, don't mention its a bodykit cause they will get the wrong impression as soon as you mention bodykit!

bbewekim
13th November 2006, 07:46
what do you say? i want to add side skirts, bumper replacement and arches? lol may aswell just say standard 1.4 body kit?

goat_janine
13th November 2006, 10:58
Mate i would say you bought the car like that and werent to know any different. Although if youve decided to tell them, maybe send/email them a picture of your car in its present state and a similar one with the kit on. That way they can make there mind up without any confusion!

bbewekim
13th November 2006, 15:45
yeah but to be fair? If i did that, and they turned around and said, extra 100quid what am i going to do :| apart from cry?!

senseless
15th November 2006, 22:52
extra £100 i would do it

bbewekim
15th November 2006, 22:54
thanks mate. looks like im not even going to try as it wouldnt be worth it! i have to pay the first £300 on any claims so i could buy a whole brand new kit and still wouldnt touch insurance money. Will play dumb if i claimed but im not going to crash or have anyone crash into me :evil:.

custom_vtr
15th November 2006, 23:04
its standard citroen parts mate.it doesn't look like an aftermarket kit but i'd ask just incase.could be a special edition for all they know

Jonny_H
15th November 2006, 23:42
to be honest say you bought car like that, all citroen parts, you didnt know the difference. thought that was normal as you see loads of saxo's that look exactly the same.