PDA

View Full Version : 15" alloys on a mk1

Surreysaxo
4th March 2004, 00:52
i have a base modle saxo (1.1i) and put 15" alloys on it the other day i had passengers on the back and found the rear drivers side alloy rubbed the arch so i went under the car to check it out i also found that both rear alloys are less than a 1/4 inch to the break cable and when it hits a bump it looks like it hits the cable has any one had this problem? and does any one know any where i can get this problem sorted out?

Enbwo
4th March 2004, 02:08
yeh i have a similar problem. There is a small lip sticking in the arch which rubs my tyres when i have more than one person in the back. Just a case of removing it.

C2_VTR
4th March 2004, 03:57
I had 15" alloys on my 1.1 saxo and had to roll the arches so it wouldn't rub! It was on the outside lip but depending on the spacer or fitment you have it may rub on the inside of the arches as well.the brake cable you may be able to move a little out of the way by putting a zip tie on it! smileys/smiley5.gif

Surreysaxo
4th March 2004, 15:24
chears guys will try these ideas will post results

C2_VTR
5th March 2004, 06:05
The way for you to get rid of it rubbing the arch on the outside is only by rolling it or by cutting it h=but either way make sure its done properly as if the bare metal is showing you will get rust in no time.

If you get them roled make sure they heat up the paint before they do it as it makes the paint flexible so it won't crack and peel away and,

if you cut it make sure you treat the bare metal like, rust proof it, prime it and paint it and should be no problem.

Hope it helps keeping your pride and joy looking sharp.smileys/smiley4.gif