PDA

View Full Version : how to:?

bbewekim
27th November 2006, 07:49
Hey, got a bump yesterday (jag went into the back of me) so i need to get my VT kit fitted now, rather than getting another standard bumper.

As its my mothers insurance shes abdoment they know im putting the vt kit on and also getting it lowered 40mm all round.

With the VT kit im going to just say, optional extra bumpers but how do you swingle your way round with the lowering? I will cry if this bumps up the policys price because i wont be able to do it!

Help appriciated.

goat_janine
27th November 2006, 08:00
It depends on your policy to be honest. For example i can do anything cosmetic and not get charged but any engine mods/lowering etc, i have to tell them about and it will increase my policy.

Best bet is too ring them mate and ask, Just say your looking into it or something. It will bump it up but am not sure how much!

SKOLSKY
27th November 2006, 13:31
As the jag went into the back of you you dont need to claim off your own insurance, get all his details and deal with his insurance company direct, they wont care about your non-disclosed mod's because your not there policy holder. If you go through your own, well the motor engineer that inspects your vehicle will only tell them and then the premium will go up or they could just cancel your policy depending on how tight they are.

bbewekim
27th November 2006, 16:53
My mums really annoyed me! They said they need a mechanic to quote how much the works going to cost and then their inspectors or what ever will see if they will put up the price etc, but for some reason my mums being a complete tit, where as the other week she was all up for it. Looks like im going to have a VT kit and springs forsale :P orrrrr vt kit + springs + 1.1 sax for a furio or west coast :P.

saxowhite
27th November 2006, 19:28
i just got my car lowered 50 at the front and 70 at the back and it cost £208 for the kit and about £100 to get it lowered and when i phoned my insurance up i had to pay £52.50 by that night or they were goin to cancel my insurance. if u don't tell them what u have done and u crash they will use that as an excuse not to pay anything. so i'd just phone them and pay what u have to.

Dean-T
28th November 2006, 00:35
some insurance companies are really harsh and will just void your insurance the your basically fudged mate so just tell them the situation and what you have done to the car