PDA

View Full Version : advice please.. i will give rep for the helpful comments,thanx.

R4T
13th November 2006, 16:17
iam looking to gain some strength on my upper body muscle wise i do have muscles,but i would like them to be bigger if you kno what i mean! would like more my arms to be more muscley,i have been doing boxing and weights for the last 3 months everyday at least 2 hours a day i do feel stronger but my muscles dont seem to be getting much bigger,any advice would be appreciated,do i have to change the things iam eating etc

thanx in advance

custom_vtr
13th November 2006, 16:40
your not doing them any good working out every day.your muscles need time to recover:Y: plus eating the right diet/supplements will improve muscle growth

Leo
13th November 2006, 17:04
As custom_vtr said, the reason (9/10) that you arent getting bigger is OVERtraining. You grow outside of the gym, not in the gym, probley grow most when alseep infact. All you do in the gym is rip you're muscles to bits, thus making them have to grow back stronger/bigger.. but if you are doing it everyday they never get chance to recover/grow!

Also, forget this upper body stuff, if you are a boxer you should know this, you have to do you're legs the same, if not MORE than upper body to get the bigger/stronger upper body. Thats why boxers run/skip so much, not just for the stamina and balence, for the upper strengh too.

Its a common mistake, you see it alot in the gym... these beefy looking dudes with a twelve year old girls legs, it looks shocking and also, if they did there legs they would be alot bigger upper body.

Sorry if that came out harsh, didn't mean it too.. my advice is get hitting the legs, squats, etc. Also start resting, workout hard 3 days week and rest the other days, do that for a month/2 and i bet you have better results. good luck

Barry123
13th November 2006, 17:38
wicked...
under your current regime your working your arms with lots of reps but not doing much weights so in likelihood you'll be quite defined but lacking strength.

What I did do was jump into the machine weights section and find a level that was pretty difficult to complete 12 reps of. Once I'd got that level I would do 3 sets of 8 reps.

Then munched chicken and tuna like a bastard.

So with the machince go for 8 reps max 3 times :)
good luck man.

WestyVTR
13th November 2006, 21:17
look at doing 4 sets of 6-8 reps! on the exercises, workout 3 times a week on seperate sections, upper, lower, torso & low back. Rest is very important as already pointed out.

bul69
13th November 2006, 21:22
best way is vary your training, this is how my gym sessions were worked out by the fitness people at my rugby club, say for instance you wanted just upper body, split it into abs, pecs, deltoids on one day, workin the **** out of them, then have a rest day, which is still a work out, but a lot lighter, then the next day work lats, trapezium, tricep, bicep, n wrist if you want to include that, then this is at your full load again... then keep switching your workout whether its the first or the second, but always have the rest day.... also diet... get loads of protein down ya... not jus the supplement stuff, the real stuff... chicken n fish especially... ( alcohol is still alloud dont worry!!!) lol

Leo
13th November 2006, 22:22
If anybody tells you just to do upper body, they simply do not no what they are talking about!!!

Its sort of, SORT of like saying to someone... oh you want to play football? ok well just use one leg, never use both... use just one.

WestyVTR
14th November 2006, 12:53
the other thing worth pointing out is that you dont need to look massive to be really strong!!

what do you want, to be big or to be strong, or both, or to look toned & shaped but with some size also?

Japman
14th November 2006, 13:35
you need to get alot of protein in you,your musles cant grow with out protein,get some protein milk shakes.Also try Noratine Heavyweight 2-These are tablets that helps your musle grow alot,ive been on them 2 months and have put on 1 stone off them!! You need to take alot of protein with the tabs but it is well worth it and it is fully legel,aslo so 6-8 reps as appose to 8-10,this will help you increase insize,hope it helped