PDA

View Full Version : just got my insurance quote what you think about it?

james1
17th November 2006, 12:45
Hi,

just got my 1st insurance quote on a car.
saxo vtr 1999 ( not yet bought )
said the car was standerd.
still on provisional licence with 3 points and 1 years no claims bonus.
added my mum as a named driver and quinn direct said £1983?

does that sound good? how much less do you think it would be if i was to insure a 1.4 saxo?

Thanks !

James:afro:

saxodan
17th November 2006, 12:46
Not bad for your circumstances, but how have you got 3 points and you havn't passed yet fool?!

james1
17th November 2006, 12:51
have the 3 points from my motorbike at 16.

clipz
20th November 2006, 13:52
bikes always seem to bring points or an injury someones way!

Natalie
20th November 2006, 17:47
I would personally never spend £2k on insurance but it is up to you. Quote doesn't seem too bad considering you have points. I would probably be more inclined to get something cheaper to insure and build up your no claims

See what the insurance is like on a westcoast and furio. If it's cheaper, then its a better option. Not too much difference between a VTR and a furio/westcoast and it looks the same. Also try elephant and bell direct for quotes. Also try a company called hyperformance insurance. Their number will probably be in the back of lax power or revs mags. They insured me on a 1.4 Nova SR on a provisional license at 17 for £789 TPFT

ets2k9
20th November 2006, 17:52
I'd pay 2k if I was building up a no claims bonus but not on a named driver policey for a vtr.

devilsadvocate
2nd January 2007, 18:50
Thats a lot of money for insurance. What happens when you try to add mods, gonna go up even more. I reckon it would be a lot less to insure a 1.4. I have a 1.4 saxo furio and my insurance is £800 TPFT and i have Zero no claims and 3 points as well, oh and im only 19. Points dont make that much different unless you have like 9 of them lol.

Shop around. i assume you were quoting as if you had a full licence or no wonder they wanted £2000.