PDA

View Full Version : Help for the newbie!!!

Claire-VTR
4th December 2006, 14:31
Hi, just lookin a little estimate on insurance, would appreciate some help!
Well ive just past my test and was plannin on gettin a ph2 vtr, i got quoted from quinn in my own name for £1200 tpft, not bad eh? considerin i live in N.Ireland!! :evil: but ive recently decided id rather pay a little extra for a vts!! hard decision!!lol Was just wondering am i wise?? Does anyone know of anyone around my age insuring a vts, and if so how much? Please help me make up my mind! :wacko:

Dave_M
4th December 2006, 14:50
When i brought my mk2 vtr i had same situation. Was only £300-400 more to insure a vts rather than vtr. But you got to look at running costs. And how much you have to spend. Where as mk2 vtr you can get a good low millage one for 2.5k Where as a vts it will have closer to 70k and maybe above for that kind of money.

Is a fast car for a first car aswell.

Work it out though. And if you can afford it i would personally. As if you get a vtr you will just be thinking "i wish i had a vts"

Claire-VTR
4th December 2006, 14:54
yeah, cheers. I would pay max £2500 for a vts, but i dunno if i could get that insurance is soooo expensive here like! The main reason is tat im goin to uni next yr and i want a car that'll satisfy me until im out lol but then im thinkin wise up ur only 17 a vts is toooo fast lol plus im a girl!! lol

Danr
4th December 2006, 15:30
a vtr will suit your needs fine. The cost for the 's' will be alot more and in theory if you don't have much experience you will be pleased the the 'r'

SaxyDan
4th December 2006, 22:22
As someone who will be in your situation shortly, the VTR looks pretty good - 0-60 in 9.1secs is not to be sniffed at for a standard first car!!! I think the VTS might be that little bit too quick for a first timer, plus you can always mod the VTR anyway if you want more speed.

Claire-VTR
6th December 2006, 12:10
Yeah i suppose, its just all my mates are older than me and have fast cars ie a 180bhp remapped ibiza fr! :oops: and i just didnt wanna be left behind! :P lol but for the sake of a little extra id probly save a whole lot more!! Thanks anyway for ur advice!!