PDA

View Full Version : from Fast to Furious @ Shitroen Garage...

Alex2001mk
20th March 2004, 13:33
Guys,

I own a 98 VTS with a few modifications like a Ram Air WRC K&N induction kit, FSE, SuperSprint decat System + back box. My car started to blow black smoke on high revs and the fuel consumption got worse.

I reset the ECU but disconecting the batery...nothing changed. I replaced the green temp sensor...still nothing. Cleaned the air filter, changed the fuel filter, decreased the FSE pressure...and still NOTHING!

In a state of DEMENTIA i went to the Shitroen garage where they diagnosed my ECU with the Lexia. They reported to me that all the midifications are confusing the ECU..increased fuel pressure, air intake, increased outflow in the exhaust system. Genaraly they blamed my mods for the problem.

Their recomendation was to first change the Lambda and start from there..even though my VTS is decated. Then replace the air pressure temp...then who knows. I was previosly fast but now I am furious.

Should I burn down their garage? smileys/smiley16.gif

Any thoughts?

Alex

Scott
20th March 2004, 17:05
from the black smoke from the exhaust it does sound like the lambda has had it

Alex2001mk
20th March 2004, 17:17
You know its the chicken and the eg thing.

The lambda fault it NOT permanent. You can erase it. The lambda shows a bad value on idle and low revs...020-200 which means rich mixture / gases...because there is an excess of fuel. Is it faulty then? I heard that only 7% of the mixture is corrected by the lambda.

The engine does run rich and the lamda repotrs it, so if it repors a rich mixture whos fault is it? Cannot be lambda...that the result, and the result cannot be causality.

I know its philosopical...I am going to T-bridge the vacuum to the OEM and FSE regulators and see what happends.

Thanks....I think I am burning the bulding anyway. smileys/flamed.gif smileys/smiley7.gif

Marcsforte
30th March 2004, 00:12
Burn The bloody building down mate and take a shit on the geezers fucking berlingo roof!!!

Alex2001mk
31st March 2004, 01:33
Read more on my Gremlin in my VTS thred.....